Rumor: Max Unger expected to be released (per ESPN radio)

Throwdown

Reaction score
WillSaints81":283rkovd said:
Wow, I am just amazed by all of this. First off, the offensive line is the most important thing to the saints. And Evans was cut because someone who was underperforming or injury prone had to go. Strief is a better leader also so he stays so far. The saints are getting rid of the players that so far contributed less to the defense and oline this year.

Hate to burst your bubbles but Unger will be staying with us.

That's fine by me lol.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This would be surprising, to be honest.

I'd take him back on his current deal. Unger turned out to be exactly what New Orleans wanted. He solidified their line, helped turn them into a respectable run blocking unit. Mark Ingram was having a career year before his injury. Their OL made Tim Hightower look like a legit starter (and also helped me win a fantasy championship in the process). Unger stayed healthy, graded out well, and impressed their fanbase. What else could you want? Not his fault their defense was historically terrible.

Wasn't our offense something like 100 YPG better with Unger than either Lewis or LJP? How many yards better would he have been than Nowak?

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ujvwiaij said:
This would be surprising, to be honest.

I'd take him back on his current deal. Unger turned out to be exactly what New Orleans wanted. He solidified their line, helped turn them into a respectable run blocking unit. Mark Ingram was having a career year before his injury. Their OL made Tim Hightower look like a legit starter (and also helped me win a fantasy championship in the process). Unger stayed healthy, graded out well, and impressed their fanbase. What else could you want? Not his fault their defense was historically terrible.

Wasn't our offense something like 100 YPG better with Unger than either Lewis or LJP? How many yards better would he have been than Nowak?

I don't get it either, and was surprised by the rumblings.

The report came out before the Saints released Evans, so maybe it was an either/or thing between Unger and Evans.

Or maybe they suddenly decided they have to get younger at all costs, but that's bad roster management if so. Look at how the Cardinals utilize older players on solid deals.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":y2hxzm2u said:
TwistedHusky":y2hxzm2u said:
If they could bring back Unger, all would be almost forgiven.

If they brought back Unger and Browner? I would throw a party. Not exaggerating.

You must have not watched a lot of Browner last year. He needs to retire in the worst way.
FIFY