Russ ankle injuries?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
We all saw him with heavy tape mid game last week.

Just looked at the practice photos from today on .com, and he still has the massive tape. Nothing confirmed by the team as far as I know, but I don’t know why else you would tape like that unless it’s some kind of sprain. So, healthy Russ was seemingly short lived.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Frankly, he has looked slow to me all season so far. Maybe thats why.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Eh. If he was hurt in any significant way we'd surely see it listed on the injury reports, given how they almost got in big trouble over it last season with Sherman.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Mojambo":2yufv1rk said:
Eh. If he was hurt in any significant way we'd surely see it listed on the injury reports, given how they almost got in big trouble over it last season with Sherman.

I agree. Could just be for added support to keep it from happening again.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1todfgeh said:
pittpnthrs":1todfgeh said:
Frankly, he has looked slow to me all season so far. Maybe thats why.
He hasn't looked slow to me.

I remember 1 play in particular (against Titans) I was wondering about Russell's lack of speed. He was running around the L end with the D end in chase. Russell was barely able to stay in front of the DE, they looked like pretty much the exact same speed. Camera was from behind, so it's possible this was not entirely the case. But it left me wondering.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
He has looked slower this year to me, still plenty fast to keep a defense honest, but it doesn't look as special to my eye. I think watching Boykin this pre season may have something to do with my perception, he just looked another level faster, like Russ his rookie year maybe? I think Russ used to be little faster, at the same time he was probably quicker in his decision to bolt, and conversely is now even more focused down field as he scrambles and thus "slower"? Either way I'm still on the Russ bus, we go as he goes, that is obvious!

Latest posts