Russ Seems Lethargic In Presser

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":3r78zpij said:
I think it's pretty obvious that I wasn't referring to just this thread or just your comments in this thread..

Welcome to .Net, let me show you around.

Seymour

Reaction score
He is not "that" lethargic. He managed to get the $10,000 G from his Gatorade bottle in perfect alignment of the camera. ;)

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":59uyie82 said:
Chapow":59uyie82 said:
I think it's pretty obvious that I wasn't referring to just this thread or just your comments in this thread..

What is this supposed to mean? I'm pretty familiar with .net, been here quite a bit longer than you as a matter of fact.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":1xl6r5hq said:
Sgt. Largent":1xl6r5hq said:
Chapow":1xl6r5hq said:

What is this supposed to mean? I'm pretty familiar with .net, been here quite a bit longer than you as a matter of fact.

It means this place has been negative about everything for a looooooooooooooooong time, so not sure why you're mad and defensive for Russell about another negative thread. Especially one this tame.

Fire Bevell, Fire Cable, Pete's lost it, Russell's not elite, trade Jimmy, O-line sucks, Sherman needs to shut up, the media is biased, NFL refs have it out for us, should I keep going?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let me be clear. I didn't mean to start another "negative" thread about Wilson. It was simply an observation having watched many of his pressers. I admitted it could be nothing at all, and likely is, but it still struck me as something to discuss on a Thursday afternoon.

As long as he gives his all on gameday that's all I could possibly ever ask for. His clichés never bothered me. I will take that over a smug jerk any day of the week aka CAM.

I guess I just was hoping to see him a bit more fired up for a challenging road game across the country which could mean a win at best would put us in first place in the division (with a Rams loss Sunday) or at worst a loss could put us in 3rd place behind the Rams and Cardinals. BIG GAME.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3fcj11x3 said:
Chapow":3fcj11x3 said:
Sgt. Largent":3fcj11x3 said:
Chapow":3fcj11x3 said:

It means this place has been negative about everything for a looooooooooooooooong time...
Right, that is basically what I was referring to in the part of my 1st post in this thread that you quoted.

...so not sure why you're mad and defensive for Russell about another negative thread. Especially one this tame.
Not mad, just super sick of all the negativity constantly heaped on Russ on this website. I don't usually comment in the constant Russ bashing sessions here because I've learned that it's completely pointless, but every once in a while I just can't help myself. This was one of those times. Yet again, I should have just rolled my eyes, shrugged, and moved on like I usually do.

Fire Bevell, Fire Cable, Pete's lost it, Russell's not elite, trade Jimmy, O-line sucks, Sherman needs to shut up, the media is biased, NFL refs have it out for us, should I keep going?
Yes, you're really just scratching the surface.

This place is hilarious and pathetic all at the same time. If I knew nothing about the Seahawks and suddenly stumbled across this site, the only logical conclusion I could come to is that this team is awful. One of the worst in the league for sure. Our coaching staff is made up of a bunch of bumbling idiots, our front office is just as bad, our QB is somewhere between terrible and mediocre, our OL is the worst in the history of the NFL and couldn't possibly improve no matter what, our RB's all suck, Willson is better than Graham and Graham is soft, and I'm guessing we have a pretty forgettable defense since no one really seems to mention them much unless it's to bitch about something that didn't go perfectly even when they hold the highest scoring team in the NFL (at the time) to 10 points.

Aros, I apologize that this all came out in this thread, it certainly wasn't my intention and this thread is no where near as bad as most. BUT, I already typed out my little rant/tantrum and I'll be damned if I'm going to delete it now. :)

sutz

Reaction score
Seymour":17i8iuhx said:
He is not "that" lethargic. He managed to get the $10,000 G from his Gatorade bottle in perfect alignment of the camera. ;)
See, he still has his eye on the important stuff.

:twisted:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1za7guv6 said:
It means this place has been negative about everything for a looooooooooooooooong time, so not sure why you're mad and defensive for Russell about another negative thread. Especially one this tame.

Seconded. At times this place is barely tolerable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":2639gcog said:
Aros, I apologize that this all came out in this thread, it certainly wasn't my intention and this thread is no where near as bad as most. BUT, I already typed out my little rant/tantrum and I'll be damned if I'm going to delete it now. :)

It's not unique to this site, or any other fan site.

It's just the nature of fandom, we tend to dwell on the negative. Probably cause at the core of any crazy sports fan (and let's be honest, if you're a regular time waster on this site? You're a crazy sports fan)............we're armchair QB's who want to fix the negative things going on with our teams.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33xsh43i said:
Chapow":33xsh43i said:

It's not unique to this site, or any other fan site.

It's just the nature of fandom, we tend to dwell on the negative. Probably cause at the core of any crazy sports fan (and let's be honest, if you're a regular time waster on this site? You're a crazy sports fan)............we're armchair QB's who want to fix the negative things going on with our teams.
But it's a fair criticism that the people who aren't generally hospitalized from the severity of their knee-jerk reactions are regularly shouted down and buried under avalanches of false logic and hyperbolic gloomerism better suited to professional wrestling, which is not entirely unique to this site, but is certainly endemic.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":jt016jux said:
buried under avalanches of false logic and hyperbolic gloomerism.

That's some poetry right there people. I'm totally stealing "hyperbolic gloomerism."

Isn't that what Michael Jackson slept in?

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1y1zee6w said:
KiwiHawk":1y1zee6w said:
buried under avalanches of false logic and hyperbolic gloomerism.

That's some poetry right there people. I'm totally stealing "hyperbolic gloomerism."

Isn't that what Michael Jackson slept in?

I don't know. Why don't you ask him?

120329jackson600.jpg

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Aros":pvualtlc said:
Is it just me or does Russell seem to be lacking that passion/enthusiasm he has always shown in the past, especially for mid week pressers? I just watched the whole interview and he just seems to be lacking "something". I don't even know what it is really. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe he's simply tired or bummed to be constantly asked about the issues on offense. Maybe Ciara is taking his energy in - ahem - certain ways...I don't know, I am probably looking too much into his demeanor on one random presser on a Wednesday but I think we can all agree that he's not playing at his peak level this season and I just don't know why that is.

[youtube]umfXr4jL8r0[/youtube]

You're close, very close.

Think...#Ciara

acer1240

Reaction score
Aros has been quick to pick up on nuances in the past. He has an uncanny sense for these things.

After watching it, I get the vibe that Russell is exhausted.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
acer1240":2zw0i08j said:
Aros has been quick to pick up on nuances in the past. He has an uncanny sense for these things.

After watching it, I get the vibe that Russell is exhausted.

- signed Aros' mother.

And you've been around since 07?

.....C''mon.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Maybe the addition of his first child to his household has something to do with it?

I know many people that changed drastically after their first child came, it can't be helped in most cases, it's just that way.

GO HAWKS!!!