Russell Okung has torn labrum in shoulder

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":186kvl3r said:
HawkWow":186kvl3r said:
I wanted ASJ (still do) but we passed on both him and worse, the OL kid from Nevada. Either would have helped us instantly. I assume the fear was that Harvin would again get dinged and Richardson would be his replacement. As you know Bevell just had all kinds of trickeration planned for Harvin (?!).

Again, aside from your raging Husky bias.. what does ASJ bring this team? Bitonio over Richardson is debatable, especially since our guard play has actually been fine.. but also bear in mind, we got Marsh from the trade back and it also gave us flexibility to land Norwood - the same guy you like for whatever reason.. cause I mean, he's clearly showing he can get on the field too, even though Richardson is a wasted pick for ... being inactive one game. :roll:

I also assume the Michael pick was a direct shot at Lynch. 'Shawn was making no effort to disguise his distain for our play calling. And while we want to believe Pete is / was just fine with Marshawn's free-spirited antics, that wouldn't be complete truth. Michael wasn't drafted because Turbin wasn't getting it done, he was drafted to replace Lynch. Michael hasn't come close to doing so, can't even step in for Turbin, and all this (dumb ass) pick did was add to Lynch's leverage.

Major reach on all accounts. Michael was added to bring a "lightning" element to Lynch's style. Turbin is built in the same way as Lynch with obviously much less of the skillset. Why he hasn't been able to find the field is anyone's guess.. AGAIN.. he can be active every week, it doesn't matter if our knucklehead OC dials up only 10-12 carries for a running back. The banging of the drum for Michael is hilarious because right now Bevell doesn't even give Lynch the necessary touches.

Pete is on the verge of erasing the accolades bestowed upon him from his peers in the NFL. He longed for that validation and I doubt he is going to dick around with this insane, gimmicky play calling much longer. This isn't what won him a natty and it's not what won him a SB. Unless he's gone completely senile, he understands this crap isn't disguising the fact we failed to address the O-line. I believe we are about to get back to USC-type, hardnosed, physical football and we will have to win or lose with this mess of an O-line. I'm good with that. This is still a young team and hopefully we learned yesterday that it all STILL starts with the O-line. We need to trade and / or cut Bevell's playthings asap, imo, then move up in this draft and get us a FLT (for starters).

You're right.. a couple bad outings will completely erase the Super Bowl win :lol:

Your raging sarcasm would have more impact if backed by common sense. Don't worry, it's an art. We can't all be artists. :) Where, at any point, did I use the term "wasted pick" in reference to Richardson? In fact, I have been in Richardson's corner, despite his inability to get on the field while healthy...unlike Norwood. Also despite the fact I want ASJ or OL.

"What would ASJ bring to this team"? Wow. You watch the games, right? You do know Miller is hurt and Willson is dropping balls, right? I should stop here but who would have helped us more yesterday..ASJ or Richardson? Dayum.

Pete was once told he didn't have "it" to coach in the NFL and that he was a "college coach". He himself has expressed how much that bothered him and how important the validation of his peers was to him. Do you actually think his failure to address the line, and instead believing the implementation of a bunch of WAC plays would mask that is not raising questions? Maybe the fact he's had the youngest team in the NFL, just out of college, is why he was so successful with that group. But what's happening now that they are big chested vets? They look flat and uninspired and that goes on the coaches.

Time for recess, Hass...and don't forget to do your homework. :) <

Hawks46

Reaction score
Largent80":2gz69td6 said:
Ironically, my torn labrum was operated on by the Hawks team surgeon in 2003.

There is no way he should be playing with that injury and given his penchant for making penalties that a rookie would make during training camp, I say shelve him, take our lumps and move on.

He is the MOST penalized OT in the entire league.

He's not effective, that's for sure.

That said, Bennett had a torn labrum and refused to have surgery on it. He doesn't require it now.