Pete Carroll: Win over Russell Wilson was “really rewarding” for former Seahawks

Hawknight

Reaction score
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com
Posted by Mike Florio on September 14, 2022

“You figure that out,” Carroll said. “It was really meaningful and they really wanted it and I knew we were playing for a lot more than just the regular stuff. We have a real connection with the history. . . . They feel it and they love the fact that they played here and they love seeing us do well. On this night, they realized there was a big opportunity and a big statement to be made. The game isn’t about an individual player here or there. It’s about team. This is the ultimate team sport and it’s been stated so many times before. It takes everybody.

And, as Carroll possibly would say if he were being candid,
Wilson showed his gratitude by wanting more and, eventually, wanting out. He finally got what he wanted. And now Carroll has reverted to proving that “team” wins over “me.” In so doing, he has re-embraced various players on whom Carroll had to turn his back in order to properly support Wilson.
-------------------

Interesting read in the least. Much of it what most of us believed to be true or at least speculated behind the scenes.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pete is a master of downplaying ANY game BEFORE the game is played, but after the game is over that's when you get a more candid response from him. Of course this game meant a lot to him and the team emotionally. We all knew that before the whistle blew for kickoff.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com
Posted by Mike Florio on September 14, 2022

“You figure that out,” Carroll said. “It was really meaningful and they really wanted it and I knew we were playing for a lot more than just the regular stuff. We have a real connection with the history. . . . They feel it and they love the fact that they played here and they love seeing us do well. On this night, they realized there was a big opportunity and a big statement to be made. The game isn’t about an individual player here or there. It’s about team. This is the ultimate team sport and it’s been stated so many times before. It takes everybody.

And, as Carroll possibly would say if he were being candid,
Wilson showed his gratitude by wanting more and, eventually, wanting out. He finally got what he wanted. And now Carroll has reverted to proving that “team” wins over “me.” In so doing, he has re-embraced various players on whom Carroll had to turn his back in order to properly support Wilson.
-------------------

Interesting read in the least. Much of it what most of us believed to be true or at least speculated behind the scenes.
I know, right?

It's all come out now.

You know what? I'm looking forward to the SanFran game - that will be the bookmark for officially moving on from this "Bad Date".

It's like your ex shows up at a party. Dude was a douche before. Dude is a douche now. New GF looks trashy.

;)

Separately from the posts that I've made about it - I'm actually looking VERY forward to this being in the rearview. I'm glad that PC is happier - i've said that since the pre-season pressers began. He didn't deserve the backdoor entry that RW3 gave him, particularly since all this shit is actually coming out now. At least he can talk about it now without looking like he has been beat down to the point where he doesn't even want to coach anymore. Which was the case for the past 2 years. My goodness. Say what you want about PC at USC - but he didn't deserve that. JS had the right idea i've decoded - but didn't override pete. He should have. Everyone would have been better off.

Pete obviously stuck up for Russ, and got raped as a thank you.

Good bye Mr. Unlimited. Scoundrel. It will be absolutely WONDERFUL to never discuss him again.

GO HAWKS. GO GENO.

Last edited: