Russell switched Gatorade sides because of left shoulder

theascension

Reaction score
Whenever it was this is just more evidence towards how amazing a competitor Wilson is and how he can easily become one of the greatest ever quarterbacks in the next decade.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
plyka":2pjpsx0f said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":2pjpsx0f said:
http://inagist.com/all/431211713103294466/

Wow. PC is the master of cloak and dagger. Apparently Russell's left shoulder had been hurting him for a couple of weeks.

I'm pretty sure i 100% know when it happened. This is just a guess, but when he made that huge pass to Baldwin in the SF game (50 + yarder), a SF defender absolutely laid him out on what was a late hit, and drove his left shoulder into the ground.

He was wearing sleeves and noticeable padding on his left shoulder for weeks before that. I'm sure that hit against SF didn't help matters, though.

davidonmi

Reaction score
He started wearing sleeves the Atlanta game, which seemed weird at the time cause the game was a dome, I also remember him getting ambushed in the Tampa game, which gives me a feeling that's when it happened

irfuben32

Reaction score
if that is when he got hurt, it must be noted for the record he got hurt IN THE POCKET!

so sick of people saying he is going to get hurt if he runs, QB's get pounded in the pocket

plyka

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3n9i4e6y said:
plyka":3n9i4e6y said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":3n9i4e6y said:
http://inagist.com/all/431211713103294466/

Wow. PC is the master of cloak and dagger. Apparently Russell's left shoulder had been hurting him for a couple of weeks.

I'm pretty sure i 100% know when it happened. This is just a guess, but when he made that huge pass to Baldwin in the SF game (50 + yarder), a SF defender absolutely laid him out on what was a late hit, and drove his left shoulder into the ground.

He was wearing sleeves and noticeable padding on his left shoulder for weeks before that. I'm sure that hit against SF didn't help matters, though.

Yeah, you could be right...but when that hit happened in the SF game, I was holding my breath because the guy just drove Wilson to the ground. I was thinking Aaron Rodgers broken clavicle or a separated shoulder.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I and several others have been posting for months that Wilson has had some lingering injury affecting his play, and it's refreshing to hear it confirmed. (Compared to the alternative of a legitimate sophomore slump) The total lack of read option runs, the baffling accuracy problems that simply didn't happen much at all most of Russell's rookie year. Add in the exceptionally conservative offensive game plans, and simply not letting Russell the gunslinger play against SF, Arizona, even the Giants. He just wasn't anywhere near 100% his normal self. 70% of Russell was good enough for a Lombardi. Seemed like Russell was 90% healthy or above pretty much all last year.

Kudos to Russell for finding a way to make it almost look normal. The giveaway was the 2 or 3 simple, easy throws he would miss each game that were so uncharacteristic compared to last year. Last year, he had overthrows, just from adrenaline, on medium and deep passes, especially early in games, but rarely missed on short simple stuff. When he missed that simple throw early in the Super Bowl, I was worried, but Russell found a way to get it together.

I was so glad Pete and Darrell were smart enough to pull out the stops in the Super Bowl and come in with the "Russell, score early and often" game plan.

It was excruciatingly painful watching McQuistan attempt to play left tackle while Okung was out. It seemed like Bailey at least slowed people down when they experimented with him there.

Rest of the NFL, look out next season!

To those perceptive few who noticed the extra padding, different sleeves, etc., after Tampa Bay, was Russell's injury common knowledge among our opponents? I'm thinking yes, but the only thing it truly changed for them is they knew they didn't have to prepare much for the read option runs that were so successful last year.

Exittium

Reaction score
Well I will say at least our rushed most the time when "in control" on their way to the QB, so slaughter him when they see him toss the ball, best example was probably the SB, think just when smith got the interception, Avril or Bennett was going all in on Payton then stopped after they saw the ball gone and grabbed his sleeve to keep manning upright. Were as example the whole 49er line just pile drives Wilson into the ground as hard as they can even when he's clearly tossed the ball. Funny now if Seattle was killing Kap like that Hardouche would still be screaming about those rule changes..

seanoob

Reaction score
Exittium":3q3bv8xi said:
Well I will say at least our rushed most the time when "in control" on their way to the QB, so slaughter him when they see him toss the ball, best example was probably the SB, think just when smith got the interception, Avril or Bennett was going all in on Payton then stopped after they saw the ball gone and grabbed his sleeve to keep manning upright. Were as example the whole 49er line just pile drives Wilson into the ground as hard as they can even when he's clearly tossed the ball. Funny now if Seattle was killing Kap like that Hardouche would still be screaming about those rule changes..

I loved seeing this kind of sportsmanship from our guys. The niners are almost as dirty as the bucs.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Funny how this "game manager" played hurt half the year, and yet still managed a +100 quarterback rating for the season and scored more touchdowns than any quarterback in history not named Dan Marino. Oh, and demolished the Broncos in the Super Bowl with a rating of 123.1, two TDs and zero turnovers.

Kid's got it.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1wu4i9nc said:
Funny how this "game manager" played hurt half the year, and yet still managed a +100 quarterback rating for the season and scored more touchdowns than any quarterback in history not named Dan Marino. Oh, and demolished the Broncos in the Super Bowl with a rating of 123.1, two TDs and zero turnovers.

Kid's got it.

That's why I am proud to wear a #3 jersey! Thank God John Schneider wanted Russell on our team!