Russell Wilson 25th in the Top 100

poly1274

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":pmduuwz1 said:
I had a good laugh at many of their selections. :lol:
Goff being ranked that high was laughable, to say the least. And homer or not, any ranking that puts Goff that high and Russ that low can't be taken seriously, in any way.

Oh please
4668 yards 32 Td and 12 isn’t along with 2 rushing td is better than

3448 yards 35 tds 7 int.

rcaido

Reaction score
poly1274":38515k1m said:
SoulfishHawk":38515k1m said:
Goff being ranked that high was laughable, to say the least. And homer or not, any ranking that puts Goff that high and Russ that low can't be taken seriously, in any way.

Oh please

3448 yards 35 tds 7 int.

You should be nominated for funniest poster.

Wilson has more TDs 35>32.
Goff threw the ball 134 more times. That's like 25% more than Wilson...That's like 4 more games....He has top Offensive line, great receivers, & MVP caliber RB.

I guess Goff outplayed Brees last year too right? Because passing yards is the best stat as a QB right?

Brees
3992 yards 32TD

poly1274

Reaction score
rcaido":13ljv4mv said:
poly1274":13ljv4mv said:
SoulfishHawk":13ljv4mv said:

Oh please

3448 yards 35 tds 7 int.

Goff threw the ball 134 more times. That's like 25% more than Wilson...That's like 4 more games....He has top Offensive line, great receivers, & MVP caliber RB.

I guess Goff outplayed Brees last year too right? Because passing yards is the best stat as a QB right?

Brees
3992 yards 32TD

Yes I would say Goff did better than Brees.

Goff threw more than RW is that his fault? He has more yards. Don’t talk about top O line or other WR”a or RB it has nothing to do with it. This isn’t a teamwork it’s individual performance. Notice only 8 OL in top 100. And btw Goff had 2 rushing tds which makes it 1 less RW. And yes 1200 more yards

McGruff

Reaction score
And that's the problem with stats.

People always appeal to stats and (worse yet) analytics in football. But they rarely paint a complete picture

Because anybody with half a football for a brain knows that Wilson is a substantionally better quarterback than Goff. It's not even close.

Goff plays in an enormously simplified, one read, high volume, QB friendly system and is surrounded by superior talent at nearly every position.

He is the poster child for a system QB. At best he is durable Sam Bradford. At worst hes Case Keenum.

acer1240

Reaction score
This is the fantasy football effect. Raw numbers are everything.

Russ should be at least 10 spots higher.

pehawk

Reaction score
Goff had -

Best OL in game
Best WR corp in game
Best wide-zone rushing attack in game
Offensive play-design savant calling plays
HC make his line reads for him
HC tell him where to throw at LOS

So yeah, he's better than Russ.

John63

Reaction score
poly1274":2de9p1xa said:
rcaido":2de9p1xa said:
poly1274":2de9p1xa said:
SoulfishHawk":2de9p1xa said:

Oh please

3448 yards 35 tds 7 int.

Brees
3992 yards 32TD

Yes I would say Goff did better than Brees.

Goff threw more than RW is that his fault? He has more yards. Don’t talk about top O line or other WR”a or RB it has nothing to do with it. This isn’t a teamwork it’s individual performance. Notice only 8 OL in top 100. And btw Goff had 2 rushing tds which makes it 1 less RW. And yes 1200 more yards

LOL you just proved you have no knowledge of football or any sport. No matter how good you are the talent around you mattes, the system your in matters. The fact you dont think have a top oline, top wr, and top RB means anything shows truly how little you know. There is not one NFL expert who is not a homer that would take Goff over Wilson. The reason is simple he does more with less.

pehawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1qj47i2v said:
acer1240":1qj47i2v said:
John just won this thread

By repeating what pe and me had previously already said.

And we said it better too!

To be fair I said it better. You just rambled on like it was Sunday and there were suckers forced to listen to it.

McGruff

Reaction score
pehawk":25c5rau3 said:
McGruff":25c5rau3 said:
acer1240":25c5rau3 said:
John just won this thread

By repeating what pe and me had previously already said.

And we said it better too!

To be fair I said it better. You just rambled on like it was Sunday and there were suckers forced to listen to it.

It's always Sunday somewhere, and there are always suckers.

And I will always ramble on.