Russell Wilson and Steve McNair

General Manager

Reaction score
Anthony!":2idfth07 said:
General Manager":2idfth07 said:
I find the whole game manager argument amusing because I've looked at those numbers and seen him play ,it's just a flat out fact that Wilson is an elite QB as of right now. Unless your one of those guys that wants to throw out every stat except passing yards per game to support your delusion . That's most of ESPN unfortunately and it makes one wonder why they choose to do that.

They choose to do that because most of them said Rw was a career Back up that no QB under 6 foot cold succeed, and especially one drafted in the 3rd round. So using only yards allows them to think what they want without making it sound like nothing but a height issue. However that is changing more and more "experts" are starting to change. Heck Peter King was on KJR today and said he had the Hawks #1 over GB, Denver, and Sf and the main reason....the QB in other words RW, so it is changing, one more good season should do it.

That's my conclusion as well they can't admit they were wrong so they come up with lame ass excuses and theory's. I don't know if some of them will ever give him the respect he's earned but that's there problem.

Mick063

Reaction score
It is all about fantasy football.

The only difference between Wilson and fantasy stardom is number of attempts.

The only difference.

Aikman went through the same ordeal. Great defense and great run game = no need to put the ball up 40 times per game. He still was a multiple champion. He still reached the Hall of Fame. He still could put up terrific numbers when his team was in a hole (which wasn't often). He excelled in "clutch" situations in big games. He was never really put in a situation to carry his team until late in his career when he was less mobile, his receiving corps had limited depth, and his offensive line became ordinary. His struggles in that time frame left a bad impression on many folks and don't accurately reflect how good Aikman was in his prime. More than once, in an era of Marino, Kelley, and Elway, Madden called games where he declared he would choose Aikman as his quarterback if he were to build a team.

Fantasy football has the masses clamoring for the NFL to score like a pinball machine.