Russell Wilson finished #1 in total & passing TDs

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":6wfaz98p said:
I think it's a pretty good rebuttal to those who think Wilson is a "3rd tier QB" and "trash."

He has been the most prolific QB in the NFL this season.

I also think it shows that a healthy offense cannot solely revolve around Wilson and the passing game, which Darrell Bevell has been inching toward for several seasons. We need an effective running game and creative play calling to complement Wilson.
Great post and I agree with it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
WmHBonney":24jbrn8i said:
LMAO...this stat MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING because he will be sitting at home for the playoffs.

That’s not true.

It certainly indicates one place the team doesn’t need to lol to make changes.

Give the man credit.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
People can celebrate one players significance without discrediting it simply because the team failed.

Doesn’t have to be black and white.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2j1guyqy said:
IndyHawk":2j1guyqy said:
hawknation2017":2j1guyqy said:
#1 in Total TDs (37)
#1 in Passing TDs (34)
#2 in Total Yards (4,569 combined passing and rushing yards, 40 yards less than Tom Brady)
#1 Highest Percentage of Team's TDs and Yards in NFL History
#1 Most 4th Quarter TD Passes in NFL History

Imagine if he had a competent play caller! :2thumbs:
Imagine if he would wake up in the first half! instead of playing from behind :2thumbs:
OR, imagine YOU in there scuttling the Seahawks Offense with your think you know-it-all, but ->KNOW-NOTHING< about being a Professional Football Quarterback, with a shit-bag Offense.
I could hardly SCUTTLE it any more than it is lol.
I want wins and could careless about his stats when we are not winning anything.
We are not the SeattleWilson's..Close that closet dude

bmorepunk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2oordhf0 said:
LMAO...this stat MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING because he will be sitting at home for the playoffs.

He's been pretty awesome since he was drafted. He's not perfect. But he still did what he did this year behind yet another disaster offensive line and without a decent running back. And he's won a Super Bowl. Which is one more than Dan Marino, who is one of the best ever at the position and also had stats.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aw Mang":1bofqhno said:
scutterhawk":1bofqhno said:
northseahawk":1bofqhno said:
Yea definitely 4th quarter MVP, but a 3rd stringer qb in quarter 1 to 3.
He'll be in the history books as an outstanding Quarterback-----Where are YOU going to wind up, eh !!??
Dude it’s a silly comparison and you know it.
C’mon man!!
Nope--

ducks41468

Reaction score
So people are blaming him for the 9-7 when in 2 of those losses he led the team down the field at the end of the game and Walsh missed the FG, and in another loss (WSH) Walsh missed 3 FG's and the defense had a late breakdown. This is an 11-5/12-4 team if we had an even remotely competent kicker, and no one would complain about Wilson.

We really do have the most entitled fanbase in the league. We almost deserve for Carroll to trade Wilson out of arrogance and then endure a series of 3-13 seasons.

cymatica

Reaction score
ducks41468":wdjhmlzx said:
So people are blaming him for the 9-7 when in 2 of those losses he led the team down the field at the end of the game and Walsh missed the FG, and in another loss (WSH) Walsh missed 3 FG's and the defense had a late breakdown. This is an 11-5/12-4 team if we had an even remotely competent kicker, and no one would complain about Wilson.

We really do have the most entitled fanbase in the league. We almost deserve for Carroll to trade Wilson out of arrogance and then endure a series of 3-13 seasons.

You base your perception of an entire fanbase off of a few posts? How about start a poll and see how many in here really put blame on Wilson.

Spoiler : the poll puts blame on Bevell and Cable

getnasty

Reaction score
cymatica":1qtgwcvb said:
ducks41468":1qtgwcvb said:

You base your perception of an entire fanbase off of a few posts? How about start a poll and see how many in here really put blame on Wilson.

Spoiler : the poll puts blame on Bevell and Cable

Even the people that are critical of Wilson(like myself) dont blame him. That doesn't mean I don't expect way more out of him then I do any other player on this team.

TAB420

Reaction score
northseahawk":3uw3g3xs said:
Yea definitely 4th quarter MVP, but a 3rd stringer qb in quarter 1 to 3.

It's not how you start, it's how....Sorry, I'm getting tired of that BS myself.

mrt144

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned that the running game put the entire fortunes on RW's passing and that passing became even more high leverage because of it?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I am a Russ fan. I was ecstatic when we drafted him. I knew what we were getting. I'm just saying that stats like these mean nothing when you are sitting at home during the playoffs. I bet you that he would agree.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
WmHBonney":28090jgf said:
Don't get me wrong. I am a Russ fan. I was ecstatic when we drafted him. I knew what we were getting. I'm just saying that stats like these mean nothing when you are sitting at home during the playoffs. I bet you that he would agree.

Well, he's certainly not winning MVP.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":chw54irk said:
WmHBonney":chw54irk said:

He's been pretty awesome since he was drafted. He's not perfect. But he still did what he did this year behind yet another disaster offensive line and without a decent running back. And he's won a Super Bowl. Which is one more than Dan Marino, who is one of the best ever at the position and also had stats.

Agreed! At the time it was said there would be "no doubt" the (sincerely) great Dan Marino would be back to win a Super Bowl, after the thumping the 49ers gave the Dolphins in SBXIX.

Halea41

Reaction score
hawknation2017":cwvo5yjj said:
#1 in Total TDs (37)
#1 in Passing TDs (34)
#2 in Total Yards (4,569 combined passing and rushing yards, 40 yards less than Tom Brady)

Mostly against PREVENT defense in the 4th quarter. Russell Wilson must have the worst 1-3 quarter stats.

Russell Wilson is also 1-5 when the defense gives up 20 points or more.

original poster

Reaction score
If it wasn’t for the slow starts on offense he could have easily beaten Payton Mannings TD record for most in a season.

Time to build this team around our star QB. 2018 is going to be a great year!

mrkyle

Reaction score
hawknation2017":hfzd2xdb said:
#1 in Total TDs (37)
#1 in Passing TDs (34)

your cherry picking his numbers this year

9th in passing yards
10th in rating
27th in 1st down percentage
6th in 20 plus
4th in most sacked
16th in least interceptions
1st in touchdowns
19th in pass yards per attempt
25th in completion percentage

Sorry not much there to support top echleon play that everyone thinks.
Quarterbacks are throwing more and more, and offenses rely on passing game in modern nfl, wilson is getting left in dust

adeltaY

Reaction score
Halea41":31er2qm8 said:
hawknation2017":31er2qm8 said:
#1 in Total TDs (37)
#1 in Passing TDs (34)

Mostly against PREVENT defense in the 4th quarter. Russell Wilson must have the worst 1-3 quarter stats.

Do you have anything that proves his production is against prevent defense?

mrkyle

Reaction score
ducks41468":1uuwf64j said:

even good kickers miss 48 yard field goals, common guys cardinals were a injured beateen team and a third stringer put it on us.

This was a team we shoulda put it on, instead had to rely on shitty kicker

And someone said how blair missed 3 in a game, the fact there were 3 in a game shows the offense inability to put in the endzone, when they needed

mrkyle

Reaction score
adeltaY":12nmphxr said:
Halea41":12nmphxr said:
hawknation2017":12nmphxr said:
#1 in Total TDs (37)
#1 in Passing TDs (34)

Do you have anything that proves his production is against prevent defense?

I agree WIlson pulled a cousins, and pulled alot of numbers on prevent and soft defense, as they were behind and had to come back.

I dont think anyone here would denie, Cousins sucks, but he has put up some numbers in his career.

Wilsons better than cousins, but his game will forever be scramble in a circle, hit some guy for 40 yards on busted coverage, as his go to.
That sandlot stuff is somewhat effective, but a lot of the time its not there