Russell Wilson hangin out with Jarryd Hayne

netskier

Reaction score
Maybe they have been playing catch, and hanging out afterwards. That would be a good sign. I love thinking about this guy and what he might do with us. He could become a very robust receiver. Imagine pairing him with Lynch on the other side of the backfield for a defensive dilemma. So many interesting possibilities.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
NFL should try to recruit from Rugby more often. I'm not sure Hayne will make it, but I bet there'd be some fantastic FBs to be found.

[youtube]yaGECYaRwQU[/youtube]

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Hawks46":1dmdmfu5 said:
HawkNuts":1dmdmfu5 said:
He will be the bomb until he gets rocked and lays the football on the turf.

But I'm excited to see what he can do.

Uh, you do know that rugby is more brutal than football, right ? Look at those highlights someone posted. Dudes are running full into each other, blasting each other, and no pads.

I hate this debate. Can't we say both are physical, and played by tough guys?

But they are very very different sports. Apples and oranges.

Rat

Reaction score
Dang3Russ":d09ia2to said:
Why would you play in Detroit over Seattle???

He's not in a position to be ring-chasing. He should go to the team that he feels he has the best chance of making their roster.

pehawk

Reaction score
People are underestimating the difference going from no pads to pads. It's a huge difference. It's a different level of athleticism.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Football is a way more dangerous sport than rugby. You use your pads as armor, running at an opponent with no regard for your body. I'd love to see the comparison in spinal and brain injuries between football and rugby. You can also easily make the argument that football would be a safer sport without helmets.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
it sounds like he'd get paid somewhere around the minimum, and if he's got the skills of a player worth a draft pick and you don't have to use one to get him, then it would be great to land him.

cdallan

Reaction score
Steve2222":y3gpel1w said:
Football is a way more dangerous sport than rugby. You use your pads as armor, running at an opponent with no regard for your body. I'd love to see the comparison in spinal and brain injuries between football and rugby. You can also easily make the argument that football would be a safer sport without helmets.

Actually, there is something of an epidemic of spinal injuries in rugby, a lot of it to do with the scrum and how dangerous it is when it collapses. I played rugby but won't let my kid play it.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I hope he chooses the Seahawks, we have Jesse Williams since they are both from Australia it could be the key to making him feel even more comfortable here.

Rat

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1v3dpzzm said:
I hope he chooses the Seahawks, we have Jesse Williams since they are both from Australia it could be the key to making him feel even more comfortable here.

That would give Hayne some good insight into how nice the training staff is.

Bullmeister

Reaction score
If the Seahawks snare Hayne then the Seahawks will be more Aussie than most other NFL teams it seems!

But I doubt both Haynes or "Monstar" Williams will ever be on the same team let alone the Seahawks.

This just in:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...futures-contract/story-fnp3ipqj-1227244763719

Unfortunately as much as I want Monstar to make it, I think the Seahawks will soon lose patience waiting for his knee to come good.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3t6p5ss9 said:

You clearly don't watch much Rugby.

SportJoke.JPG

HawkFan72

Reaction score
pehawk":ajlzd7ig said:
People are underestimating the difference going from no pads to pads. It's a huge difference. It's a different level of athleticism.

This is the reason why I don't know why they don't do the combine drills in full pads.

Run a 4.3 40? Good for you.

Run a 4.3 40 in full pads? Now we're talking.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3ko344us said:
pehawk":3ko344us said:

This is the reason why I don't know why they don't do the combine drills in full pads.

Run a 4.3 40? Good for you.

Run a 4.3 40 in full pads? Now we're talking.

IIRC you can't guarantee the player would wear the exact pad combination he would actually wear on the field thus hindering some players and giving others an unfair boost. Making every player do the drill pad-less is the only way to have a level playing field during combine drills.

I do agree with you in theory. It's a big part of what makes a person have "football speed" as a result of their athleticism when wearing pads.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3exe80nv said:
HawkNuts":3exe80nv said:

You clearly don't watch much Rugby.

SportJoke.JPG

And you clearly never played much football.

I played for 14 years I didn't just watch it. It's not a question of toughness, it is a different sport. I have all kinds of respect for Rugby. But you are showing your ignorance.