Russell Wilson leads the NFL in total yards & TDs (UPDATED)

Anthony!

Reaction score
adeltaY":31nr2i5o said:
I mean, RB was pretty stacked in 2012... BTW, the total yard percentage only works in MVP voters' minds if the team is winning. David Johnson had some insane percentage of his team's scrimmage yards last year for a RB, but the team sucked so no one considered him for MVP. I think that if we make the playoffs and Russ finishes with around 32 passing TDs and 10 or fewer picks, he has a great shot!

so DJ had 1239 rushing yards last year which is was only 71% of the teams rushing yards, and only 34% of the total yards, and only 42% of total offensive TDs so he is not even close to the levels Rw is. NO player in the SB era has accounted for over 80% of the offensive yards and over 90% of the offensive TDs

Blaze808

Reaction score
url

Attachments

• so-small.jpg
    so-small.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 2,820

Anthony!

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3nxzqint said:
I hear you Anthony, time for me to be done trying to even stick up for Russ. Go Hawks

Its really pathetic that anyone has to, but you and I both know we do.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Russell Wilson now leads the NFL in both total yards & TDs (UPDATED)

Total Yardage
#1 Russell Wilson - 3,688 total yards (3,256 passing + 432 rushing)
#2 Tom Brady - 3,656 total yards (3,632 passing + 24 rushing)
#3 Kirk Cousins - 3,440 total yards (3,289 passing + 151 rushing)

Total Touchdowns
T-#1 Russell Wilson - 29 TDs (26 passing + 3 rushing)
T-#1 Carson Wentz - 29 TDs (29 passing + 0 rushing)
#3 Tom Brady - 26 TDs (26 passing + 0 rushing)

MVP! MVP! :2thumbs:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I’d love for them to put a FitBit on RW to track how many yards he actually runs during a game.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":er7v03fb said:
adeltaY":er7v03fb said:
By the way, it's amazing how Watson is still tied for 5th. The dude is special

Watson will be the next superstar QB. Got to admit it. We've got to make hay now.

Watson is great, but, Watson has a long freaking way to go, crap load to prove, to be in the same conversation as Russ. Smh

Ozzy

Reaction score
Throw in the fact that Russell has already tied an NFL record for 4th quarter TDS with 4 games remaining. 1st in total yards, 1st in touchdowns, carrying his team's offensive output, playing behind a bad line and no running game. He should be the front runner right now.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Given everything he does for this team, that could easily be 4-8 without him as opposed to 8-4 and still not completely out of a shot for a first-round bye with him.. I don't know how he's not MVP of this league. He's the very definition of that.

Ultimately I don't think he wins, but he should. If he finishes December with some great numbers and most importantly a 11-5/12-4 Seahawks team.. how could you not name him MVP?

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Well, he certainly outplayed Wentz and Brady this last week. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
austinslater25":3kh98sxf said:
Throw in the fact that Russell has already tied an NFL record for 4th quarter TDS with 4 games remaining. 1st in total yards, 1st in touchdowns, carrying his team's offensive output, playing behind a bad line and no running game. He should be the front runner right now.

I think the 4th quarter TD record deserves more attention.

Eli set the season record with 15 in 2011. We all know what the Giants did in 2011.
[urltargetblank]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/back-eli-manning-record-setting-15-fourth-quarter-touchdowns-ny-giants-article-1.1016321[/urltargetblank]

Russell's tied that record in four less games. That's a pretty big deal, imo.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has the most 4th quarter TD passes in NFL history . . . with four games to go.

MVP! MVP!

rossob

Reaction score
DQPeoM1X4AAJPbK
Just found that. It is insane how good Russell is in the 4. Quarter. Surprisingly, however, he plays better in the second than in the third quarter. Maybe because of the 2min hurry up offense that quite often comes into play.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Carroll made an interesting comment today about needing to get Russell engaged early on in the game. That is why they chose to run him on the first play, so that he would be "sweaty from the beginning." It paid off.

* Most total yards and TDs in the NFL
* Most 4th quarter TD passes in NFL history
* Highest percentage of a team's total offense in NFL history (so far)

MVP! MVP!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2l0vo943 said:
Carroll made an interesting comment today about needing to get Russell engaged early on in the game. That is why they chose to run him on the first play, so that he would be "sweaty from the beginning." It paid off.

MVP! MVP!

Pete taking advice from Ciara on how to get Russ sweaty and more engaged early on?

If Pete announces he's pregnant in the offseason we'll know for certain...

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2xuhy0fk said:
hawknation2017":2xuhy0fk said:

MVP! MVP!

Pete taking advice from Ciara on how to get Russ sweaty and more engaged early on?

If Pete announces he's pregnant in the offseason we'll know for certain...

Weird joke. I think of it like a fighter warming up by getting his sweat on before a fight.

In those "fight or flight" moments, Russell plays as well as anyone in the game. Makes sense to try to engage those instincts earlier in the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
LOL Darrell still hasn't figured out we turned his Mic off last night and let Russell call plays the first quarter.

petec.jpg