Russell Wilson looks sharp-spring training baseball workout

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JMR":39w6w55l said:
Does anyone think he's over-extanding himself a little bit? Two rounds of hitting multiple talk-shows, a NASCAR engagment, on the road pimping the Microsoft tablet, Rangers spring training, upcoming passing camp dates at various locations, and I probably even forgot a couple things. Is this too much for one off-season? Is it going to arrive him at OTAs and training camp under prepared? I want the guy to enjoy the fruits of his labor, but I hope it's not coming at the cost of future team success. Last year he was at the VMAC trying to build his game and taking WRs down to California for extra work. This year he's dabbling in this & that and acting a bit more like a celebrity. I don't know if I'm concerned yet, but it's crossed my mind.

It's March, who cares?

Smellyman

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":38qv2wb8 said:
Don't see how interviews, press conferences, and one day of spring ball is going to exhaust the kid.

He wants to be an owner, and work thousand hour works weeks. Outside of football, Wilson loves the kind of stuff he's been doing with his time off.

I know right? Must be exhausting traveling around and doing whatever you want.

I always tell my boss don't give me time off! I need to focus on work.

Escamillo

Reaction score
Largent80":1n8jco6z said:
Yesterday on Facebook he was saying that since he spent ALL of his time watching game film all year he had not seen ANY of the movies nominated for and Oscar and asked which one we thought would win.

HA, I only saw Gravity, myself.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is a Super Star ............ because of who he is.

A speaker in great demand because of his message.

"For me, my goal is to be great -- to be the best that’s ever played the game -- and to do that I have to have my mind on the right things, and I have to make sure that I work harder than everybody else," Wilson said. "That’s why I always say there’s no time to sleep. I try to get up. It’s a competition for me. I try to make sure that I get up earlier than Tom Brady and Drew Brees -- and they’re on the East Coast." - Russell

I hear that ............ I'm In ............ everyday is an agenda. I'm up at 4:00 am every morning 365 days a year. - Jville :th2thumbs:

Wilson was not seeking out the star players or the big names he's seen on television. His first lengthy interaction at the ballpark on Monday was with two players who, frankly, are extreme long shots to make this roster. But for those two young players, it was 10 minutes of knowledge they admit they'll apply to what they're doing in preparing for workouts and games.
83613cb54cd8fdcd0601984bf85a6fa2.jpeg

READ: "Was the Russell Wilson visit worth it?" >>> [urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4909084/was-the-russell-wilson-visit-worth-it[/urltargetblank]

1393709383000 3 1 14 kahne wilson
Heads up to all 12s ........... world wide: We are all going to have to learn how to share Russell Wilson.
His message and the example he sets are boundless.

drdiags

Reaction score
Another thing to consider about the offseason Wilson is having right now is that last year, his season ended 3 weeks before the last game. He spent Superbowl weekend doing the same type of interviews he is doing now. NFLN's Evans was saying how Brady was already throwing before the host pointed out that Brady had been away from football much longer than Wilson this year, since he lost in the AFCCG.

It is all relative. Seahawks fans have never experienced their team's players playing 2-3 weeks longer than most teams. It has now been a month since the Superbowl, so I see some of the team's players starting to talk about workouts. Only ET was working out a few days after the parade, or at least tweeting about it.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Anyone know if he will be back in Hermosa beach this spring? If so I am going to be lurking around the beach with my longboard and fishing rod.

Laloosh

Reaction score
He's just looking for ways to supplement his income since he's going to agree to a team friendly deal next year so we can keep this party going!

byau

Reaction score
Check out the Seattle Times article if you haven't. That boy's good a great head on his shoulders and he addresses the whole thing about not over extending himself

Don’t fret that Wilson will be giving up football anytime soon, however. He only took ground balls and threw the baseball. He didn’t hit, and he sat in the dugout and watched the Rangers’ Cactus League game against Cleveland. Wilson had promised the Seahawks he would “be smart” and not overextend himself. He and the Rangers kept it simple.

Wilson has had conversations with NFL Hall of Famer Deion Sanders, who played 641 career big-league games as a center fielder, about being a two-sport star. Sanders encourages Wilson. But Wilson shakes his head and says, “I’ve got to watch film a little bit more than Deion did.”

Ultimately, Wilson is too great and too motivated a quarterback to do more than flirt with the notion. He has too much at stake. He figures to sign a $100 million NFL contract after next season, and he wants to leave his mark on the game of football.

“Yeah, I won a Super Bowl and all that, but that’s not enough for me,” Wilson said. “My goal is to be one of the best quarterbacks ever to play the game, if not the best.”

http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewe ... prmid=4748