Wilson to Attend Texas Rangers Spring Training

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
chrispy":1opsh5vd said:
This seems like a smart move: maximize exposure in other regions, open up another revenue stream (MLB), increase demand for him as a celebrity speaker.... I'm sure he's looking at it as a learning opportunity too- How do the Rangers prepare, collect data, scout opponents... It's also not too big a stretch that someday he may be a coach, a TV analyst.

... and as previously suggested, it's a lot easier to get to 270 electoral votes with Texas' 38.

I Really hope Russell is never a TV analyst. Love the guy but he is boring to listen to.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35obr2xi said:
DavidSeven":35obr2xi said:
Building his brand. Good for him. Shame on the Ms for not having the foresight to do something like this.
Are you shocked? This IS the Mariners we are talking about it.

The Mariners couldn't do this unless they wanted to waste a Rule 5 draft pick on him, knowing he will never see the field.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":3rvritt9 said:
Sports Hernia":3rvritt9 said:
DavidSeven":3rvritt9 said:
Building his brand. Good for him. Shame on the Ms for not having the foresight to do something like this.

The Mariners couldn't do this unless they wanted to waste a Rule 5 draft pick on him, knowing he will never see the field.

They waste all of their other draft picks, why not waste a Rule 5 pick?

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3byt66py said:
Seahawks1983":3byt66py said:
Sports Hernia":3byt66py said:
DavidSeven":3byt66py said:

They waste all of their other draft picks, why not waste a Rule 5 pick?

While that is true, I don't think they waste them intentionally. They truly believe they are drafting well, they just suck at it.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Its my little girl's bday (6yrs) on the 3rd. We live in the Phoenix area and when I told her RW will be here, she now wants to cancel her Bday party and drive over there. I would do it if I could figure out a way to at least let her get a fast pic with him or something. I dont want to drive over there and spend all day to find out I cant even get close. That would break her heart

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
tonyseahawk":2gee795c said:
Its my little girl's bday (6yrs) on the 3rd. We live in the Phoenix area and when I told her RW will be here, she now wants to cancel her Bday party and drive over there. I would do it if I could figure out a way to at least let her get a fast pic with him or something. I dont want to drive over there and spend all day to find out I cant even get close. That would break her heart

Do a trial run w/out her.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I don't really care that is Texas, Pittsburgh or whatever. The angle on this will be what happens if he is injured participating in Spring Training.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,046

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
I'm sure Wilson is gunning for a World Series title now that he's already mastered that football thing.

seadoc

Reaction score
tonyseahawk":25p89hnr said:

I'd 2nd the idea of driving over once w/o her to check it out. I went to ST once in 2004, but I believe it was the same complex. Access seems much better at hawks training camp. We tried to get autographs at a practice, but there was a legit 10' fence the whole way around so they signed balls through the fence (as in: "hold up your ball to the fence and I'll sign it through the little opening"). You get close to em, sure, but it might be a disappointment.

Rocket

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":1vza99su said:
http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/10491892/seattle-seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-attend-texas-rangers-spring-training

Tried to get a Wilson 3 personalized Rangers jersey, but the MLB website wouldn't allow it. :roll:

Try DANGERUSS instead of WILSON.

kf3339

Reaction score
I'm more interested in knowing how his non throwing shoulder is healing. Is it something that will heal on it's own? Does he need additional physical therapy? Is it bad enough that he may need surgery to repair?

I don't hear anything about these issues which are far more important than him being at baseball training camp. Even if it is just for motivational talks.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2dy3rvxo said:
Missing_Clink":2dy3rvxo said:
DavidSeven":2dy3rvxo said:

I think it would have looked pretty pathetic and desperate if the Ms did it.

There's a way for them to look more pathetic and desperate?
lol...true...

they are pathetic and desperate. I can't watch that sport anymore....too boring.

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
kf3339":3ga7n4e2 said:
I'm more interested in knowing how his non throwing shoulder is healing. Is it something that will heal on it's own? Does he need additional physical therapy? Is it bad enough that he may need surgery to repair?

I don't hear anything about these issues which are far more important than him being at baseball training camp. Even if it is just for motivational talks.

He is currently doing PT to rehab his left shoulder.