Russell Wilson stats by quarter

tersal

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2rx8egfv said:
How do people defend russ to the end ... he is the reason our team is infighting. He chooses to play sandlot ball instead of dropping back like regular qbs... yes he led the league in tds, did that get us to the playoffs ? Was our offense elite ??? Everyone blames the line the coaches etc . It is Russell Wilson period. Great quarterbacks manipulate the pass rush by getting the ball out quickly. Russ does not. I love russ as much as y’all but he is the quarterback on a offense that is holding this team back
THE SEAHAWKS RUNNING BACKS AVERAGED 3.3 YDS A CARRY AS FOR SCRAMBLING SINCE ENTERING THE LEAGUE NO QB HAS BEEN PRESSURED IN UNDER 2 SECONDS MORE THAT RUSSELL WILSON. EITHER SCRAMBLE OR TAKE THE SACK. THAT IS HOW WE DEFEND RUSS. LOOOK AT THE ALL 22 FILM.

ivotuk

Reaction score
So the lack of defense had no bearing on our win - loss stats?

The defense giving up 30, 40, 50 yard and longer running plays? While we had no running game? Opposing defenses KNEW Russell HAD to throw. So they could pin their ears back and rush the passer.

And we played against some elite teams.

Yet we were still in the playoff hunt, because of RW.

Seymour

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3u4hwx3u said:
Seymour":3u4hwx3u said:
IndyHawk":3u4hwx3u said:
Scorpion05":3u4hwx3u said:
Name one Qb in the postseason with a bad kicker, no running game, and a porous O-line. Let’s have a FACT based discussion and not typical anti-player BS
I'm not anti-player.
I just expect more out of a star QB than I am seeing.
Carolina has no running game and their line is pretty bad btw.
A lot of teams have no line and running game (you can do that work)
As for kickers we have a lousy one but you shouldn't rely on a kicker who's mentally screwed.
Get the ball closer to RZ or score more in the first half,it makes thing easier all around.

What do you think of Andrew Luck and his contributions to his team winning?

Where do you think Russell stands in his class of 2012 (rated one of the best QB draft classes of all time?)
No doubt RW is the star of that draft.
Luck?I think he is washed up already.
Cousins?What a bandit..Luckiest QB to be playing and getting paid for so little.

OK. So my point is this, as long as Wilson is not supported with an average line and some semblance of a running game other than himself, we should expect him to play well under his potential.

Another 2 years of this, and you will see David Carr for 4 quarters instead of 2.

JimmyG

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3ftlomzb said:
#2 career QB rating in NFL history.
Tomo Romo is #4 all-time. Kirk Cousins is #10 all-time. Matt Ryan is #12 all-time. Passer rating is a fine metric, but looking at career rank is disingenuous. We're playing in the most explosive offensive era in NFL history. Of course his offensive output is going to compare favorably to guys who played 10, 20, or 30 years ago.

Wilson ranked 10th this year in passer rating, and he dropped to 15th in Y/A.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Firing a franchise QB that’s putting up HoF numbers, or blaming him for the offensive woes is the football equivalent of firing the top car salesman at ford because Ford had to recall a million cars. It just makes no sense.

adeltaY

Reaction score
JimmyG":3o52c142 said:
hawknation2017":3o52c142 said:
Tomo Romo is #4 all-time. Kirk Cousins is #10 all-time. Matt Ryan is #12 all-time. Passer rating is a fine metric, but looking at career rank is disingenuous. We're playing in the most explosive offensive era in NFL history. Of course his offensive output is going to compare favorably to guys who played 10, 20, or 30 years ago.

Romo was an elite passer, but his teams were crap and when they got good, he started getting hurt. Cousins and Ryan are good to great passers as well. I agree with you about this year though. Very inefficient year for Russ and not all his fault. Also the guys at the top like Brady and Rodgers are widely considered to be the best. Not a terrible stat, but not the best either.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
adeltaY":2rcjd4pp said:
JimmyG":2rcjd4pp said:
hawknation2017":2rcjd4pp said:

Romo was an elite passer, but his teams were crap and when they got good, he started getting hurt. Cousins and Ryan are good to great passers as well. I agree with you about this year though. Very inefficient year for Russ and not all his fault. Also the guys at the top like Brady and Rodgers are widely considered to be the best. Not a terrible stat, but not the best either.

Other than looking individually at TDs, INTs, and yards, I don't think there is a better pure stat than QB rating in terms of measuring QB performance. ESPN's B.S. QBR metric is certainly garbage, which they keep trying to force feed down our gullets.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
@ the OP aka Niner troll aka Livinginhawktown.

Jed York doesn’t own the Niners, Russell Wilson does! :lol:

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":16ykxf4m said:
@ the OP aka Niner troll aka Livinginhawktown.

Jed York doesn’t own the Niners, Russell Wilson does! :lol:

:2thumbs: