Russell Wilson to stay in Seattle per Jarrett Payton!

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3s4sp5ur said:
GaiusMarius":3s4sp5ur said:
I do not see an unhappy Wilson in Seattle winning a Super Bowl and that is my singular goal each and every season.

Do you see the Seahawks winning a Super Bowl with a happy Wilson? Russ isnt the problem.

Yes I do.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":287b34ed said:
pittpnthrs":287b34ed said:
GaiusMarius":287b34ed said:
I do not see an unhappy Wilson in Seattle winning a Super Bowl and that is my singular goal each and every season.

Do you see the Seahawks winning a Super Bowl with a happy Wilson? Russ isnt the problem.

Yes I do.

I feel sorry for you then because that ship has sailed. Seattle will never sniff another Super Bowl as long as Pete Carroll is the coach.

NJlargent

Reaction score
He can’t coach on Sundays. He can’t draft. And the team comes out flat in the big games and almost always plays from behind because the other team is more ready.

I remember the talk in 2019 about how much cap space we had. We spent it on bums.

Carroll has to go. Been long overdue.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1wjk1ryf said:
GaiusMarius":1wjk1ryf said:
pittpnthrs":1wjk1ryf said:
GaiusMarius":1wjk1ryf said:

Yes I do.

I feel sorry for you then because that ship has sailed. Seattle will never sniff another Super Bowl as long as Pete Carroll is the coach.

Save your pity. Your hypothetical was asking if we could win a Super Bowl if Wilson were happy. Nowhere did that speak to probability or if that is still possible. I presumed you understood what Wilson being "happy" would entail, but it appears I was incorrect.

A happy Russell Wilson on the Seahawks calls the offense. The team lives/dies by Wilson. Carroll has little to no say in the offense and Wilson has veto power over the plays. This is not unlike other elite QB's in the league. Indeed, you could argue that for the $$$ he makes Wilson has an incredibly tight leash.

A happy Russell Wilson means a muzzled Carroll (at least on the offense). From your post that would make you happy too.

whidbeast

Reaction score
Why would the Hawks trade Russ for what they didn't want? How is this news

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":109zz0lj said:
pittpnthrs":109zz0lj said:
GaiusMarius":109zz0lj said:
pittpnthrs":109zz0lj said:

Yes I do.

Save your pity. Your hypothetical was asking if we could win a Super Bowl if Wilson were happy. Nowhere did that speak to probability or if that is still possible. I presumed you understood what Wilson being "happy" would entail, but it appears I was incorrect.

A happy Russell Wilson on the Seahawks calls the offense. The team lives/dies by Wilson. Carroll has little to no say in the offense and Wilson has veto power over the plays. This is not unlike other elite QB's in the league. Indeed, you could argue that for the $$$ he makes Wilson has an incredibly tight leash.

A happy Russell Wilson means a muzzled Carroll (at least on the offense). From your post that would make you happy too.

I like your optimism. Unfortunately, pretty much everything you keep saying is wrong. I asked if you thought Seattle would win another Super Bowl if Wilson was happy and you said yes. That means you feel its probable. No need to sidestep now that you've said it.

In no lifetime is or has Russell Wilson called the offense during his tenure in Seattle (I actually think he did for a time when the mics quit working during a game last season but that was an anomaly). He waits to receive the calls from the OC or Pete. You should realize this by the way the time clock is always on 1 when they get to the line and snap it every season. Carroll will always interfere with the offense no matter what (Pete Ball), thats why it doesnt matter who the OC is because its not going to matter. Pete will neuter any offense. Thats just what he does.

A muzzled Carroll is what fans have been asking for for years. Russ used to be happy and that never muzzled Pete, why do you think it would now?

rcaido

Reaction score
if you get hot at the right time any team can win...look at the bucs, they were just ok. Seahawks been able to get to the playoffs almost every year. Wilson has a chance to win it.