Russell Wilson's Greatest Strength?

Mojambo

Reaction score
Starts with work ethic. Nobody ever gets better at anything unles they want to work.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Russell Wilson's greatest strength is having the ability to know and avoid his weaknesses.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Probably not his "greatest strength" but my favorite Russell thing is his ability to get any throw off while on the run, regardless of the angle or how fast the defenders are coming at him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Really hard to break it all down to any one thing.
As I see it, it's a culmination of preparation, mental, AND physical conditioning, speed reading, and instantaneous reaction to plays that sometimes don't go as designed.
I think that's why I think that the "Remarkable Russell Wilson" is in the discussion when people are talking about "Elite Quarterbacks"
He doesn't put up the gaudy numbers that a lot of the greats are touted for, but then again, he isn't asked to, and he plays within the parameters that asked of him, takes care of the ball, and that is why in just two Years, he led the Seahawks to a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

mikeak

Reaction score
Knowing himself combined with humility

He doesn't start a fight with coaches or teammates because he isn't featured more

He doesn't go off with the press because they call him game manager

He doesn't care (or at least doesn't show that he cares). He knows who he is and what he is capable. He is on path to accomplish what he wants to accomplish and once he has accomplished it all (4 super bowl rings) then all the critics will be quiet. He is happy and fine with letting the long term results speak for him.

He is so different from most other stars in this league. It is never about him it is about the team - and it all stems from knowing himself

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think this is an impossible question. Wilson has a bunch of qualities that contribute to his awesomeness.

- innate athletic ability
- confidence
- work ethic
- intelligence
- demeanor
- football IQ
- ability to focus

If I had to pick just one, it'd be work ethic. You can have all the athletic ability and intelligence in the world, but if you're not willing to put in the time to get better, then it's wasted.