Russell Wilson's perfect backup. Cheap and local

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Chawks1":2uti0r5a said:
I'm an EWU grad and live here in Spokane. I have seen a lot of his games and he is nowhere near good enough to backup RW. He plays against much inferior pass D in the Big Sky. We have had outstanding WRs during his time (Kupp and Kaufman). He is a heck of a talent. But struggles reading D's when challeneged. The offense they run with him runs up the stats pretty good. I love him playing for EWU. But he has a way to go to make it in the NFL.

BTW Vern attended RW passing camp here a coule years ago. They became pretty close. Adams changed his jersey # from #16 to #3 right after it. I'd be for him playing on the PS for a couple years to see how he develops.

EWU grad and Spokane resident here, and I pretty much agree. Kid has a ton of talent but he is still pretty raw by NFL standards. With another year of eligibility and with Beau Baldwin likely coming back as his coach I think he stays (you Duck fans are damn funny though!).

If the Seahawks really want an EWU QB as a backup they should go snag Bo Levi Mitchell from the Stampeders. He's more NFL ready, got a Grey Cup victory under his belt, and is a BALLER.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3769e2cs said:
Chawks1":3769e2cs said:
I'm an EWU grad and live here in Spokane. I have seen a lot of his games and he is nowhere near good enough to backup RW. He plays against much inferior pass D in the Big Sky. We have had outstanding WRs during his time (Kupp and Kaufman). He is a heck of a talent. But struggles reading D's when challeneged. The offense they run with him runs up the stats pretty good. I love him playing for EWU. But he has a way to go to make it in the NFL.

BTW Vern attended RW passing camp here a coule years ago. They became pretty close. Adams changed his jersey # from #16 to #3 right after it. I'd be for him playing on the PS for a couple years to see how he develops.

EWU grad and Spokane resident here, and I pretty much agree. Kid has a ton of talent but he is still pretty raw by NFL standards. With another year of eligibility and with Beau Baldwin likely coming back as his coach I think he stays (you Duck fans are damn funny though!).

If the Seahawks really want an EWU QB as a backup they should go snag Bo Levi Mitchell from the Stampeders. He's more NFL ready, got a Grey Cup victory under his belt, and is a BALLER.

:snack:

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":36ldkrmz said:
Chawks1":36ldkrmz said:

He is visiting Oregon this weekend and has been given the release to transfer by EWU. Pretty exciting news for Ducks fans as next years squad is absolutely loaded other then the question of who will play QB. Give me Adams for a year, giving the talented youngsters another year to develop, and I really don't see much drop off for the Ducks.

Ironically, if he does become a Duck, which it sounds like he will, his first game will be against.... EWU.

Sources have confirmed with us, among various reports Adams will in fact visit Oregon this weekend.

What hasn't been reported is Adams does in fact have his transfer release making this visit a possibility.

Oregon was open to a transfer from Adams or Braxton Miller if either decided to make the move. While Miller remains in Columbus, Oregon appears to have found its man in Adams.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Board/45/Co ... n-35142989

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2rws45vb said:
Trenchbroom":2rws45vb said:
Chawks1":2rws45vb said:

He is visiting Oregon this weekend and has been given the release to transfer by EWU. Pretty exciting news for Ducks fans as next years squad is absolutely loaded other then the question of who will play QB. Give me Adams for a year, giving the talented youngsters another year to develop, and I really don't see much drop off for the Ducks.

Ironically, if he does become a Duck, which it sounds like he will, his first game will be against.... EWU.

Sources have confirmed with us, among various reports Adams will in fact visit Oregon this weekend.

What hasn't been reported is Adams does in fact have his transfer release making this visit a possibility.

Oregon was open to a transfer from Adams or Braxton Miller if either decided to make the move. While Miller remains in Columbus, Oregon appears to have found its man in Adams.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Board/45/Co ... n-35142989
I stand corrected. :-(

kearly

Reaction score
They are saying on Portland radio (1080 the Fan) that Oregon has offered Adams a scholarship.

nooooooooooo__span.jpg

Actually, I am very happy for Adams. Guy has NFL talent, IMO. Just doesn't have the size or durability. He's like a better version of Keith Price. Wanted him very badly for UW.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":1ujmco3i said:
They are saying on Portland radio (1080 the Fan) that Oregon has offered Adams a scholarship.

Actually, I am very happy for Adams. Guy has NFL talent, IMO. Just doesn't have the size or durability. He's like a better version of Keith Price. Wanted him very badly for UW.

Article with some quotes from VA right here. I think the only thing that might squash this is that he doesnt graduate from EWU until June so he wouldn't be able to be in Eugene for Spring Ball. So he'd just be stepping in in the fall to learn the offense and win the job (which i believe he can do, but will be more difficult).

http://m.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jan ... -transfer/

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I will be happy for Vernon if he takes the scholarship (and I have no doubts that he will)--the pragmatist in me understands it's best for him. Still as a fan it feels like the rich robbing the poor though.