Russell Wilson's Top 10 Plays

TwilightError

Reaction score
Anthony!":1gfp46yj said:
TwilightError":1gfp46yj said:
Quite a lot of those went to Kearse. His stronghold seems to be getting open on broken plays, which means he might be more valuable for this team than his numbers suggest.

Now that the team has made an investment on QB, it has to invest in protecting him as well. This means less cap space for skill players and more for O-line. Wilson has to be able to lift whatever talent he is provided with.

you mean like he has been for 4 years LOL

Sure. But that needs to be a bigger and more conscious emphasis. An expensive QB has to be able to work with lesser talent on skill positions if he gets properly protected. I think that is a requirement in a salary cap league. I don't mean to say Wilson hasn't done just that already. He can elevate players around him and should be trusted to do just that in the future too, so the big investments in offense should now be made to protect the man, not to surround him with expensive skill players. Can't have everything on a salary cap league.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwilightError":t0p7tbls said:
Anthony!":t0p7tbls said:
TwilightError":t0p7tbls said:
Quite a lot of those went to Kearse. His stronghold seems to be getting open on broken plays, which means he might be more valuable for this team than his numbers suggest.

Now that the team has made an investment on QB, it has to invest in protecting him as well. This means less cap space for skill players and more for O-line. Wilson has to be able to lift whatever talent he is provided with.

Sure. But that needs to be a bigger and more conscious emphasis. An expensive QB has to be able to work with lesser talent on skill positions if he gets properly protected. I think that is a requirement in a salary cap league. I don't mean to say Wilson hasn't done just that already. He can elevate players around him and should be trusted to do just that in the future too, so the big investments in offense should now be made to protect the man, not to surround him with expensive skill players. Can't have everything on a salary cap league.

ahh got it. makes sense, sorry it was just confusing the way you originally worded it

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":16iveelt said:
Watch Britt on all those plays - good lord he is awful.

Although he looked bad on 2 and 3 and had to recover on one other play after a double team on a defender for the Rams fails, I didn't see a whole lot of breakdowns in his blocking on the other plays that affected Russell. I'm definitely no expert on O-line play, though, so I might not be seeing the right things.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Anthony!":kwvpvhxe said:
TwilightError":kwvpvhxe said:
Anthony!":kwvpvhxe said:
TwilightError":kwvpvhxe said:

ahh got it. makes sense, sorry it was just confusing the way you originally worded it

Well English is not my first language, so that probably explains it :) No worries.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ecexd5u said:
No other QB is going to have a top ten list that features both turning chicken shit into chicken salad on damn near every one of the top 10 plays of his year.

I also thought both 8 and 7 were so clearly Russ the baseball player type passes. At least 2 or three times a game his baseball past shows up in a pass.

I think this is an EXTREMELY underrated part of his game. And it's puzzling, because people build up other player positions such as tight ends all the time referring to their duality "his basketball past really helps him."

Having a baseball past definitely helps him slide without injury, and it helps his awareness on the field, not to mention his ability to throw from odd angles.

Latest posts