RW not the same since he got together with Ciara

Rainger

Reaction score
I know I am going to get trolled and attacked for this but as a person who had a man crush on RW since the day we drafted him, I have seen a marked decrease in his commitment, decision making, and dedication to the team since he hooked up with Ciara.

Again this is only my opinion but I think he has been more concerned on how he looks on social media, how he can prove he is "black enough", how he can market himself with the pretty people of Hollywood and and the media than the driven kid that came to the team and nothing mattered other than team and winning.

Over the last 3 years maybe 4 he has failed to get rid of the ball to short routes or a player with a small window. His instinct to roll out backwards left or tight has been figured out by the other teams. He ignores his 3rd or 4th read who are open and he is gun shy to step up into the pocket. Oh I know it is the OC's fault, it is the OL fault, for all his sacks and hits. However I have watched every game and RW has changed since Ciara and the jet set.

I still love him for all he did for the franchise. I wish him all the best, but he was no longer the player IMO that he once was in his driven competitive attitude. He still talked the talk as always, but Ciara IMO has hurt him like Samson and Delila and like Megan Markle has done to Prince Harry.

I have no doubts we are in for a tough road for a couple of years without the best QB we have ever had, but I hope the team uses this to make the huge improvements like they did in 2012. Find a new Josh Allen or Herbert type QB and we can still remember the good years of RW and the glory days.

But I think Ciara has been a big part of the change in RW and it isn't all Pete, John, the OL, the OC etc etc etc.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This is sexist bull$hit.

Russ is a grown ass man. Treat him like one. Expect him to be accountable like one should be.

Gawwwwwwd, it's so tired. The wicked Medea-like woman in the background polluting the virtuous man. Give me a break.

Chapow

Reaction score
nanomoz":3nujhz48 said:
This is sexist bull$hit.

Russ is a grown ass man. Treat him like one. Expect him to be accountable like one should be.

Gawwwwwwd, it's so tired. The wicked Medea-like woman in the background polluting the virtuous man. Give me a break.

OP has been watching to much "Real Housewives of Wherever".

At least we won't have to see this stupid shit anymore.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
nanomoz":j1vdd70b said:
This is sexist bull$hit.

Oh I am soooo sorry , you are right, no man OR woman has ever changed because of who they ended up partnering with.

Only you have made it sexist, I was referring to two people who are together where one has changed after meeting the other. You attacked me, without offering anything regarding if Russ is the same player?

But your response is an example of the classic cancel culture we are enduring today, when you attack someone's opinion just because it does not fit your world view. (1984)

Your response is why I left posting on this forum years ago and why I will leave again. No one is allowed an opinion that is contrary to the new social media, social re-engineering, big techs new social control of thought and opinion.

I know, I have heard it before I am sexist, racist, homophobic, etc etc etc, when I merely have an opinion that is not part of the new worlds totalitarian cancel culture.

Over and out!!

Fade

Reaction score
Down Under Hawk":1w210x0d said:
I know I am going to get trolled and attacked for this but as a person who had a man crush on RW since the day we drafted him, I have seen a marked decrease in his commitment, decision making, and dedication to the team since he hooked up with Ciara.

Again this is only my opinion but I think he has been more concerned on how he looks on social media, how he can prove he is "black enough", how he can market himself with the pretty people of Hollywood and and the media than the driven kid that came to the team and nothing mattered other than team and winning.

Over the last 3 years maybe 4 he has failed to get rid of the ball to short routes or a player with a small window. His instinct to roll out backwards left or tight has been figured out by the other teams. He ignores his 3rd or 4th read who are open and he is gun shy to step up into the pocket. Oh I know it is the OC's fault, it is the OL fault, for all his sacks and hits. However I have watched every game and RW has changed since Ciara and the jet set.

I still love him for all he did for the franchise. I wish him all the best, but he was no longer the player IMO that he once was in his driven competitive attitude. He still talked the talk as always, but Ciara IMO has hurt him like Samson and Delila and like Megan Markle has done to Prince Harry.

I have no doubts we are in for a tough road for a couple of years without the best QB we have ever had, but I hope the team uses this to make the huge improvements like they did in 2012. Find a new Josh Allen or Herbert type QB and we can still remember the good years of RW and the glory days.

But I think Ciara has been a big part of the change in RW and it isn't all Pete, John, the OL, the OC etc etc etc.

Yes, it is Ciara's fault they drafted Germain Ifedi, Malik McDowell, Rashaad Penny, LJ Collier, a Linebacker, and a brittle WR, with their first selections in the last 6 drafts. :shock:

It's Ciara's fault that they sold the farm for Jamal Adams. :shock:

It's Ciara's fault they kept Ken Norton employed as an NFL DC for 4 seasons. :shock:

It's Ciara's fault that they blew $58M on JAGs in 2020, after Wilson said they needed more stars.

It's Ciara's fault that they had another $50M+ to spend this off-season, and will likely come away with no impact players once again.

This is the problem with the organization. No accountable at the top. Just crazy conspiracy's to how it actually isn't Pete's fault why the Seahawks are a mess. As he fritters away another off-season, but this time it is far worse. The guy masking how bad it's actually gotten is no longer their to bail his ass out.

The question is, who are these people going to blame, now that Wilson and Ciara are gone? The strength coach? The cafeteria lady at the VMAC? The Janitor? Anyone, but Pete, who is head of football operations, of course. :pukeface:

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Fade":3vdps9vl said:
Down Under Hawk":3vdps9vl said:

Yes, it is Ciara's fault they drafted Germain Ifedi, Malik McDowell, Rashaad Penny, LJ Collier, a Linebacker, and a brittle WR, with their first selections in the last 6 drafts. :shock:

It's Ciara's fault that they sold the farm for Jamal Adams. :shock:

It's Ciara's fault they kept Ken Norton employed as an NFL DC for 4 seasons. :shock:

It's Ciara's fault that they blew $58M on JAGs in 2020, after Wilson said they needed more stars.

It's Ciara's fault that they had another $50M+ to spend this off-season, and will likely come away with no impact players once again.

This is the problem with the organization. No accountable at the top. Just crazy conspiracy's to how it actually isn't Pete's fault why the Seahawks are a mess. As he fritters away another off-season, but this time it is far worse. The guy masking how bad it's actually gotten is no longer their to bail his ass out.

The question is, who are these people going to blame, now that Wilson and Ciara are gone? The strength coach? The cafeteria lady at the VMAC? The Janitor? Anyone, but Pete, who is head of football operations, of course. :pukeface:

Good opinion, way better than Nanomoz who only wanted to make my opinion about social cancel culture. Some great points that I agree with, but even my Aussie wife who has only watched NFL for 4 seasons has seen a change in RW over that last 3.

It isn't all the teams fault and RW is not a saint, as I said in my post I have a man crush and will always cherish his contribution and the great years, but time to move on!

I believe he lost his mojo with more concern for his off field activities than the on field ones, maybe the change will snap him out of his Hollywood view.

Chapow

Reaction score
Down Under Hawk":80972bz0 said:
But your response is an example of the classic cancel culture we are enduring today, when you attack someone's opinion just because it does not fit your world view. (1984)

Your response is why I left posting on this forum years ago and why I will leave again. No one is allowed an opinion that is contrary to the new social media, social re-engineering, big techs new social control of thought and opinion.

Incorrect. You are absolutely allowed to have whatever opinion you want. However, when you choose to post your opinion on social media and internet forums, other people are allowed to comment on your opinion. Sometimes people are going to disagree with your opinion. Sometimes they might even be rude, condescending, or downright mean. If you're too sensitive to handle that, then maybe social media and internet forums aren't for you.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Chapow":1vwknxi0 said:
Down Under Hawk":1vwknxi0 said:

Incorrect. You are absolutely allowed to have whatever opinion you want. However, when you choose to post your opinion on social media and internet forums, other people are allowed to comment on your opinion. Sometimes people are going to disagree with your opinion. Sometimes they might even be rude, condescending, or downright mean. If you're too sensitive to handle that, then maybe social media and internet forums aren't for you.

You know what? You are right! (Not sensitive, logical.) But it is a very sad statement about where the culture of the world has moved too in the last 15 years. Social media, beg tech, mainstream media, schooling (indoctrination systems) are an evil destroying civility (no I am not religious) just watching a sad decline in this world.

Ending this, then signing out, I believe unfortunately RW is not the same player who came to the Hawks with a winning spirit and a selflessness since he ended up with Ciara and Hollywood!

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Hawknight":jwz1dikh said:
Always a Seahawks fan..no matter who is at the helm. Always have been...Always will be...Seahawks faithful here!!! I have always loved Russ, but I won't miss all the glam pics that I've been seeing with him and his wife. I could care less about what he did with his life on the side, but it seemed to me personally he was a bit less focused than when he first signed, or at least that was my perception of him lately. It's not meant to be a judgement per say, but it did seem all this fame changed him in some shape or form. I guess it happens to the best of them. Sorry, I guess I"m still in shock of losing my favorite QB....is there a Seahawk fan counselor in the house?:

Hmmm seems others have similar views to my post but didnt want to post a positive reply, might get attacked.

I love Russ I just wish he could have stayed more dedicated to winning Seahawk football and not the Hollywood side of his life.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3ak2otgy said:
Been a fan since 1976.
I don't care what he and Ciara do from now on.
Kinda tired of seeing them EVERY day in media post after media post anyway.
No, I don't want your perfume. No, I don't want you RW3 branded gear.

Totally agree also since 1976. Yes also I was a Raiders fan in the 60s before the Hawks so I cant ever want the Broncos to win. So to Pmedics Post I hope Broncos never make the playoffs.

Seahawk fan not a specific player fan. Team first players second. I met Bobby Wagner in Victoria was a real class act. RW was great but Hollywood got into his head.

Hyak

Reaction score
The issues with Russ and the Seahawks were complex and neither side was completely right or completely wrong. The team made PLENTY of personnel mistakes in his prime years and there's no question the team was far too conservative at times offensively - especially after the defense regressed from the LOB dominant days.

That being said, Wilson certainly did shift his personality in recent years and was all about his brand and legacy. He still was a great teammate from most accounts, hard worker, leader, etc. but the "me" element of his interactions publicly were at times over bearing. As for it being Ciara, IDK. I think Mark Rodgers was arguably more toxic in constantly telling RW he was the greatest and that the lack of playoff success was all Pete, John, the other players.....

All of this said, the Seahawks would have made this work still IF Wilson was truly playing at an elite level. For the last year and a half, he was not. His stats actually make him look as if he played better overall than he did. He was pretty consistently leaving a lot of yards/TD's on the field. The explosive hero plays skewed the YPA, Passer Rating but the play to play success rate was not what you'd expect from a HOF level player. No way could the team justify paying 36 year old Russ 50 M per year based on the most recent periods of play, not to mention having to deal with the constant drama/noise of his legacy........

Of course, the real issue now for the Hawks is that they are in the QB abyss. That means hoping guys like Lock or a draft pick somehow pan out instead of being a Geno Smith, Tavaris Jackson, or Clipboard Jesus. Odds are the team fails to fix the position and JS/PC are fired in a year or two.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I’ll be on OP’s side.

It’s not just about Ciara or Wilson, it can be true for every person not just athletes, when you’re young with a chip on your shoulder you’re a lot hungrier, a lot more dialed in into the process.

But as you gain more and more through life and experience like money, status, family etc that mindset does change, your passion for some things change. And I’ve notice as athletes especially ones with high status get older, wiser, smarter to the league they are more willing to take, then give, it’s just the natural process it seems. Kaepernick’s doc show hits on this a few ways, owners don’t see people they see dollar signs. And players learn to grow beyond their love of game, their passion, their heart and eventually know the deal, get yours while you can get yours, and enjoy life or care about life not just football.

toffee

Reaction score
JTB":1p53uwan said:
The issues with Russ and the Seahawks were complex and neither side was completely right or completely wrong. The team made PLENTY of personnel mistakes in his prime years and there's no question the team was far too conservative at times offensively - especially after the defense regressed from the LOB dominant days.

That being said, Wilson certainly did shift his personality in recent years and was all about his brand and legacy. He still was a great teammate from most accounts, hard worker, leader, etc. but the "me" element of his interactions publicly were at times over bearing. As for it being Ciara, IDK. I think Mark Rodgers was arguably more toxic in constantly telling RW he was the greatest and that the lack of playoff success was all Pete, John, the other players.....

All of this said, the Seahawks would have made this work still IF Wilson was truly playing at an elite level. For the last year and a half, he was not. His stats actually make him look as if he played better overall than he did. He was pretty consistently leaving a lot of yards/TD's on the field. The explosive hero plays skewed the YPA, Passer Rating but the play to play success rate was not what you'd expect from a HOF level player. No way could the team justify paying 36 year old Russ 50 M per year based on the most recent periods of play, not to mention having to deal with the constant drama/noise of his legacy........

Of course, the real issue now for the Hawks is that they are in the QB abyss. That means hoping guys like Lock or a draft pick somehow pan out instead of being a Geno Smith, Tavaris Jackson, or Clipboard Jesus. Odds are the team fails to fix the position and JS/PC are fired in a year or two.

I am of the opinion that Russ was never a very loved teammate, he is a complex guy that some teammates love to hate justify or not. He was never the leader that guys will charge against machine guns for. He was a diva that asked the teacher to protect him, do you guys ever love that teacher pet? But I was never in the locker room or have listened in on players conversations, so all speculation and BS, only one who has unlimited access to all locker room conversation is of course our John63

Russ is a super athlete, with seemingly super human abilities, truly unlimited in lots of incidences.

KinesProf

Reaction score
.[/quote]

But it is a very sad statement about where the culture of the world has moved too in the last 15 years. Social media, beg tech, mainstream media, schooling (indoctrination systems) are an evil destroying civility (no I am not religious) just watching a sad decline in this world.

[/quote]

I ask earnestly, no snark intended, but where are your current opinions on the current state of affairs coming from? Is it mostly online and in the media? What is your daily real world outside your door like - your day to day? Whereabouts are you located?

I can only speak to my present experiences, but I am really encouraged. I teach at the post -secondary level, mostly 18-23 year olds. And these young folks are so engaged, thoughtful, curious, passionate, questioning, compassionate, and creative. It's really quite impressive and encouraging. Norms are being challenged and are evolving. Considerably more impressive than my generation (mid millennial)

Yes, objectively, pandemics, war, opioid issues are all things than can really get you down as a society. But keep your head up, there's some really good stuff and great leaders on the horizon.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":113l7axx said:
I’ll be on OP’s side.

It’s not just about Ciara or Wilson, it can be true for every person not just athletes, when you’re young with a chip on your shoulder you’re a lot hungrier, a lot more dialed in into the process.

But as you gain more and more through life and experience like money, status, family etc that mindset does change, your passion for some things change. And I’ve notice as athletes especially ones with high status get older, wiser, smarter to the league they are more willing to take, then give, it’s just the natural process it seems. Kaepernick’s doc show hits on this a few ways, owners don’t see people they see dollar signs. And players learn to grow beyond their love of game, their passion, their heart and eventually know the deal, get yours while you can get yours, and enjoy life or care about life not just football.
This.

I think Russ knew he may never win another Super Bowl under Carroll and he knew Seattle does not want to pay him $50M+ when his contract ends.

So, why stay when you know the team isn’t competitive anymore AND you are not going to get paid what you want?

So, he systematically engineered his departure from the team.

Leaving gives him a greater chance to achieve one of the two of even both, if he plays for another team.

What happens when you’re satisfied with winning a certain number of championships? You still want to be paid well.

It’s a limited time frame you can earn these salaries and Wilson knew the best way to try and get both is to leave Seattle.

How many here can say if they are not pleased with the direction of their organization and they aren’t likely to be compensated for their troubles they endure, and another company offers the possibility of both, wouldn’t you think about leaving as well?

Wilson didn’t want to be traded just to be traded, Pete Carroll has made some (a lot) of bad decisions and the Seahawks, once, an NFL power, became a shell of its former self, and Wilson decided enough is enough and he would like to leave.

That’s life, not just football.

toffee

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2vhnkxab said:
There really shouldn't be any doubt that Russ engineered his departure.

TheLegendOfBoom":2vhnkxab said:
What happens when you’re satisfied with winning a certain number of championships? You still want to be paid well.
Unless you are one Tom Brady.

balakoth

Reaction score
not sure the people calling the OP "sexist" are married have ever been married or let alone have a girlfriend/boyfriend

Just... L o L

balakoth

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":w00kylwv said:
Pandion Haliaetus":w00kylwv said:
I’ll be on OP’s side.

This.

I think Russ knew he may never win another Super Bowl under Carroll and he knew Seattle does not want to pay him $50M+ when his contract ends.

So, why stay when you know the team isn’t competitive anymore AND you are not going to get paid what you want?

Leaving gives him a greater chance to achieve one of the two of even both, if he plays for another team.

It’s a limited time frame you can earn these salaries and Wilson knew the best way to try and get both is to leave Seattle.

How many here can say if they are not pleased with the direction of their organization and they aren’t likely to be compensated for their troubles they endure, and another company offers the possibility of both, wouldn’t you think about leaving as well?

Wilson didn’t want to be traded just to be traded, Pete Carroll has made some (a lot) of bad decisions and the Seahawks, once, an NFL power, became a shell of its former self, and Wilson decided enough is enough and he would like to leave.

That’s life, not just football.

Very true.. it's just not going to happen in Denver ;)

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
KinesProf":18ofzvgz said:

But it is a very sad statement about where the culture of the world has moved too in the last 15 years. Social media, beg tech, mainstream media, schooling (indoctrination systems) are an evil destroying civility (no I am not religious) just watching a sad decline in this world.

I ask earnestly, no snark intended, but where are your current opinions on the current state of affairs coming from? Is it mostly online and in the media? What is your daily real world outside your door like - your day to day? Whereabouts are you located?

I can only speak to my present experiences, but I am really encouraged. I teach at the post -secondary level, mostly 18-23 year olds. And these young folks are so engaged, thoughtful, curious, passionate, questioning, compassionate, and creative. It's really quite impressive and encouraging. Norms are being challenged and are evolving. Considerably more impressive than my generation (mid millennial)

Yes, objectively, pandemics, war, opioid issues are all things than can really get you down as a society. But keep your head up, there's some really good stuff and great leaders on the horizon.[/quote][/quote]

Only making this response because you asked.

If comes from being OLD. I am in my 71st year. I have lived in Canada, the USA and now live in Australia. I do follow all news and all international information. (was going to be a history teacher once) but ended up a bureaucrat in government.

However, look at today then go read 1984, animal farm or many other things that shows the decay of society, the rise of totalitarianism, the control of speech, thought and opinion, etc etc etc. iMO.

I am happy and encouraged that you are working with youth who have not been indoctrinated by the education system! But daily observations of people makes me question the future of a FREE society. This is why this is the only "social media" that I use. Honesty, honour, respect for others seem to be going out the window from big tech , media, and government control.

But back to the Hawks. Looking forward to a new team and the excitement I had back in 2010 and 2012 with the new Hawks under Pete and Russ and Bobby and all the others.