RW not the same since he got together with Ciara

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
toffee":2mdb8znd said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2mdb8znd said:
So, he systematically engineered his departure from the team.
There really shouldn't be any doubt that Russ engineered his departure.

TheLegendOfBoom":2mdb8znd said:
What happens when you’re satisfied with winning a certain number of championships? You still want to be paid well.
Unless you are one Tom Brady.
Brady is the enigma, where he understands, how much money is enough money.

NFL money and the thought of being the highest paid QB all the time didn’t appeal to Brady.

Brady has made a lot of good business decisions and has plenty of endorsements, he’ll be fine financially.

Brady wanted MORE championships!

At the end of the day people will remember Brady cause he won the most rings and is widely considered the GOAT.

That’s his legacy.

People will not remember which QB was the highest paid QB in whatever calendar NFL year but they will absolutely remember who won the most rings and is considered the GOAT.

It’s not always about money.

QB takes less percentage of the salary cap = more money can be allocated to other talented players therefore increasing odds of winning

Russ wants to be the highest paid QB but still wants a supremely talented team around him…

nanomoz

Reaction score
Down Under Hawk":3q611385 said:
nanomoz":3q611385 said:
This is sexist bull$hit.

Russ is a grown ass man. Treat him like one. Expect him to be accountable like one should be.

Gawwwwwwd, it's so tired. The wicked Medea-like woman in the background polluting the virtuous man. Give me a break.

Oh I am soooo sorry , you are right, no man OR woman has ever changed because of who they ended up partnering with.

Only you have made it sexist, I was referring to two people who are together where one has changed after meeting the other. You attacked me, without offering anything regarding if Russ is the same player?

But your response is an example of the classic cancel culture we are enduring today, when you attack someone's opinion just because it does not fit your world view. (1984)

Your response is why I left posting on this forum years ago and why I will leave again. No one is allowed an opinion that is contrary to the new social media, social re-engineering, big techs new social control of thought and opinion.

I know, I have heard it before I am sexist, racist, homophobic, etc etc etc, when I merely have an opinion that is not part of the new worlds totalitarian cancel culture.

Over and out!!

This is so diluted. All the empty rhetoric and tag words you lean on tells anyone capable of critical thinking that you're just parroting.

Russ is a grown man. If he's been influenced by someone, as you suggest, he's in large-part responsible for it. Again: grown ass man capable of making his own decisions. And if he's just a chameleon, and he's taken on the characteristics of the person he's with--that's also a Russell problem.

This has exactly zero to do with cancel culture and whatever other empty labels you use to reduce opinions not like your own.

You're not being silenced. Your post was sexist. So I called it sexist.

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":1t0gce5g said:
JTB":1t0gce5g said:
The issues with Russ and the Seahawks were complex and neither side was completely right or completely wrong. The team made PLENTY of personnel mistakes in his prime years and there's no question the team was far too conservative at times offensively - especially after the defense regressed from the LOB dominant days.

That being said, Wilson certainly did shift his personality in recent years and was all about his brand and legacy. He still was a great teammate from most accounts, hard worker, leader, etc. but the "me" element of his interactions publicly were at times over bearing. As for it being Ciara, IDK. I think Mark Rodgers was arguably more toxic in constantly telling RW he was the greatest and that the lack of playoff success was all Pete, John, the other players.....

All of this said, the Seahawks would have made this work still IF Wilson was truly playing at an elite level. For the last year and a half, he was not. His stats actually make him look as if he played better overall than he did. He was pretty consistently leaving a lot of yards/TD's on the field. The explosive hero plays skewed the YPA, Passer Rating but the play to play success rate was not what you'd expect from a HOF level player. No way could the team justify paying 36 year old Russ 50 M per year based on the most recent periods of play, not to mention having to deal with the constant drama/noise of his legacy........

Of course, the real issue now for the Hawks is that they are in the QB abyss. That means hoping guys like Lock or a draft pick somehow pan out instead of being a Geno Smith, Tavaris Jackson, or Clipboard Jesus. Odds are the team fails to fix the position and JS/PC are fired in a year or two.

I am of the opinion that Russ was never a very loved teammate, he is a complex guy that some teammates love to hate justify or not. He was never the leader that guys will charge against machine guns for. He was a diva that asked the teacher to protect him, do you guys ever love that teacher pet? But I was never in the locker room or have listened in on players conversations, so all speculation and BS, only one who has unlimited access to all locker room conversation is of course our John63

agreed

Russ is a super athlete, with seemingly super human abilities, truly unlimited in lots of incidences.

John63

Reaction score
Fade":n80a4v1o said:
Yes, it is Ciara's fault they drafted Germain Ifedi, Malik McDowell, Rashaad Penny, LJ Collier, a Linebacker, and a brittle WR, with their first selections in the last 6 drafts. :shock:

It's Ciara's fault that they sold the farm for Jamal Adams. :shock:

It's Ciara's fault they kept Ken Norton employed as an NFL DC for 4 seasons. :shock:

It's Ciara's fault that they blew $58M on JAGs in 2020, after Wilson said they needed more stars.

It's Ciara's fault that they had another $50M+ to spend this off-season, and will likely come away with no impact players once again.

This is the problem with the organization. No accountable at the top. Just crazy conspiracy's to how it actually isn't Pete's fault why the Seahawks are a mess. As he fritters away another off-season, but this time it is far worse. The guy masking how bad it's actually gotten is no longer their to bail his ass out.

The question is, who are these people going to blame, now that Wilson and Ciara are gone? The strength coach? The cafeteria lady at the VMAC? The Janitor? Anyone, but Pete, who is head of football operations, of course. :pukeface:

THIS^^^^

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Wilson started becoming hollywood before he met Ciara. He's always been obsessed with his reputation and brand to some degree. I don't think we can really blame her. To be honest, sometimes it seemed like Wilson started spending more time worrying about his side hustles than his actual job.

keasley45

Reaction score
Russel hasn't been the same since he stopped running the ball to keep defenses honest.

I think that point is as notable as the benefit of Lynch and the LOB.

Early in his career he ran the read option and would keep the ball. He'd also happily bail the pocket and scramble for yardage early if his read wasn't there. Later on, I think he became consumed with trying to be known as a pocket passer. The keep on the option was there for years if he wanted it, but he chose to play it only as a decoy. It was the tool that he had to beat the over looks that he struggled so mightily against over the last few years.

And If he was still upset 5 years after JS looked into Josh Allen, you also HAVE to believe that all the talk comparing him to RG3, or having teammates like ADB who considered his college QB, Andrew Luck, to be better than Russ... I'm sure it ate at him.

I've been saying it for a while. Russ developed a chip that only Russ can knock off. Success for him personally is important now. It's NOT just about winning. It's about winning outside the 'non- let Russ Cook' system. Russ mandated the pass heavy philosophy at the beginning of 2020 and Pete let him have go until it was obvious it couldn't beat some coverages.

He let him go again in 2021 and gave him a coordinator to work with, and all he did was the same thing he did the year before. And for all the talk about how Pete meddled after all the success in week 1... that's myth, proven by his admission that he waited to long to force the offense to change toward the end of the season. And that's proven by DKs comments about how the thing that was responsible for the offense getting back on track was running more and better. That THAT what the reason for the last season success.

Might Ciara have cut his study time down some by the virtue that she's just a hot get and was waiting for him at home everyday, lol... maybe. But the reason for Russ's change are much simpler, I think. The evidence of that is everywhere.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2r40cb3p said:
Wilson started becoming hollywood before he met Ciara. He's always been obsessed with his reputation and brand to some degree. I don't think we can really blame her. To be honest, sometimes it seemed like Wilson started spending more time worrying about his side hustles than his actual job.
Yeah, exactly.

He became a diva all about his “brand.”

Cyrus12

Reaction score
keasley45":1l7u6w2n said:
Russel hasn't been the same since he stopped running the ball to keep defenses honest.

I think that point is as notable as the benefit of Lynch and the LOB.

Early in his career he ran the read option and would keep the ball. He'd also happily bail the pocket and scramble for yardage early if his read wasn't there. Later on, I think he became consumed with trying to be known as a pocket passer. The keep on the option was there for years if he wanted it, but he chose to play it only as a decoy. It was the tool that he had to beat the over looks that he struggled so mightily against over the last few years.

And If he was still upset 5 years after JS looked into Josh Allen, you also HAVE to believe that all the talk comparing him to RG3, or having teammates like ADB who considered his college QB, Andrew Luck, to be better than Russ... I'm sure it ate at him.

I've been saying it for a while. Russ developed a chip that only Russ can knock off. Success for him personally is important now. It's NOT just about winning. It's about winning outside the 'non- let Russ Cook' system. Russ mandated the pass heavy philosophy at the beginning of 2020 and Pete let him have go until it was obvious it couldn't beat some coverages.

He let him go again in 2021 and gave him a coordinator to work with, and all he did was the same thing he did the year before. And for all the talk about how Pete meddled after all the success in week 1... that's myth, proven by his admission that he waited to long to force the offense to change toward the end of the season. And that's proven by DKs comments about how the thing that was responsible for the offense getting back on track was running more and better. That THAT what the reason for the last season success.

Might Ciara have cut his study time down some by the virtue that she's just a hot get and was waiting for him at home everyday, lol... maybe. But the reason for Russ's change are much simpler, I think. The evidence of that is everywhere.
In all fairness...he doesn't have those legs anymore..it happens to all qbs that rely on that elusiveness. He still had a great arm but his quickness to throw off the snap and not being able to throw to the middle of the field hurt his play the last couple years. Can't blame a guy for aging but needed to reinvent some of what he was doing.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Russ changed as soon as all the team Alphas were gone. They would check him if he tried the same selfish shit. Once ADB and Sherm were gone, Russ tried to assert himself. The only problem was, nobody else but him bought it. You can't fake it with the people in the building. They watch film too. There's a reason we've heard mostly crickets from his teammates since the trade. He is not a leader. Rookies will follow him for a year or 2 until they realize it. Veterans won't bad mouth him because he's not a bad guy, per se, but he's just not that guy. Genuine leaders are born with it. Can't be learned and you can't force it.

toffee

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1yo84y58 said:
Russ changed as soon as all the team Alphas were gone. They would check him if he tried the same selfish $h!t. Once ADB and Sherm were gone, Russ tried to assert himself. The only problem was, nobody else but him bought it. You can't fake it with the people in the building. They watch film too. There's a reason we've heard mostly crickets from his teammates since the trade. He is not a leader. Rookies will follow him for a year or 2 until they realize it. Veterans won't bad mouth him because he's not a bad guy, per se, but he's just not that guy. Genuine leaders are born with it. Can't be learned and you can't force it.

Metcalf did tweet a Fairwell, shared with Bobby. But that's about it, ain't it.

Smellyman

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/YBlogga/status/1501013579528609792[/tweet]

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
toffee":1tyg1ivi said:
OrangeGravy":1tyg1ivi said:
Russ changed as soon as all the team Alphas were gone. They would check him if he tried the same selfish $h!t. Once ADB and Sherm were gone, Russ tried to assert himself. The only problem was, nobody else but him bought it. You can't fake it with the people in the building. They watch film too. There's a reason we've heard mostly crickets from his teammates since the trade. He is not a leader. Rookies will follow him for a year or 2 until they realize it. Veterans won't bad mouth him because he's not a bad guy, per se, but he's just not that guy. Genuine leaders are born with it. Can't be learned and you can't force it.

Metcalf did tweet a Fairwell, shared with Bobby. But that's about it, ain't it.
I'm not all over social media, so I most likely wouldn't see it if there's more, but I haven't seen anything.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The dude is gone, get over your blatant hatred for the guy. You got what you wanted.

On to Free Agency and the Draft.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I liked Russ, but will be happy not to see the extra media hyping his "brand" anymore.

The picture posted by Smellyman right above is just the tip of the iceberg.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1pkyua49 said:
The dude is gone, get over your blatant hatred for the guy. You got what you wanted.

On to Free Agency and the Draft.

Yes on to the Future, but sorry there was no HATE for Russ in my post or any of the responses. Russ became more about Russ then he was about the team. Evidence of this comes out daily. I loved the years he gave us but am more excited about not watching the same old thing I have been watching for the last 3 to 4 years.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/3/14/22 ... -to-denver

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You clearly haven't been here the last several years. There are several people that flat out hate the guy. The fact that so many people allowed every little thing another grown man did away from football is also hilarious. Like it impacted their lives. A big reason I cut way back on even talking about the guy. He's gone, they got what they wanted. Now this team is going to lose, a LOT w/out him.
It's hilarious, and he's still living in their heads.

Elemas

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21oviunw said:
You clearly haven't been here the last several years. There are several people that flat out hate the guy. The fact that so many people allowed every little thing another grown man did away from football is also hilarious. Like it impacted their lives. A big reason I cut way back on even talking about the guy. He's gone, they got what they wanted. Now this team is going to lose, a LOT w/out him.
It's hilarious, and he's still living in their heads.

Boom.

Russ was my favorite player.

Russ is no longer a Seahawk.

Russ is no longer my favorite player.

If Russ fans can move on (we have no choice), so can the anti-christs. I meant anti-Russells.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hope he plays well and Denver loses every game they play in 2022.
Math is hard. Denver loses more, better picks for Seattle. The more you know...........

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is almost like some of these fans don't even follow the Seahawks.

Wilson LITERALLY TOLD YOU why things are different. He said it almost as much as the Go Hawks thing.

'The Separation Is In The Preparation' - Remember that?

It was true.

Now go back, just for fun, and read articles about Wilson his first 2 years. You are going to find lots of articles about him staying at the facility way into the night and coming in early to prepare as well. He was putting in insane hours and it was manifesting on the field.

Now ask yourself, is that sustainable? Of course not.

Now as he got better, maybe he didn't need to put in as much time.

But you work to live not live to work. So a man with a family is going to realize that putting all that time in, is going to miss his family and lose years of his life. He stopped putting in insane and not sustainable hours - and shockingly his results started to dip.

Additionally, he surrounded himself with people that whispered in his ear - and even got an entourage (there are articles about those people too) as well as his own staff. Team 3 did not help. And his failing to be a run threat removed allowed defenses to release those defenders to cover people or rush Wilson. All of that contributed.

But he was going to change regardless because expecting him to put in 10-12 hours a day (or more) just studying football was not going to be a reasonable expectation. It had to change because it wasn't sustainable. That isn't Ciara's fault, it would have happened with ANYONE.