Ryan Clady visiting Seahawks

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Largent80":15kpsr76 said:
Clady is D O N E.

Do NOT want.

Well, seeing how he is probably the best option right now, they probably don't have much of a choice. I don't think they want to burn another high draft pick on a questionable lineman. I think they have their eyes on restocking the defensive side of the ball.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Clady has a worse injury history than Okung, and Okung was usually always hurt or rehabbing. I doubt he would play on a 1year deal either or for what JS might offer him.

I agree with the observation he's done.

toffee

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3oqzkt9x said:
Clady has a worse injury history than Okung, and Okung was usually always hurt or rehabbing. I doubt he would play on a 1year deal either or for what JS might offer him.

I would say when both healthy, Clady was better than Okung. At this stage, Clady may not be an everydown LT but can still contribute on part time and to mentor Fant.

nwHawk

Reaction score
They call those guys "coaches". He's done.

Hyak

Reaction score
I go back and forth on this one. It's been a while since he was really good because of the injuries and I'm just not sure whether 2017 Clady is an upgrade.

Britt has emerged as a great leader and I think I'd prefer them using money to extend him. Then you let the competition play out among the others for the Tackle and Guard spots.

Really curious to see what the first OL lineup in minicamp looks like with the additions of Joeckel and Aboushi not to mention their plans for Ifedi and Odihambo in year 2.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
check-pasta-toss-it-to-wall.gif

nanomoz

Reaction score
The good news on Clady is that his 2016 injury wasn't a re-injury to the knee he blew out. It was a rotator cuff. The Jets fans I know say he was an upgrade to D'Brickshaw for the first few games.

His knee has had a couple of years to heal, now. If he could be had for cheap, it could be a decent band-aid.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
On the downside, one could say this would have been good news five years ago. On the upside, this will likely never be said about any of the current tackles on the team. That's got to be an improvement, right? Right?

toffee

Reaction score
Don't think Clady is an every down LT anymore, he may not even be elite at his current best. But he would be the perfect mate for Fant, if he could help Fant for a season or so sharing downs, Fant might just be good and ready by the second half of this season.

If he is cheap and healthy, sign him.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
toffee":kp8t0uj0 said:
Don't think Clady is an every down LT anymore, he may not even be elite at his current best. But he would be the perfect mate for Fant, if he could help Fant for a season or so sharing downs, Fant might just be good and ready by the second half of this season.

If he is cheap and healthy, sign him.

While I agree Clady might be a good role model for Fant, I don't think there is a such thing as a rotational LT or lineman for that instance. You either start or you sit the bench. Are we looking at Clady as depth for the Oline, maybe. I'm guessing if he is signed he will be given an opportunity to prove he can start full time.

toffee

Reaction score
Not ideal but doable, Fant sucked last season but he did have his moments which is something considering his background in football, or lack of. IF, and only IF Clady is healthy enough, then start Clady but let Fant take say 30% of the snaps in the beginning and gradually increase to 70% towards the end of season. Assuming Fant show decent progress of course. That way, we also save Clady for the post season.

I am not convinced that either Fant or Clady are every down LT at this point of their respective career. I rather take change on these two than Joeckel on LT because Joeckel was given seasons to develop as LT and failed miserably. But Joeckel was adequate as guard, and we need guard upgrade to help our running game.

Subzero717

Reaction score
That's not really how it works in the NFL. It is all about cohesion. Soemthing Schneider mentioned several times during his presser at the combine. Unless you are doing it experimentally to see who plays better in game situations and at that point it would be in small sample sizes. Even in that circumstance I have only witnessed one team ever do it, although I am sure there might have been more and their track record with OL play is suspect at best.

Clady played 8 games and gave up 2 sacks last year. If we only got that production for 8 games it is well worth it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love the idea of bringing Clady in. The line was historically bad last year and some consider it one of the worst ever. If a guy can come in and even has a chance of being an upgrade then we should do it. I'm not sold Fant can ever be a starter in this league but if he has a ton of potential let him learn for a year or two without getting Wilson killed. I love the effort the team has presented in trying to fix the position. Hopefully at least 1 or more players stick and offer an upgrade.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3c49uztp said:

Hey, that's the highest-paid Offensive Lineman in the NFL you're talking about.