Reaction score
The guy is about as done as done gets.

People get too hung up on a name.

Largent80

Reaction score
Mojambo":21cgyzai said:
The guy is about as done as done gets.

People get too hung up on a name.

He was done after he tore his knee up the year we won the SB or Denver would have kept him.

nash72

Reaction score
Is Clady better than Fant? Thats the question. I cant think of anybody that is worse than Fant, so even a washed up Clady would be an improvement.

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":14yfeamy said:
Is Clady better than Fant? Thats the question. I cant think of anybody that is worse than Fant, so even a washed up Clady would be an improvement.

Evidently the coaches didn't think so and neither did I so there ya go. And I don't want any WASHED UP player on my team, that is where we differ, oh and I'm actually not down on every single player on the team like you are according to your posts.

Ozzy

Reaction score
How do you know the coaches don't think he's better than Fant? I would argue they thought he could be or they wouldn't of brought him in. Maybe we end up signing him or maybe he wanted too much money or like you said maybe they do think Fant is better although I don't think Fant ends up starting with or without Clady to be honest. I personally like Fant as a project(maybe) but I hate the idea of him starting again. We have a generational QB and I don't want to see his prime wasted by running for his life anymore.

Largent80

Reaction score
austinslater25":3ca9g8cq said:
How do you know the coaches don't think he's better than Fant?

And, who cares????

The coaches chose to NOT sign him and that should be good enough. If it isn't then languish in your pain.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
He does produce some pretty amazing plays when he's running for his life though,doesnt he.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Largent80":1w5tnmc2 said:
austinslater25":1w5tnmc2 said:
How do you know the coaches don't think he's better than Fant?

And, who cares????

The coaches chose to NOT sign him and that should be good enough. If it isn't then languish in your pain.

Huh? Obviously you do because you keep debating people on the topic :twisted:

Largent80

Reaction score
Pain free, and ready to roll with FANT.

Dude is going to improve as well as the rest of the line. I actually feel good about it this year which is way more than any of the years since Hutch and Walt left.

Having Clady in for a visit is/was window dressing. A washed up former elite player that has no business on a team of young/hungry players.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I do think the line does much better this year but it won't be with Fant. I'll be shocked if he's starting. But if I'm wrong and he is starting that means he got drastically better and has earned it. I hope he proves me wrong.

Largent80

Reaction score
austinslater25":1de9g1vz said:
I do think the line does much better this year but it won't be with Fant. I'll be shocked if he's starting. But if I'm wrong and he is starting that means he got drastically better and has earned it. I hope he proves me wrong.

Who beats out Fant? Joke-el?

I doubt it. Coming back from a complete knee reconstruction. Plus he has stunk it up for 4 years as a starter.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Actually yeah. A few twitter guys broke down his film and he was light years better than Fant. I'll bet a beer he beats out Fant.

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":1vvxwc4x said:
nash72":1vvxwc4x said:

Evidently the coaches didn't think so and neither did I so there ya go. And I don't want any WASHED UP player on my team, that is where we differ, oh and I'm actually not down on every single player on the team like you are according to your posts.

Well, your not sure what the coaches are thinking and your personal opinion doesnt hold any stock so there ya go. Fant was an absolute wreck last season and the people that want him starting and the same line out there are delusional. Wilson wont make another year behind that atrocity.

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":1qz2f9vy said:

I doubt it. Coming back from a complete knee reconstruction. Plus he has stunk it up for 4 years as a starter.

The fact that he was brought in should tell you how awful Fant is.

Josea16

Reaction score
nash72":1fdm28lq said:
Largent80":1fdm28lq said:

The fact that he was brought in should tell you how awful Fant is.
Wow, that Is the first thing you have said since you started posting that makes sense. Congratulations.

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":7b3yc282 said:
Dude is going to improve as well as the rest of the line. I actually feel good about it this year which is way more than any of the years since Hutch and Walt left.

You feel good about fielding the same line as last year that was historically bad and maybe one of the worst lines ever assembled? One that had our franchise QB hobbling around the entire season with injuries? I'll just never understand that mentality. An improvement from that line would be becoming just really bad as opposed to horrible. Thats what your looking forward too?

Josea16

Reaction score
nash72":vfq1lj4d said:
Largent80":vfq1lj4d said:
nash72":vfq1lj4d said:

Well, your not sure what the coaches are thinking and your personal opinion doesnt hold any stock so there ya go. Fant was an absolute wreck last season and the people that want him starting and the same line out there are delusional. Wilson wont make another year behind that atrocity.
Relax, Fant isn't starting unless the bullshit team line is actually true. That POS will never start a game if the FO can help it.

JGreen79

Reaction score
I'm not a FO guru... However I'm pretty sure if the FO had it their way, 'that POS' would develop into the GOAT and break the record for consecutive starts.

Ozzy

Reaction score
nash72":2fpttrt3 said:
Largent80":2fpttrt3 said:

You feel good about fielding the same line as last year that was historically bad and maybe one of the worst lines ever assembled? One that had our franchise QB hobbling around the entire season with injuries? I'll just never understand that mentality. An improvement from that line would be becoming just really bad as opposed to horrible. Thats what your looking forward too?

How anyone can look forward to the same line as last year is beyond me. I'm all for expecting improvement and hoping they all become world beaters but wasting another prime year of Wilson's while Fant learns to play the position for the first time in his LIFE is beyond stupid. The front office knows this, the coaching staff knows this and there is zero chance of it happening beyond Fant making a miraculous improvement and if he does good for him. Largent isn't excited about last years line and he's complained about it before, he's just being grumpy. :D

nash72

Reaction score
austinslater25":307w5d86 said:
nash72":307w5d86 said:
Largent80":307w5d86 said:

How anyone can look forward to the same line as last year is beyond me. I'm all for expecting improvement and hoping they all become world beaters but wasting another prime year of Wilson's while Fant learns to play the position for the first time in his LIFE is beyond stupid. The front office knows this, the coaching staff knows this and there is zero chance of it happening beyond Fant making a miraculous improvement and if he does good for him. Largent isn't excited about last years line and he's complained about it before, he's just being grumpy. :D

A ton of people are shouting continuity like thats going to help these no talented hacks at Oline and they should be just fine going into next season. No continuity can help that bunch. I dont think people realize how bad they were.

As for Largent, grumpy or not, lets not sell him short. I think he does want Fant starting next season.