Sack Stats past 5 years

Smellyman

Reaction score
erik2690":2nmxcptv said:
Wilson's 'time to throw' this year was 2.61. I actually don't think this stat is a tell-all or anything, but just for context it's by a good margin his fastest I'm pretty sure. He got the ball out relatively quick. Faster than Matt Ryan and only .04 from Brady.

I'll be honest, I may not be as defensive as Anthony, but it is weird to see a thread analyzing our fairly obviously bad o-line turn into mainly a 'here's what Wilson did wrong' thread. I feel like that does tend to happen more on this forum than most, don't know the reason. Like with all QB's I'm perfectly sure he had negative plays that didn't help the o-line. But the o-line is not good at pass blocking. It's okay to acknowledge that without caveat. I think everyone knows that no player plays perfect or that the o-line isn't at fault on literally all plays w/o the 'yeah but....'.

Agreed. The line was the worst I have ever seen.

I have never seen 5 men block nobody at the same time. Not even in pop warner, until the 2016 Seahawk oline.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Smellyman":1sae3blu said:
erik2690":1sae3blu said:
Wilson's 'time to throw' this year was 2.61. I actually don't think this stat is a tell-all or anything, but just for context it's by a good margin his fastest I'm pretty sure. He got the ball out relatively quick. Faster than Matt Ryan and only .04 from Brady.

I'll be honest, I may not be as defensive as Anthony, but it is weird to see a thread analyzing our fairly obviously bad o-line turn into mainly a 'here's what Wilson did wrong' thread. I feel like that does tend to happen more on this forum than most, don't know the reason. Like with all QB's I'm perfectly sure he had negative plays that didn't help the o-line. But the o-line is not good at pass blocking. It's okay to acknowledge that without caveat. I think everyone knows that no player plays perfect or that the o-line isn't at fault on literally all plays w/o the 'yeah but....'.

I have never seen 5 men block nobody at the same time. Not even in pop warner, until the 2016 Seahawk oline.

[youtube]Nel9hgv54e0[/youtube]

Anthony!

Reaction score
Smellyman":evb735me said:
erik2690":evb735me said:

Agreed, the thing I never understood is the number of times they did not block and then just turned and stood there and watched

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
erik2690":1fvztyft said:

I'll be honest, I may not be as defensive as Anthony, but it is weird to see a thread analyzing our fairly obviously bad o-line turn into mainly a 'here's what Wilson did wrong' thread. I feel like that does tend to happen more on this forum than most, don't know the reason. Like with all QB's I'm perfectly sure he had negative plays that didn't help the o-line. But the o-line is not good at pass blocking. It's okay to acknowledge that without caveat. .

The factors that make the O-line look worse...they matter in the conversation of how Seattle should spend their money. People are actually talking about trading in Richard Sherman or Jimmy Graham to improve the OL. It betrays a belief that the only thing that really matters on a football team is the offensive line. I'm merely trying to steer the conversation in the direction of how Seattle could make life easier on their OL with their scheme or better play from their QB (which they did much of last year, which is a big part of why nobody hated it as much last year).

Most discussion of Wilson running into sacks just gets dismissed out of hand and isn't given due weight at all.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ofpsfjn said:
erik2690":2ofpsfjn said:

I'll be honest, I may not be as defensive as Anthony, but it is weird to see a thread analyzing our fairly obviously bad o-line turn into mainly a 'here's what Wilson did wrong' thread. I feel like that does tend to happen more on this forum than most, don't know the reason. Like with all QB's I'm perfectly sure he had negative plays that didn't help the o-line. But the o-line is not good at pass blocking. It's okay to acknowledge that without caveat. .

The factors that make the O-line look worse...they matter in the conversation of how Seattle should spend their money. People are actually talking about trading in Richard Sherman or Jimmy Graham to improve the OL. It betrays a belief that the only thing that really matters on a football team is the offensive line. I'm merely trying to steer the conversation in the direction of how Seattle could make life easier on their OL with their scheme or better play from their QB (which they did much of last year, which is a big part of why nobody hated it as much last year).

Most discussion of Wilson running into sacks just gets dismissed out of hand and isn't given due weight at all.

I am not for trading to fix the oline we have plenty of cap space. That said I am also not for masking the problem, I want it fixed.The issue with masking the problem is your asking others to go way above and beyond to hide a problem of others not doing their jobs. Then when for whatever reason those masking the real problem can't go above and beyond you point at them instead of the real problem. Has Wilson ran into a sack , yes, however the question is had he not run would he have been sacked anyway? In a lot of cases yes, The other question how many sacks has he run out of helping the oline, the answer a lot. It is fools gold to ask everyone else to step up every game and go above and beyond rather than fixing the problem. Its like putting tape on holes in a boat, Yeah it might work for a little while but sooner or later it will fail, and then you will blame the tape not the hole which was the real problem. Wilson running into sacks should not be given any weight if the oline did its job he would not have to run period. Once again he was in the tops in hits, sacks, hurries and pressures and once again the oline was ranked amongst the worse. Lets fix the problem and stop using tape and then blaming the tape when it fails. FYI the oline is the problem, Wilson is the tape.

Jville

Reaction score
Yea ....... We need to return to a running game that can carry Russell Wilson. 8) That will fix it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We were a missed field goal away from being the #2 seed. That along with injuries to seemingly almost every single one of our stars - Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Michael Bennett.

I really don't see the emergency with what the Seahawks are doing. I do see improvement coming with linemen getting their second year of starting.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":12j7rz4n said:
We were a missed field goal away from being the #2 seed. That along with injuries to seemingly almost every single one of our stars - Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Michael Bennett.

I really don't see the emergency with what the Seahawks are doing. I do see improvement coming with linemen getting their second year of starting.

They better, rookie pass has expired and if they don't improve only one place you can point fingers afterwards.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2c768dru said:

You have a guy who was a basketball player another who was a Te do you really want to gamble that they can get it done? I mean really. I want real lineman, they don't have to make us top 5 or even 10 I would take 15 but we are not going to get that with a basketball player and a TE at least not for a few more years. Again yes we were but that is with us taping the problem not solving. We were in that position despite the line not because of them and its not the first time the oline has been the main problem. Time to fix it not tape it.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Also , Wilson was injured and not very sharp on most of his throws this year so teams were able to come up and provide more pressure this year
One thing totally affects another so it's not just the oline or wilsons style in the pocket or the receivers not getting open
It's a combination of all of it
I think that Wilson wasn't the guy with eyes in the back of his head like he used to be , he was amazing at it so I'm guessing that's because he doesn't want to get pummeled
We have to get better up front or he may never be able get back to that level of play then I'm hoping that everything else will start to fall in place
If we can give him a little more time it will change his mindset and the whole offense will benefit IMHO
:229031_thewave:
So lets hope and pray that either they get some more reps in and get better as far as the rookies go and grab a couple serviceable free agents or were screwed
Here's to hoping the guys they pick up aren't sowell 2.0
Go Hawks :irishdrinkers:

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawxfreak":9h22f0gl said:
Also , Wilson was injured and not very sharp on most of his throws this year so teams were able to come up and provide more pressure this year
One thing totally affects another so it's not just the oline or wilsons style in the pocket or the receivers not getting open
It's a combination of all of it
I think that Wilson wasn't the guy with eyes in the back of his head like he used to be , he was amazing at it so I'm guessing that's because he doesn't want to get pummeled
We have to get better up front or he may never be able get back to that level of play then I'm hoping that everything else will start to fall in place
If we can give him a little more time it will change his mindset and the whole offense will benefit IMHO
:229031_thewave:
So lets hope and pray that either they get some more reps in and get better as far as the rookies go and grab a couple serviceable free agents or were screwed
Here's to hoping the guys they pick up aren't sowell 2.0
Go Hawks :irishdrinkers:

Some valid points I don't think it was so much he did not have eye sin the back of his head as he had to look every where, Here never knew where they were coming from so he also did not know where to go. If you watched the Atl game today the announcers kept saying you give Ryan time and he will pick you apart. Same holds true for Wilson but he rarely gets the time. I think injuries were big but the oline was far and away the biggest issue.