Saints #4 Defense-but I still think there should be fines

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Natethegreat":rbxgbx7a said:
Please what a bunch of whining over one illegal hit that quite honestly wasn't really all that bad. Bush barely even made contact with his helmet on the hit and clearly lowered his shoulder. Its not the Saints fault that Harvin can't manage to stay on the field.
Enjoy the off season. Go do up a mock draft or something.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Not only was the celebration of the hit by his teammates telling, but lets not forget that was going to force a 4th down punt and his penalty extended our first scoring drive.

Even more reason his teammates should have been chewing his a$$, and instead were chest bumping.

Gee, wonder why?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3808a1v7 said:
Please what a bunch of whining over one illegal hit that quite honestly wasn't really all that bad. Bush barely even made contact with his helmet on the hit and clearly lowered his shoulder. Its not the Saints fault that Harvin can't manage to stay on the field.
Yeah?, was Baldwins helmet getting ripped off a clean play too?
Bastards didn't deserve to be rewarded with a win, and I'm going to be pissed if the Fines aren't levied against the players for that horse shit.
Payton just doesn't frikking get it. :141847_bnono:
Tate was fined for hitting a Defensive player that outweighed him by a good 80 lbs., Chancellor was also fined for a CLEAN and LEGAL hit on V. Davis, so if Payton's punks get away with this crap AGAIN, the League needs to fine the Refs for shirking on their jobs.
Anyways, those jerk-wads get to enjoy the rest of the play-offs, while sitting on their sofa's sippin' on a Starbucks coffee.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
morgulon1":1buxoxhp said:
I don't think they played dirty, not any dirtier than we do. Harvin got his ass cranked. That is all.
Bullcrap, the Seahawks play HARD Physical football, but some of those plays today were intentional, chicken shit dirty.

Justwin

Reaction score
A fine or two will come this week no doubt, it sure looked like their defensive plan was to take Percy out. I love the hard clean hits by both teams but targeting heads and knees has no place anymore.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Nate is correct, this time, that Harvin can't seem to stay on the field. Keeping my fingers crossed for next time.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2ysozaro said:

Watch the replay. From the endzone angle, he clearly hit him helmet to helmt.

And by the way, if he DID hit him in the head with his shoulder, that's still illegal. You can't hit people in the head, is that so hard to understand ?

And it's not whining. Our DB's get flagged (and usually not fined) for hitting people in the chest with their shoulders regularly.

The 2nd hit in the endzone, the DB clearly left his feet and lunged at Harvin's head. Once again, sad that Chancellor gets flagged for perfectly legal hits while this guy puts a player out of the game and .....nothing.

This is ironic coming from a Saints fan that got gifted that call against the Niners on Brees.

Hawks46

Reaction score
5280Hawk":u5njpgu9 said:
I agree but what we're really pissed about is that it was effective.

Still no room for that kind of play. Lost respect for the saints today permanently.

Not true. What I'm really pissed about is that Chancellor is regularly fined when he lights people up when it's clearly legal hits. He's just very.....effective....at it and if the guy's head snaps around..BANG. Flagged and fined.

We have a rep for being physical so the refs watch every little thing the LoB does. Watch that Rams game.....they were teeing off on us all game (and clearly after Tate) yet Tate gets flagged for blocking too effectively vs. Dallas. It's like we're not allowed to fight back.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Every time Harvin touched the ball, they were lunging and diving in for a injury shot. Shoving him around and trying to abuse him, much like the rams did with Tate last week. Our defense hits players hard but they don't head hunt players and aim to injure. There is playing strong than there is being douche bags going for injuries.

themunn

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1s18wz08 said:
Chancellor was also fined for a CLEAN and LEGAL hit on V. Davis,

No he wasn't, the league vindicated him

Latest posts