Saints fans were chanting "WE WANT SEATTLE"

Largent80

Reaction score
Saints run game is like?....almost non existent.

Thomas has 486 yards for the year. They are all about throwing. This plays to our strength. I see us thoroughly beating them.

Seeker

Reaction score
Confession time!

I didn't even watch the game last night, didn't even know they were playing (Thursday night football is usually crap). Anybody got any video on this? The saints are basically the 2008 Cardinals who strolled in when the division was week and rode a wave. We are about to [browner]SCHMACK[/browner] the saints on Monday.

Atradees

Reaction score
A little gamesmanship...got no problem with that. We want the Saints.
Looking at the remaining games the Saints play; wow I dont envy them.
What is the Ryan angle with their defense? Does he dial up constant pressure or does he use the old 46 defense or ????

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Largent80":1q2ra06j said:

Thomas has 486 yards for the year. They are all about throwing. This plays to our strength. I see us thoroughly beating them.

In their defense, they spread the ball out in the running game. They have a huge stable of backs and they use them all. Plus, like you said, they are a passing team and most of the time Brees is getting yards through the air. That plays into their argument, not yours. Hard to have a Rb run for a ton of yards when the ball is also handed to other RBs and your QB throws for 5000 yards every year. Doesn't mean the RBs are bad.

That's like them knocking our receivers because none of them are 1000 yard receivers.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1wsu233e said:
This game will not be easy. I'm not going to lie...I'm nervous.
I am too but I feel so much better that Harvin is healthy and will be in the game. Because this is a game where I think he will be the deciding factor that gives us victory (probably through a kickoff return).

45Hawker

Reaction score
Largent80":1v80qtob said:

Thomas doesn't get many carries, but when he does, he's very effective: He has the number 1 "success rate" of all RBs in the league per Football Outsiders. And he's very good catching out the backfield, #16 in the league in receptions - more than any Hawks player.

Containing Pierre Thomas and Sproles will be key.

12thMan1

Reaction score
I wish the coaches would get Christine Michael more involved in our upcoming games (though I doubt it will happen) He would add a whole nother element to our offense.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Our game with the Saints will be monumental... yet, we will prevail for a good number of reasons.

For those of you who didn't watch last night's game, Brees was a bit off accuracy-wise with a good number of his throws. Saints' drives were stopped because Brees did not lead his receiver enuif and allowed the defender to break up the pass or strip the receiver while he was attempting to secure the ball.

A "typical" Brees passing game should have ended up a 2-TD victory over the current version of the Falcons.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":29ns4ocs said:
Our game with the Saints will be monumental... yet, we will prevail for a good number of reasons.

For those of you who didn't watch last night's game, Brees was a bit off accuracy-wise with a good number of his throws. Saints' drives were stopped because Brees did not lead his receiver enuif and allowed the defender to break up the pass or strip the receiver while he was attempting to secure the ball.

A "typical" Brees passing game should have ended up a 2-TD victory over the current version of the Falcons.

I always find it tough to evaluate teams and players from a Thursday Night game.

The players are always still sore from Sunday, they really only had 1 real day of practice, and their whole routine is thrown off.

The Saints will have 11 days to rest up for us, practice for us, and get ready. Evaluating them based on how they performed with 3 days to get ready for a division rival (who usually plays them tough) isn't really accurate.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I would like to see Pete keep Kam on Graham. Kam could press him at the LoS and mess with his head LoB style. Take Graham out and a large portion of their passing attack is eliminated.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2lyr03tp said:
Don't you have to die before being deemed a saint?

I think the Saints have gone through plenty of years of "death" in their history. Much like us.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
OrFan":2rdkst35 said:
Are they really sure they want to face the team with the best record in the NFL? They want to face the team with the best record, all time, on Monday Night Football? They want to face the team that has the best record at home, and the toughest crowd, in the entire NFL?

Are they really that stupid?

Have you been to Bourbon Street? If so, this is a rhetorical question. If not, this is a rhetorical question.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Why wouldn't they be saying bring on Seattle? Who doesn't want to see the best teams playing each other? including non seahawk-saints fans. It's a great MNF matchup for everyone. But for them and us it's a measuring stick.

I think it'll be a great game either way. The only thing I worry about on our behalf is coming out flat after the break. We are a team that really thrives off momentum. Hope we don't look rusty. Other than that, no worries.

formido

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3syzkigg said:
Largent80":3syzkigg said:

In their defense, they spread the ball out in the running game. They have a huge stable of backs and they use them all. Plus, like you said, they are a passing team and most of the time Brees is getting yards through the air. That plays into their argument, not yours. Hard to have a Rb run for a ton of yards when the ball is also handed to other RBs and your QB throws for 5000 yards every year. Doesn't mean the RBs are bad.

That's like them knocking our receivers because none of them are 1000 yard receivers.

Not really like that. According to Football Outsiders, New Orleans loses points, on average, when they run the ball. On the other hand, Seattle's receivers are rated very highly in efficiency.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This is going to be a very tough game. Don't kid yourselves folks. I can't wait to see if we are up to the challenge. The Saints are a very tough team no matter where you play them.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Why are we ragging on the Saints for playing a close one against ATL when we got our own nail-biter against the Kellen Clemens lead Rams? Division games can go like this.

formido

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2yucvmkl said:
Why are we ragging on the Saints for playing a close one against ATL when we got our own nail-biter against the Kellen Clemens lead Rams? Division games can go like this.

St. Louis is a lot better than Atlanta. Also, research shows that it's a myth that division games tend to be closer than non-division games.

Research also shows that it's a myth that Thursday games are sloppier than other games.

Fact is, New Orleans struggled the last two weeks to beat teams that Seattle dominated. Seattle's offensive line is healthy and we have Harvin now, while they've lost Greer. I'll be surprised if this is a true nail biter. Seattle is the better team and should win easily. Of course, there's a significant element of chance in any football game, so anything's possible.

Latest posts