Salary Cap Update (Cap Space $14.8M)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":3kxryns8 said:
They have as good a shot as anyone to win a SB with the current roster. I find it strange people think there is zero chance of that happening. Last year we were a double digit win team with injuries to our QB all year and multiple other big contributors. This team still might have the most talented roster in the NFL. We obviously have blemishes but every roster does.

I don't think anyone's saying we have zero chance................but there are some glaring roster and depth deficiencies that IMO haven't been addressed very well so far in the off season.

It's early, so we'll see what happens with the rest of FA and the draft.

I can tell you this, I was a lot more fired up last off season than I am this one. I REALLY thought we'd be a monster team coming into last season with a great draft and fired up roster of players looking to prove that they're still the same group of players that won a SB.

This year? I really don't know what this team is capable of.

Jville

Reaction score
ringless":3y4y6sp4 said:
The Seahawks for now certainly are the best team in the NFC West. The Cardinals just got picked apart during FA, losing 8 starters from last season and counting once Minter signs. That will include 6 starting players from the defense alone. I doubt we are competitive. Next year we will have around 82 million in cap space however when Palmer retires, and only one notable UFA, but will be without the QBotF unless something changes.

The 49ers are still a long way away from competing. The Rams have Goff who doesn't know where the sun sets.

It's all timely in that the Seahawks reloaded heavily with youngsters on offense last year. And this year, they are positioned to reload the defensive pipeline.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1tyznj0f said:
austinslater25":1tyznj0f said:
They have as good a shot as anyone to win a SB with the current roster. I find it strange people think there is zero chance of that happening. Last year we were a double digit win team with injuries to our QB all year and multiple other big contributors. This team still might have the most talented roster in the NFL. We obviously have blemishes but every roster does.

I don't think anyone's saying we have zero chance................but there are some glaring roster and depth deficiencies that IMO haven't been addressed very well so far in the off season.

It's early, so we'll see what happens with the rest of FA and the draft.

I can tell you this, I was a lot more fired up last off season than I am this one. I REALLY thought we'd be a monster team coming into last season with a great draft and fired up roster of players looking to prove that they're still the same group of players that won a SB.

This year? I really don't know what this team is capable of.

You must of missed Jose's post above. He claims he doesn't know anyone who thinks they have a chance. I might of misread it though to be fair.

I'm with you on last year, I honestly thought it had a chance to be our best team yet but we got derailed by injuries and that line.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Thorpe's contract came in higher than I expected, so our cap space is down under $15M.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3a64so6z said:
Thorpe's contract came in higher than I expected, so our cap space is down under $15M.

Everything I saw from him last year was impressive. I think if they really start working with him at cornerback we could have a solid shutdown backfield. Hopefully they get him trained to get his head around so we can get rid of the PI's on that side and get back to INT's. I have high hopes for him, and I think the FO does as well. Dude is a hustler.