Santa Clara 49ers Stadium in bad location

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RichNhansom":9vu9snav said:
Carmon1274":9vu9snav said:
SouthSoundHawk":9vu9snav said:
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Wpid dolls laughing2

I hope traffic is TERRIBLE for years to come.

Oh NOES! Someone's jealous their stadium can't host a Superbowl.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We can host a super bowl we just thought it would be funner to win one in your house first.

At least in your stadium it is normally nice and quiet so our opponent might have a chance even if in some hypothetical parallel universe type scenario the Niners made it there. A super bowl hosted in Seattle with the Seahawks involved would be seen as nothing short of unfair.

I have to admit when you guys throw out your five rings it will be fun to point out we have won more in your house than you have. :D

Get one first, then maybe you can talk about winning a SB period.

Brahn

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":5og04iue said:

We all get it bro, the Niners were good back before 14.4k modems were popular. No one discredits the Niners Past Championships yet it seems Niners fans act like people do. Lets look at the facts, you won some championships back in the day. So did a lot of other teams. You do not even have the most championships, once again 5 is ALOT of championships. But why is it used as an attempt to win any conversation that you kids feel goes against you? Kaep is bad " WE GOT 5 RINGS" Think Crabtree will be 100%? " WE GOT 5 RINGS" , How do you think the Hawks game in SF will go? " WE GOT 5 RINGS". At what point does the current team come into a discussion without relying on Jerry Rice still?

We get it, you got 5 trophies. You got 5 man. YOU GOT 5!!! I mean 5!!!!! I bet on nice cold days you can just look at them and be sooo like... Man we were soooo good back when we won these, way better then any other team the years we won these.

But once you take a few breathes from the paper bag and calm down can we try and just stick with the conversations at hand? We get it you got 5! Have I said it enough to get you to focus on anything else? Let all your buddies know that we know you have 5 Trophies okay?

Why does Kaep suck so much?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Brahn":2lcgljac said:
lvnginhwktwn":2lcgljac said:

We all get it bro, the Niners were good back before 14.4k modems were popular. No one discredits the Niners Past Championships yet it seems Niners fans act like people do. Lets look at the facts, you won some championships back in the day. So did a lot of other teams. You do not even have the most championships, once again 5 is ALOT of championships. But why is it used as an attempt to win any conversation that you kids feel goes against you? Kaep is bad " WE GOT 5 RINGS" Think Crabtree will be 100%? " WE GOT 5 RINGS" , How do you think the Hawks game in SF will go? " WE GOT 5 RINGS". At what point does the current team come into a discussion without relying on Jerry Rice still?

We get it, you got 5 trophies. You got 5 man. YOU GOT 5!!! I mean 5!!!!! I bet on nice cold days you can just look at them and be sooo like... Man we were soooo good back when we won these, way better then any other team the years we won these.

But once you take a few breathes from the paper bag and calm down can we try and just stick with the conversations at hand? We get it you got 5! Have I said it enough to get you to focus on anything else? Let all your buddies know that we know you have 5 Trophies okay?

Go easy on em Brahn, I mean it's all they have. Have you seen their team lately? I mean really, they are battling with the Cardinals for a wild card spot (smart money is on AZ by the way) and the Rams are breathing down their neck. They could easily end up behind both and out of the playoffs because both are playing better ball right now. Can you imagine how scared and nervous they are knowing that little fact? Not to mention how painful it must be to realize your coach, GM and QB are all frauds? Were they warned? Sure. Were the signs all over the wall? Absolutely. But it doesn't change that gut wrenching feeling when reality comes crashing down and you fully realize how you bought into that can of bullshit.

I think I would be clutching to my history too though. No wait, I can't say it with a strait face? That is a lie. Having spent some time reading and discussing football with Niner fans I truly know how pathetic it is to try and mask the inadequacies of my current team with football trivia from a different century. I understand now how pathetic it looks as well as how it tarnish's the accomplishments of my teams history and would really just make me look like an entitled fool.

So let them have their tarnished rings and we will just settle for being one of the best teams in football now and for the foreseeable future.

Sorry Niner fans you have to really be in misery right about now. Good luck staying ahead of the Rams and Cards though. :D

Brahn

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3r0nq6ho said:
Brahn":3r0nq6ho said:
lvnginhwktwn":3r0nq6ho said:

Go easy on em Brahn, I mean it's all they have. Have you seen their team lately? I mean really, they are battling with the Cardinals for a wild card spot (smart money is on AZ by the way) and the Rams are breathing down their neck. They could easily end up behind both and out of the playoffs because both are playing better ball right now. Can you imagine how scared and nervous they are knowing that little fact? Not to mention how painful it must be to realize your coach, GM and QB are all frauds? Were they warned? Sure. Were the signs all over the wall? Absolutely. But it doesn't change that gut wrenching feeling when reality comes crashing down and you fully realize how you bought into that can of bullshit.

I think I would be clutching to my history too though. No wait, I can't say it with a strait face? That is a lie. Having spent some time reading and discussing football with Niner fans I truly know how pathetic it is to try and mask the inadequacies of my current team with football trivia from a different century. I understand now how pathetic it looks as well as how it tarnish's the accomplishments of my teams history and would really just make me look like an entitled fool.

So let them have their tarnished rings and we will just settle for being one of the best teams in football now and for the foreseeable future.

Sorry Niner fans you have to really be in misery right about now. Good luck staying ahead of the Rams and Cards though. :D

I can get the nervousness of a team in a the thick of a division placements and playoff hunt. I know that from my experiences with the Hawks. I would not go so far as to call the GM, HC, and QB all frauds. This team was a play away from a 6th SB win even though I know they inherited a wealth of riches. We have seen the same thing happen on other teams and they failed to get there. Also, as an open minded fan it is hard for me to say they were "Warned" about what they had from Front Office down because even as Hawks fans we really did not know what Carrol/JS would bring.

All I know is they have won championships in the past. And during the off season during the build up to the season kicking off I am almost ok with them using the past as a reference for the start of the season and the anticipation. But once the games start to be played lets talk about the season at hand. I know this is sorta out of place now in a Santa Clara stadium thread and I will try to wrap this up quick so as not to derail the thread. But Niners fans can we just discuss the season at hand during the season? I bet you will learn a bit more about real football and less about TMZ football.

At worse I think they fall behind the Cards. I think the Rams will not catch the NIners. Still got the Niners making the Playoffs. Hawks as #1 seed. With us wining it all.

Go Hawks.

Also nothing but love Rich in case my tone seems know it all'ish, I do not. Just my take and I am glad to have heard yours. Makes me sorta happy to think there is a chance they could fall behind the Rams no matter how low percent chance I give it. Math always tricks ya.

Anyways Santa Clara for the new stadium huh? I saw some designs awhile back are they going to use the land incorporation with the stadium still? Kinda Like UW's?

Weadoption

Reaction score
Like he said, just get one first, seriously.
Nobody said anything about past rings.

Brahn

Reaction score
Weadoption":3n1ymqhy said:
Like he said, just get one first, seriously.
Nobody said anything about past rings.

Cool bro

Vandelay

Reaction score
Im a Niner fan, really enjoy talkin a bit of jive with all the Seahawks. Never bothers be to much, for the life of me im reading how your saying the NIners are having a terrible season. This is just preposterous, You guys are having an exceptional season! But to think 8-4 is not a good season is crazy. We are gonna end up 11-5 or 10-6. Yes you most likely have the division, but if were talkin recent history, you guys would be extactic with that record. The guy earlier talkin about Kap not winning the superbowl? The selective memory here is unreal. You win playoff games to get to the Superbowl. Why were you not there this past season, Its because your defense and QB choked away the opportunity to play us in the NFC title game. How soon you forget you had a lead with 30 seconds to play. This is what football is, its past present an future glory. Its why we watch an talk to our buddies about all the things we remember. Yes us NIner fans like to remember our history just as much as you like to forget yours. I still hear you all talkin about how you got screwed against the Steelers and how Tates catch was really a catch.

Any team that makes the playoffs has a chance to get hot, To say our QB is no good is just being naive. Ill take my QB with a 2-1 record to the 0-1 yours has and ill tell you this. If Russel Wilson doesnt get to the Superbowl or loses the first round your now talkin about a young Tony Romo and Matt Ryan who have great regular season but just cant quite get it done in the playoffs. Matt Ryan started turning it around. AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS!!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Vandelay":sqza5t7d said:
You win playoff games to get to the Superbowl. Why were you not there this past season, Its because your defense and QB choked away the opportunity to play us in the NFC title game. How soon you forget you had a lead with 30 seconds to play.

I forgot how Wilson fell apart during the second half of that ATL game...please enlighten us some more on how he choked that game away.

Ill take my QB with a 2-1 record to the 0-1 yours has and ill tell you this. If Russel Wilson doesnt get to the Superbowl or loses the first round your now talkin about a young Tony Romo and Matt Ryan who have great regular season but just cant quite get it done in the playoffs. Matt Ryan started turning it around. AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS!!

I guess that win in DC doesn't count as a playoff game. Also, if Wilson loses in the first round of the playoffs, I'd be concerned as to why he's on another team.

Matt Ryan started turning it around. AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS!!
Turned what around? A winning team?

Kaper nick sucks.

mikeak

Reaction score
Vandelay":2jnaejun said:
Matt Ryan started turning it around. AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS!!

Matt Ryan won his playoff games against the Hawks then lost to the 49ers......... then not doing so hot this season. Not sure what turnaround is in play here. He has some of the best WRs in the GAME and could throw it up blindfolded and it is likelier to be caught than an INT

Compared to this we put a third round pick who started as a rookie after not getting all the snaps and then played behind a beat up o-line and still won games.

A kid who already won one playoff game and carried the team back to lead against Atlanta - NOBODY will doubt him even if he loses early in the playoffs.

Get back to me when we are spending $20 million / year on him and nothing gets done year after year

mikeak

Reaction score
Has everyone seen the latest and greatest on this - LMAO

Now they are admitting that there won't be enough parking in addition to the issues getting around in the area

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ro ... 047223.php

21 000 parking spots will come from businesses around there which will NOT be available on MNF and TNF games.

My guess is they could do the double-header at the beginning of the season

From a Seahawks perspective to me - THIS IS GOOD. They will have to go on the road so we don't get a short travel week if we play them on MNF or TNF..........

I love this quote and it tells me all I need to know about the 49er organization and how self-absorbed they and their fans are

Gillmor said the 49ers have approached businesses about changing employees' hours on game days in order to clear the parking lots. "We are going to have to do some creative work with our local employers," she said.

Subzero717

Reaction score
mikeak":38u7ckdg said:
Has everyone seen the latest and greatest on this - LMAO

Now they are admitting that there won't be enough parking in addition to the issues getting around in the area

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ro ... 047223.php

21 000 parking spots will come from businesses around there which will NOT be available on MNF and TNF games.

My guess is they could do the double-header at the beginning of the season

From a Seahawks perspective to me - THIS IS GOOD. They will have to go on the road so we don't get a short travel week if we play them on MNF or TNF..........

I love this quote and it tells me all I need to know about the 49er organization and how self-absorbed they and their fans are

Gillmor said the 49ers have approached businesses about changing employees' hours on game days in order to clear the parking lots. "We are going to have to do some creative work with our local employers," she said.

No offense but hows that significantly difderent than Seattle? Seattle just say screw it and makes the city deal with it.

chris98251

Reaction score
They could do like New Jersey and demand everyone take the shuttle at 51 dollars and no drive ups. I am referenceing the rules for the Super Bowl but I could see that adopted here as well. Oh and watch the Yorks purchase a company to do the Shuttleing.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Brahn":16es0uc4 said:
lvnginhwktwn":16es0uc4 said:

Seriously?

This from the "42-13" crowd?

Seattle fans don't want to give any credit for the 5 championships. Fine. No worries. They were a long time ago.

However, the 49ers advanced as far as the Seahawks EVER have LAST YEAR. That ain't ancient history.

hawker84

Reaction score
Agreed, and all this talk is tiresome and boring, has nothing to do with 2013, that's all i care about. and when this season's done, all i'll care about is 2014 and defending our NFL championship? :mrgreen: