Sarkisian checks into rehab; USC fires him Monday

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3cuz31cj said:
I liked the part during Pat Haden's press conference where he said he still thought Sarkisian was a good coach. Yup, they're screwed if Haden is making the decision again.

I think he's a terrible head coach. But I think if he can get his life together and get himself cleaned up he's still a pretty good offensive coordinator, or QB coach.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3w0lz2op said:
I liked the part during Pat Haden's press conference where he said he still thought Sarkisian was a good coach. Yup, they're screwed if Haden is making the decision again.

He's not about to kick dirt on a guy that just got terminated for an alcohol addiction, come on.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3lfc8h57 said:
hawknation2015":3lfc8h57 said:

He's not about to kick dirt on a guy that just got terminated for an alcohol addiction, come on.

It's all an ego thing with Haden, IMO. This was his hire. I think he is still determined to make yet another hire who is a reflection of himself, another Sarkiffian-type. But we'll see. If Haden does find a competent coach, i.e. Kris Richard, there is no doubt in my mind that they will be dominant with the amount of talent of that roster.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I hope Sark is able to conquer his demons. As for the USC vacancy, I could see them going after Mike Holmgren. He's a former USC alum and seems to enjoy the process of teaching. More importantly he could bring a pro style offense to a high profile college program. This would benefit the pro game is developing better players (at least on the offensive side). There is a lack of good OL and QBs coming in from college ball to pro ball. Holmgren can help in these area while brining USC. Now whether he can work with Pat Haden is another story.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
There's literally zero chance Richard gets a look.

Mike Holmgren would be a great hire if the year were 1995.