SB54 Officiating, Game-Steering Calls Favoring KC?

chris98251

Reaction score
What they need is scale back the rules 20 years and only allow the ones for player protection, simplify and obvious, too many subjective rules these days to get wrong or interpret incorrectly.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
1---full time refs that get a reasonable but fairly low salary. Thinking maybe 40000 base. Then have an additional 40000 in bonus if they have a perfect season. Deduct 5000 for calls that are phantom, deduct 2500 for egregious missed calls. They can only lose the 40000 bonus, not their bade pay. This then sideskirts various possible lawsuits as only the 40000 is their pay. This also motivates to not only not make the wrong call, but also not miss blatant ones. Judgement on missed blown calls by an independent panel made up of maybe network employees or elected analysts. The best refs with the highest bonus amounts then are the post season refs, making an addl 1000 per game with 1000 adsl bonus available. 40000 with the option of 80000 for 16 nfl games might be high, may be low looking at the power refs weild and the income of the nfl, so those numbers could be tweaked. Just figured at 80000 that would be a decent wage, and folks would probably work pretty hard for that much seeing as it comes with a lot of downtime.

2--replay review from New York, the the ref can object to that. This way a review by New York deemed incorrect by the indecent panel but objected to by the ref will still earn the ref his bonus. If he objects, and New York is deemed correct, no bonus for the ref.

3---focus on only egriguos calls. Also calls that directly effect the gameplay (other than personal).

I think this would be a decent starting point, then tweak as necessary.

Washington49er

Reaction score
chris98251":15mtt590 said:
What they need is scale back the rules 20 years and only allow the ones for player protection, simplify and obvious, too many subjective rules these days to get wrong or interpret incorrectly.

This is true too. Football use to be a Gladiator sport, yes you could get seriously hurt, but players know that going in and get paid a shitload of money to play a game.

I'm curious to see a Dragon's game to see how the XFL handles officiating, and how their rules make the game flow.

TAB420

Reaction score
These things happen. Kind of like the no-call at the end of the Seahawks/Niners game.

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
And here I was hoping for a breakdown of some of the lesser-noticed calls and non-calls that influenced the game.
The helmet-to-helmet thing on Garoppolo seemed like a nothingburger to me. The uncalled offsides seem to be a wash, each side getting away with a couple obvious ones. The DOG non-call on SF was within the bounds of typical NFL officiating.

I was still hoping someone had a clear breakdown on the hold on Bosa on the big pass to Hill for 44 yards. It was a hold, because... the elements of NFL holding were present... which elements? Got that level of analysis for the OPI call on Kittle, in real time during the game.

rlkats

Reaction score
olyfan63":22gr5qd3 said:
And here I was hoping for a breakdown of some of the lesser-noticed calls and non-calls that influenced the game.
The helmet-to-helmet thing on Garoppolo seemed like a nothingburger to me. The uncalled offsides seem to be a wash, each side getting away with a couple obvious ones. The DOG non-call on SF was within the bounds of typical NFL officiating.

I was still hoping someone had a clear breakdown on the hold on Bosa on the big pass to Hill for 44 yards. It was a hold, because... the elements of NFL holding were present... which elements? Got that level of analysis for the OPI call on Kittle, in real time during the game.

Who really gives 2 shits. The game was called. The niners lost. It wasn't the refs fault. It was Kyle, the D and Jimmy that lost the game. I'm so GD sick of hearing about this game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
rlkats":1lr7dodm said:
olyfan63":1lr7dodm said:

Who really gives 2 $h!t. The game was called. The niners lost. It wasn't the refs fault. It was Kyle, the D and Jimmy that lost the game. I'm so GD sick of hearing about this game.

You are visiting a football fan website within a week of the biggest game of the year.

If you don't want to "hear" about the game, maybe avoid football related websites for a bit?

It's the biggest sport in America and it's fans are hungry for consistency. The refs have been a topic of conversation since TVs invented slow motion

xray

Reaction score
If the " fix is in " then why do we watch or follow at all ? I watch on the off chance that half the games might be legit . :D

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":2m4aqzvg said:
If the " fix is in " then why do we watch or follow at all ? I watch on the off chance that half the games might be legit . :D

Well people watch the WWE and our Presidential Elections also.

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
As I said... but got nothing (but didn't really like it)
I was still hoping someone had a clear breakdown on the hold on Bosa on the big pass to Hill for 44 yards. It was a hold, because... the elements of NFL holding were present... which elements?

Like the fake hold called on Sean Locklear in SBXL on the Hasselbeck completion to TE Jerramy Stevens at llike the 2 yard line, where Shaun Alexander would have run it in for the go-ahead score on the very next play, what were the elements that made that an NFL hold... or not?

We eventually had great discussion here on Success Mary, establishing that Golden Tate's GW TD catch was a *catch* by the elements that define a catch. (please keep THAT discussion in other threads) The point is, there is a rule, and a set of interpretations of the rule that officials are trained to, that the refs apply (inconsistently) in calling or not calling penalties. Why was or was it not a hold on Bosa? One blog I saw basically said that while it *looked* like a hold, it was not, that in fact the OLineman used Bosa's momentum against him, and the elements of a hold were not present.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lmfaooooo anything to justify the loss huh? You idiots choked, your qb is trash and your coach sucks with a lead in Super Bowls. Those are the facts, take your L and move on, 2nd place ass team.