OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
4freakin9":2wpqgp80 said:
austinslater25":2wpqgp80 said:
Marvin49":2wpqgp80 said:
kearly":2wpqgp80 said:
And if we had Jim Harbaugh, I'd bet we'd love him and think Pete in SF was the worst cheater ever.

Bingo.

I disagree at least in part. I know a lot of Niner fans who are growing tired of Harbaugh. His strange antics get old after a while. I also don't think we would have a Super Bowl. Harbaugh is a great coach but wouldn't work well with someone like JS.

Any 49ers fan who is tired of Harbaugh has only been a niners fan since Harbaugh showed up and they started winning games. The real fans who had to go through the ineptness of Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary could really care less about how he acts as long as he isn't doing anything morally wrong. People love to hate Harbaugh because of his "childness", but if/when he gets a title he will need to be in the discussion for best coach ever as much as it kills some people. The dude gets results in the win category wherever he has been.

Harbaugh never won a conference title at Stanford and I just can't see him winning a Super Bowl with the Niners. He had his chance and he blew it by choosing to put the fate of the game in Kaepernick's hands. Too bad, so sad.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
4freakin9":piueftio said:
austinslater25":piueftio said:
Marvin49":piueftio said:
kearly":piueftio said:
And if we had Jim Harbaugh, I'd bet we'd love him and think Pete in SF was the worst cheater ever.

Bingo.

I disagree at least in part. I know a lot of Niner fans who are growing tired of Harbaugh. His strange antics get old after a while. I also don't think we would have a Super Bowl. Harbaugh is a great coach but wouldn't work well with someone like JS.

Any 49ers fan who is tired of Harbaugh has only been a niners fan since Harbaugh showed up and they started winning games. The real fans who had to go through the ineptness of Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary could really care less about how he acts as long as he isn't doing anything morally wrong. People love to hate Harbaugh because of his "childness", but if/when he gets a title he will need to be in the discussion for best coach ever as much as it kills some people. The dude gets results in the win category wherever he has been.

Well my cousin who grew up a Niners fan (mom from the Bay Area and hates dad) doesn't care much for Harbaugh and he's been watching since the 70's. He likes the wins but will flat out tell you Jimmy gets on his nerves.

As for best coach ever it would take alot more than winning one super bowl even with his resume to date. What if he never makes the playoffs again? Then were does he fit in?

Your seeing some of the talent Jimmy inherited age and or leave. To be in the conversation as best coach ever he needs to do more than just win with a stacked team. He also needs to show he can grow talent and maintain it.

Don't get me wrong if he were to have come in and built that program from the ground up to make it the most dominant team in the NFL in just say, like 4 years and already had a 1 super bowl trophy on his resume with also being the odds on favorite to win the next one and discussions around the league and even comments from players of his biggest rival were that he was building a dynasty. Well then you might be onto something.

He would also need to be able to develop late draft picks and UDFA's to pro bowl levels and so far we haven't seen that outside of a full back which everyone knows is a joke as a pro bowl resume.

Jimmy has done a great job with the talent he has but putting him the greatest of all time discussion is just dumb. He needs to do alot more than he has so far. We may see if he stays in Santa Clara but we can't say with confidence that is even going to happen.

chris98251

Reaction score
To displace legends you need to be legendary, the only thing that is legendary to date are his on field displays and interviews or lack there of, he can't even displace Belichick or Jim Mora Senior in those as far as the interviews go.

Latest posts