Scenario: Trade for Adams, Sign Clowney, add Gordon / Brown

OP
OP
J

j.oldschool

Reaction score
Miracle #1

Come on John make me a profit!

A little heavier price than I predicted but I’m stoked about Adams.

I think it’s been shown that the most important position group in Pete’s defense is safety and now we might have the best group in the league.

Not sure what the complaining is about? We simply don’t draft early enough in the first round to get blue chip prospects that you can count on being upper tier contributors and starters. It’s too much of a crapshoot after the first half of the first round.

Would I trade 2 first round picks for an all pro entering his prime? At almost every position yes. And our defense has sorely sorely missed the BOOM it used to have.

As for Mcdougald? I liked the guy and he was solid but he’s not a difference maker, I think Adams makes everyone around him better.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Adams is a good add. Dont need ab or gordon. Want to see what Ursua, Dorsett, Moore can do. Plus all the TEs. Same on dl. Let's see what the young guys can do.

SeahawksAU

Reaction score
Add Clowney/Griffen and Flash. We will be very good. Is Clowney still realistic though? Not a heap of cap space for him.

OP
OP
J

j.oldschool

Reaction score
SeahawksAU":2810nc9w said:
Add Clowney/Griffen and Flash. We will be very good. Is Clowney still realistic though? Not a heap of cap space for him.

Griffen seems the more likely at this point, we could restructure a couple large contracts or do some other cuts but I just don’t see enough space to add Clowney as I think it takes around 10m. Where as Griff mighty get done for 4-5. That leaves room for Flash and maybe a Vet DT that gets cut somewhere else.

I’d be very happy with that. I think Flash is a lock probably although I am higher on Dorset as a 3rd wr. Love flash though and more the merrier.

godawg

Reaction score
The initial poster appears to be prophetic. I anticipate that the next big deal that goes down will be a one year with Clowney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrispy

Reaction score
Seems like any deal would be smart to happen soon.

With the price for Adams set by the Seahawks, there may be other deals that happen as a result; Yannick Ngakoue perhaps. The Jags should be able to get more for a pass rusher in his prime than the Jets got for a Safety. There is a rejuvination of rumors about the Browns dealing for Ngakoue this morning. If that's the case, it would be in a team's best interest to get a deal done with Clowney before Ngakoue re-sets market value again. Clowney's personal valuation got in the way a few times over the off-season and there's no doubt it will again if a deal for Ngakoue pushes the Khalil Mack swap and signing.

Latest posts