Schneider/Carroll Press Conferences from Indy

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Can't wait too long on the LOB, though I know they'll want to sort it out asap.

Let's hope Maxi has a fantastic market. He could net a 3rd round comp next year if so. Wondering if the talking up of Norwood has anything to do with Kearse and putting pressure on him to sign a lower deal, likewise with Lynch and mentioning the strong RB class. Of course, I didn't listen to it so could be way off.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":2yslofud said:
We're likely going to have 11 draft picks and that's typically where JS likes to stay. Usually he has to trade down a few times to get that many but we have that many to start with this year.

There's several intriguing prospects that may fall to 31 and if they do, I think he sticks and picks otherwise he trades down. There's a lot of value to be had for trading down from a first round pick.

On a side note, a few of the ones he may stick and pick with may be a RB (Gordon or Gurley), a big WR (Funchess or DGB) or a OL (Collins, etc).

They can likely find a CB in the later rounds 4-6 no problem.

I think he sticks in the 11-12 range, but if he can stack picks, he may use them to move up in later rounds, and possibly to add something to next year's draft. Although as you say, and I agree, if the right player is available at 31 they could go for it without worry.

jblaze

Reaction score
Agreed. One thing is sure, this draft is crucial to maintaining our championship caliber roster. We're likely going to field 9-10 rookies on the 53 man roster this year and we need that cheap labor with all these big contracts!

JS and team got started on the draft board and free agency early this year, I expect big things!

JonRud

Reaction score
JS is on Sirius NFL Radio right now for anyone who has it.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think this will be a great draft for the Seahawks.

I think the Seahawks will trade out of that 1st round pick... And pick up another high 4th and 5th round pick maybe a 3rd round pick at best.

I lot of great players will still be available in that 35-40 range.

I also feel this will be an aggressive draft to add lowcost offensive talent.

I almost expect JS to trade the 2016 1st round pick for a 2nd Round pick in the 40-45 range... Again a lot of great players are going to be available in that 2nd round and this team is desperate for immediate offensive talent.

A thought was like '16 1st + McDaniel to Atlanta for #42 pick.

If this was a premeditated deal Atlanta could even trade down in the first to add more picks.

That 2-5th round range is going to have a lot of great WR/RB talent.

It would be the perfect draft to be sitting pretty with:

2-3 2nd Rounders
1-2 3rd Rounders
2-4 4th Rounders
2-4 5th Rounders

Hell maybe ATL would trade that #42 for Christine Michael and Tony McDaniel with like a conditional '16 4th-6th round pick depending on what CM does. Not a bad trade off for Michael in that case.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2qg11owz said:
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/John-Schneider-Combine-press-conference/27fd80dd-be68-4028-85e1-8adea46d63b6[/urltargetblank]

I am watching it now. Not sure how long he spoke but this video is about 16 minutes long

I'm not sure why, but .com seems to have removed this from the site. Seems pretty odd. I don't think I've ever seen that happen to a full press conference before.

For anyone who didn't get a chance to listen, the News Tribune Blog has a transcript that includes some post press conference quotes as well. You can read here:

[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2015/02/19/entire-transcript-of-gm-john-schneider-today-at-nfl-combine-including-off-stage-comments-on-lane-thomas-surgeries/[/urltargetblank]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I think there is a messed up situation on the .COM site. It is back on there now. Maybe there is a different kind of draft going on the .COM site too???? :shock:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1a4iy7nr said:
I think there is a messed up situation on the .COM site. It is back on there now. Maybe there is a different kind of draft going on the .COM site too???? :shock:

Still not showing up at seahawks.com for me. Either way, it's out there and I did get to see it. I'm now ready and waiting to hear Pete speak today.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete's Combine Press Conference is scheduled for Noon PST. Not sure if it's on .com but it is supposed to be on NFL NOW streaming.

You will be able to find it here:

[urltargetblank]http://now.nfl.com/live[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Synopsis

Discussed the movement of defensive coaches in his system. Said they are still working on a couple spots on defensive coaches. Still to be determined.

Spoke a bit on his history and gave props to Norton. Said he hates to lose him, but wishes him the best.

on plusses of hybrid pass rushers. Said it started a ways back. Mentioned Niners and Seiffert. Said it's a become a position of prominence. Outside backer that can rush or rusher who can drop. Players in the 250 lb range. Mentioned guys like Cushing and Matthews from his college days.

On Losing coaches and replenishing...said hopefully we replenish it really well. Said he felt we've been growing our own for a long time. Says they grow within the system and the guys continue to step up. Said they are committed to the philosophy. Said new guys bring special qualities and we look forward to that growth and the evolution it brings.

Spoke a bit on looking for pass rushers. Said the college game is less sophisticated. Called the position a great art. Most difficult to fill. Said it takes a unique type of guy to fill that role. Called Bruce a great example. Said he believes he's going to be a great factor.

On his psyche after XLIX...said as an organization we were already well underway into the off season process, so they are full on into forging on. Called our situation notable. Said there's a lot to learn from and grow from. We have a responsibility to be accountable, not fixing blame. Things have been dealt with and we are moving on. We are focused on continuing to charge forward. It's an exciting time and we have an exciting football team.

(announcements in the background are annoying)

On Lynch. Said we are excited about the future. Said we'd like to move swiftly. He's held such a big role in this team in his time here.

On losing Cliff to concussion protocol and Edelman never leaving the game. Said we need to continue to find the right ways and right consistency in how these things are taken care of. Said there's always room for improvement. Said he doesn't know what happened on the sideline on either side, said the doctors take care of all that.

Said we are always on the lookout for players who can do multiple things, but that isn't really the standard. Many guys do one thing so well that is all you may have them do.

Once the game is over we must move forward the same way whether we win or whether we lose. Said we have a strong philosophy and that we will continue to compete. How we respond we will see. He doesn't know what will happen but he knows how we'll go about it.

On his philosophy of mental conditioning coach on staff....Said it's a bigger philosophy than that. Said his approach is to find every way to help make the players the best they can be. It would be a huge mistake to ignore the mental side of things.

What makes Norton ready to be a DC. Said he is willing to take on whatever is out there. Really loads up on the props that he had given earlier in the previous question.

Wishes Harbaugh the best of luck at Michigan. Said he gave them some great games as the Niners coach.

That's it. Now back to your regularly scheduled off season

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":q4cs6aey said:
Seahawkfan80":q4cs6aey said:

Still not showing up at seahawks.com for me. Either way, it's out there and I did get to see it. I'm now ready and waiting to hear Pete speak today.

On .COM....... Page one, a little way down in Featured Videos. Not on the video dropdown menu or the video page. No sign of Pete. I shall wait on the latest scoop. And they shall probably put Coach's Presser on the same front page Featured Videos menu too. I would expect them to anyway after everyone else has dissected it for us to chew what they want us to. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2ose2fyv said:
kidhawk":2ose2fyv said:
Seahawkfan80":2ose2fyv said:

On .COM....... Page one, a little way down in Featured Videos. Not on the video dropdown menu or the video page. No sign of Pete. I shall wait on the latest scoop. And they shall probably put Coach's Presser on the same front page Featured Videos menu too. I would expect them to anyway after everyone else has dissected it for us to chew what they want us to. :stirthepot:

Looks like they are just linking to the NFL NOW broadcast. It's silly that they seem to be not allowing the team to post the interview on their pages as well. Guess that's one way to get more hits to their site.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Video of the presser is up on .com (at least for now)

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-NFL-Scouting-Combine-Press-Conference/4fa1be78-8d5f-4f27-b0d0-d00d316ed040[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Transcript of Pete's press conference today

[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2015/02/20/transcript-of-what-pete-carroll-said-on-marshawn-lynch-and-more-at-nfl-combine-podium/[/urltargetblank]

Latest posts