Schneider on KJR

LTH

Reaction score
kidhawk":1bg4o4zh said:
LTH":1bg4o4zh said:
I think the question of Mebane's health is a legitiamte one...the Hawks are not talking about it...because of that, the question of is there going to be player movement at that position is legitimate...

LTH

the fact that y ou feel that it's a legitimate question is exactly why there's no reason to answer the question. If there's a chance that we could be looking to fill that position and he answers the question honestly, that would let other teams know what we are doing with the position. Even if we have no plans to make any changes whatsoever, if you opponent thinks you are, then you are winning. The name of the game is misdirection and every team tries to play that game this time of the year.

and so you think because Richardson is a rook and that because his ACL typically is a 50/50 shot at the pup list that it ok to talk about the WR position? is that your point?

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
I mean if your playing the misdirection game why not be consistant with all positions... what I heard JS say was they needed to address the position.... and then He genralized the comment to every position... what does it mean to me? it means that They are more willing to talk about things they are not worried about than things they are worried about... am I right ? I dont know but its something to watch...

LTH

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The question about Mebane was more about if he's going to be a cap casualty, which Schneider isn't going to answer. Richardson may take a while to recover, but he's not going to be cut. They are different issues.

kidhawk

Reaction score
LTH":1j688zk1 said:
I mean if your playing the misdirection game why not be consistant with all positions... what I heard JS say was they needed to address the position.... and then He genralized the comment to every position... what does it mean to me? it means that They are more willing to talk about things they are not worried about than things they are worried about... am I right ? I dont know but its something to watch...

LTH

John and Pete pretty much address every position, every off season, even if it's only for camp fodder. As I said earlier, he isn't going to say anything about any player that isn't already a known fact. He was asked about Mebane, but if he'd asked the same question about any player who we may nor may not cut, he'd give the same answer. The thing here, is not to read into the answer about a specific player, because his answer truly was to tell them that he wasn't going to talk about any player status with the team which anyone outside of our front office may be wondering about. Let them wonder until we do whatever it is we have planned (even if that's nothing at all)

OP
OP
B

Bprez3

Reaction score
The last line of questioning (relating to Suh) was combatitve and felt awkward even to listen to.

LTH

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":8n20dwo0 said:
The question about Mebane was more about if he's going to be a cap casualty, which Schneider isn't going to answer. Richardson may take a while to recover, but he's not going to be cut. They are different issues.

Oh... I didnt take it that way... when I listened to the Mebane questions the 2nd time I thought Levy was trying to set up JS for the Suh question...

LTH

kidhawk

Reaction score
LTH":1esgrudo said:
Hawkstorian":1esgrudo said:

Oh... I didnt take it that way... when I listened to the Mebane questions the 2nd time I thought Levy was trying to set up JS for the Suh question...

LTH

He may have been, but as you can tell by the end of the interview, Schneider wasn't going to touch that with a 10 foot pole, and rightfully so

LTH

Reaction score
kidhawk":3168ik2y said:
LTH":3168ik2y said:
Hawkstorian":3168ik2y said:

LTH

He may have been, but as you can tell by the end of the interview, Schneider wasn't going to touch that with a 10 foot pole, and rightfully so

No he was not...But I really liked the way Levy set up the question...

I still am not convinced that Mebane is ok but your points are legit...

kidhawk

Reaction score
LTH":1z8oogwq said:
kidhawk":1z8oogwq said:
LTH":1z8oogwq said:
Hawkstorian":1z8oogwq said:

LTH

No he was not...But I really liked the way Levy set up the question...

I still am not convinced that Mebane is ok but your points are legit...

I wasn't trying to convince you at all. Mebane may be a cap casualty, although I hope not. This game is a business. We lost Clemons and Bryant (2 of my favorites) last year because of "the plan". We move forward each year. The guessing games are what keep the off season interesting, and yet can drive you completely insane all at the same time

LTH

Reaction score
I didnt take it as you were trying to convince me... and your logic makes since...but we will see what happens...I can see how my perception would not make since to you... well see...

LTH

cacksman

Reaction score
gowazzu02":jkmclop7 said:
LTH":jkmclop7 said:
I luv the way Mitch ask's the tough question... this guy is like the probowl QB radio guy! LOL

Totally disagree. I hate Mitch, he just loves to hear himself talk. I dont want to ruin it for you but if you listen to him you will notice he always says the same thing like 5 times/ 5 different ways, its so annoying.

So JS, How is PRich recovering? His injury was totally gruesome, is he coming along well? He was definately missed when he was out the last two games, do you think he'll be ready for OTAs? This offense can definately use him, is his recovery on time? Tell us about richardson wont you. How about an update on Paul...........

I've pretty much only listened to him on that interview, and it was painful. The man does not deserve to interview Schneider.