Scouting the Broncos...

jake206

Reaction score
So it begins...even for a preseason game. This should be an interesting one. Broncos vs. Seahawks. Looks like their first rounder is having a good mini camp...Cody Latimer. To think we could've drafted him instead of Richardson, should make for an interesting comparison. Rosters also a bit different with several new players: Aqib Talib, TJ Ward, Demarcus Ware and Emmanuel Sanders.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I remember thoroughly enjoying the way Seahawks manhandled the Broncos and flustered their QBs in last year's meaningless preseason match-up, and I look forward to similar in this Thursday night's meaningless preseason match-up.

kearly

Reaction score
Latimer is talented and will make a very good #2 WR some day. As a prospect he reminded me a ton of Michael Floyd.

Seattle should win this preseason game on the strength of their backups, but I'm kind of worried about some of our crappy Z-string OTs getting killed after being forced into action. Sounds like Britt is unlikely to play, and Bowie is gone of course.

They are going to be without Ball, which might be a good thing for Denver in the long run, but bad if they want to win this preseason game.

General Manager

Reaction score
It's preseason I just want to see them move the ball consistently on offense and above all come out of Denver healthy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
My 2 things I want to see, guys get in some good work, and more importantly STAY healthy! I really don't care if they win, but it would shut up the dorky donk fans for a bit, if they did.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2t8u5cpq said:
If we're going to exploit these guys, I suggest starting by breaking down film of their last game.

Yeah, that's crucial to our success...hopefully we were able to get that film and secrets from the last team they played.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
First game of pre-season is really just a battle of the 2nd and 3rd stringers. Lots of pressure on Brock Osweiler to show he's QBOTF material for Denver.

I expect a tougher fight than last year's game, but ultimately another victory (not that it matters). For Denver, this will be an ego-driven game. There's a lot of Bronco's still mad at the ass whooping they got in the Super Bowl.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3n2mgh6r said:
...For Denver, this will be an ego-driven game. There's a lot of Bronco's still mad at the ass whooping they got in the Super Bowl.

U mad Bronc?

minormillikin

Reaction score
I find it a bit lame that we play the Broncos in the preseason right after playing them in the Super Bowl. It's bad enough that we have AFC West opponents in the preseason and then again in the regular season.

Whatever...

We're on a long streak of preseason victories, so for that I'm rooting for our third-stringers to beat their third stringers. Plus, a 23-0 season is alluring.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2ga0tlo9 said:
Cheap shots will be coming our way. Hopefully our important guys play very little to none.
Hope that all our guys have their heads on a swivel when they get near TJ Ward.

Ward has been focal about bring toughness to the Donkeys ever since he was signed... and the guy's dumb enough to try to prove it tomorrow night.

Of course, this assumes that Ward plays tomorrow night.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
jake206":kghk0tqe said:
So it begins...even for a preseason game. This should be an interesting one. Broncos vs. Seahawks. Looks like their first rounder is having a good mini camp...Cody Latimer. To think we could've drafted him instead of Richardson, should make for an interesting comparison. Rosters also a bit different with several new players: Aqib Talib, TJ Ward, Demarcus Ware and Emmanuel Sanders.
Based on reported training camp injuries, I'll be surprised if we see Talib, Ware or Sanders tomorrow night.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":x3kex3kp said:
Cheap shots will be coming our way. Hopefully our important guys play very little to none.
First thing I thought. Wilson better hand off a few times, then take a seat. Miller and Ware stand a great chance of getting to Wilson otherwise.

After that first series or two, I do not care one bit about the score, I just hope we can mount enough offense to get a look at some players. Glorified practice.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I just hope to see some good play from our backups and NO INJURIES for either side.

We should however prepare ourselves for the post game media:

If donkeys win or close game, we here all about how much they improved and how great they are going to be this year.

If we issue another beat down, "....it was just the first pre season game, no worries."

kpak76

Reaction score
I want to Hawks to curb stomp these bastards for my own personal reasons. I really just want to shut some of that fanbase up and really pour salt on their wounds. They way they talk on their message boards they seriously need it. It's like the entire 2013 season happened but the Superbowl. You hear some of them saying that it was just one game, or we had an injury decimated team out there etc. I wouldn't mind another 40-10 preseason drubbing like last year so I can see a little more of their fanbase lose heart for that pathetic team. Of course the truly homerish of the bunch over there will just say hey it's only preseason. Week 3 will be a different tale.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think the kid from Montana (Brock Coyle) may start in Wagners place and that will be interesting.

I am looking forward to what Marsh can do too.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Largent80":1iddz1ub said:
I think the kid from Montana (Brock Coyle) may start in Wagners place and that will be interesting.

I am looking forward to what Marsh can do too.

Marsh is the one guy I'm most excited to see in action. Followed closely by Richardson, Simon and Michael.

Latest posts