Seahawk fans outside Seattle

dunceface

Reaction score
Born and raised in Olympia, been in San Diego for 6 years now
Used to live over by the SD river in ocean beach and had my Hawks flag flyin high in my big window that looked out over the river
Any of my friends will tell you that I have always been the type that always has some type of Seattle sports team gear on but since our new jersey came out and New Era got the NFL contract there's been a lot of dope gear and a lot of good reasons to keep it mainly Hawks (even in the off season) GO HAWKS!!!!!!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Born in Tacoma, WA!

Live in: Boca Raton, FL!

FLORIDA HAWK!!!!!!

The Delf

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":3glkbz5e said:
So without the bombardment of US marketing towards the sport and the teams.....

1) Why the sport?

2) Why the Seahawks?

Hawk from Herne, a "small" Town in Nordrhein Westfalen, west Germany
Seems to fit on me as well. I'm new to this sport with the 2013 season. Simple put, Football is nearly not existing over here, but the last Superb Owl (live in TV) awakened my interest for this sport. As a result, I read up on the basics, watched some older games and in the end, had the Hawks as my team of choice. Sometimes it's hard, games run with a +9 hour time difference, but who needs to sleep anyway ? :mrgreen:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Delf":2c2ykthi said:
SeahawksEast":2c2ykthi said:
So without the bombardment of US marketing towards the sport and the teams.....

1) Why the sport?

2) Why the Seahawks?

Hawk from Herne, a "small" Town in Nordrhein Westfalen, west Germany
Seems to fit on me as well. I'm new to this sport with the 2013 season. Simple put, Football is nearly not existing over here, but the last Superb Owl (live in TV) awakened my interest for this sport. As a result, I read up on the basics, watched some older games and in the end, had the Hawks as my team of choice. Sometimes it's hard, games run with a +9 hour time difference, but who needs to sleep anyway ? :mrgreen:
Exactly. :th2thumbs:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":34hm4exk said:
IndyHawk":34hm4exk said:
South Bend,IN...As far this site goes I'm probaly the only fan in this area(Colts/Bears) country..From Vashon,Island(1970-82) So Hawk fan from start..Watched the game with 2 friends ..1 a big Peyton fan
and the other is a 49er fan..Both had their mouths open in shock from the start and were quiet as I ever heard from both in years..It was great to be watching a Super Bowl that meant something more to me than
some bet on who wins ect..I'll never again hear "The Sea Chickens will never win a Super Bowl" :icon_new:

Cool story. I was at a party in good ole Southwestern Michigan amongst mainly Lions fans. There was one Raider fan there. Everyone was saying Denver was gonna win. I just smiled and said "Defense wins championships". I also pointed out how special our young QB is. Every jaw was dropped. All I could say was, "I Told Y'all". Major props came from the Raider fan though. He said the team reminded him of the early 80's Raiders but better(mostly cause of Seattle's QB). My good friends were really happy for me and I told them all to NEVER give up on their Lions cause when they do win a Lombardi, they will know exactly how I am feeling after all these years.
Nice story from your end also..I said the exact same thing for 2 weeks"defense wins championships"but everyone seemed to shrug that off until after the game started..I actually liked the lions a little,a team with blue that plays in a dome that doesn't win big most years..Kind of like our old Seahawks from the Kingdome years..

seahawks-in-qc

Reaction score
From Quebec, Canada.

Went to the home opener for my first game in Seattle: it was crazy.

I hesitated a lot to go to the SB but my finances were not with me

osprey6

Reaction score
Born and raised in Pittsburgh, still work there. It's wonderful to be with such a clueless bunch of yinzers in this bucolic, depressing 'burgh.

"Hey, who is number 12 on the Seahawks?"

"What do you mean you're not from Seattle?"

"The Midwest Seahawkers? This isn't the midwest."

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
I feel ya'll. I moved from Mill Creek, WA out to Kailua, HI (and subsequently Honolulu) a little over 2 years ago. It's been bitter sweet watching from afar all the success this team has had since I left the area. Streaming all the non-nationally televised Hawks games over the internet has been painful...

I had to fly back home Superbowl weekend this last weekend to share the experience with my family, and all the local Hawks fans in the great northwest. I'm SO glad I did! What a cool experience to see all the 12th Man flags, Seahawks gear, etc - while around town. Airports while traveling home were surreal.

What a great time!

HawkEye

Reaction score
Mexico City.

We lived in Seattle in 1976. My father worked as a graphic designer for the group that bought the team, so I was lucky enough to see the Hawks from day one.

We moved back to Mexico in 1985, but I never lost my love for the team.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
Grew up in Lynnwood. Live in Kansas now. Right in the middle of Bronco, Chief and Cowboy fans. That being said, thank God for Chief fans!!