Seahawk fans outside Seattle

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Lake Taupo, NZ.

Being a fan of any sports team without any real connection is hard I find, don't get me wrong I spend my evenings on here, .com, following all the links posted & watching the games about 6 hours delayed every Monday evening. But when there are only a hand full of people in my town that I know of who understand the game, who semi follow teams who aren't the Hawks its a bit of a lonely fanship.
So it was golden when I went to the sports bar in town (where the usuals above who only come out for the big one were & all supporting the Broncos I might add) To find a traveller with all his belongings getting ready to catch a bus that evening, to the airport for a flight back to... Seattle!
To sit and watch the biggest game in franchise history, go down the way it did, with a fellow 12 & Seattle native was amazing, it was a little connection to the Hawks that made XLVIII all the more sweeter.

ScouseSeahawk

Reaction score
Liverpool,UK here. Only really got into NFL a couple of years ago but it looks like I picked the right team! Here's to more lombardis sooner rather than later. Unbelievable

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
ScouseSeahawk":fifi1iv4 said:
Liverpool,UK here. Only really got into NFL a couple of years ago but it looks like I picked the right team! Here's to more lombardis sooner rather than later. Unbelievable

So without the bombardment of US marketing towards the sport and the teams.....

1) Why the sport?

2) Why the Seahawks?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
South Bend,IN...As far this site goes I'm probaly the only fan in this area(Colts/Bears) country..From Vashon,Island(1970-82) So Hawk fan from start..Watched the game with 2 friends ..1 a big Peyton fan
and the other is a 49er fan..Both had their mouths open in shock from the start and were quiet as I ever heard from both in years..It was great to be watching a Super Bowl that meant something more to me than
some bet on who wins ect..I'll never again hear "The Sea Chickens will never win a Super Bowl" :icon_new:

Largent80

Reaction score
ScouseSeahawk":2nhylz4v said:

That is friggin awesome bro.

ScouseSeahawk

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":4jvw85sm said:
ScouseSeahawk":4jvw85sm said:

1) Why the sport?

2) Why the Seahawks?

Probably the help of the games in london, and to be honest I don't really know why the seahawks. Probably the whole idea of the 12th man, as it really is awesome

Zorn Fan

Reaction score
Born and raised in San Diego, been a fan since Zorn was QB. Now living in Joplin MO where I represent loud and proud!!

I was also just on the news before the SB, along with my Broncos fan brother, who lives here too. Haven't heard from him since the 3rd quarter last Sunday!

http://www.fox14tv.com/story/24596418/s ... I.facebook

IndianaHawkFan3

Reaction score
Hey Indyhawk........ south bend here also!!!!! You are not alone! There is always a remnant! Born in Tacoma. Went to wazzu! Moved to south bend for anon in TV... met my wife. Had kids..... been a hawks fan since 1976!!!!!! See Y private message...... gohawks!!!!!!

DFWHawkFan

Reaction score
Dallas, TX, originally from Gig Harbor. Hawk fan since I can remember. When not enjoying the Hawks, I enjoy watching the Cowboys organization flounder and the ridiculousness of Jerrah. I love the fact that PA is a hands off owner and lets Pete and Schneider run the show.

45Hawker

Reaction score
New Orleans. Raised and lived in Seattle for about 25 years.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
bighawk":2bqlysxh said:
Wow I am on cloud 9 :179417: I wish could have been there to enjoy it all I live in North Carolina and I have been a seahawks fan for 32 years. I love this team and I love all seahawks fans we did it baby we are Super Bowl champs. I just wanted to shout to everyone that doesn't have the privilege to live in Seattle that there are seahawk fan outside of Seattle. Go Hawks! Russell Wilson came up through the ranks here in North Carolina! :0190l:

I've renamed this feeling "Cloud 48". I'm in Los Angeles and a friend of mine has organized the most awesome of fan groups that travels to games and has an "official" Seahawks bar so I do get to be around Seahawks fans when I want. Plus family down in San Diego. Still, when I went up there for the Tennessee game, the feeling of being one of the many was so welcoming and pure. I will definitely be going up for a game, going to the AZ game again, and then back to AZ to the SB if we make it. I'm already putting aside money for that, though I've spent a lot to buy gear for myself and my family. ButI'm also receiving gifts, like a pristine Seattle Times from my brother who's lucky enough to live up there in Shoreline.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Vancouver BC so Seattle is our NFL hometeam. Followed them since '77 thru the few ups and the many downs. Sunday was one of the greatest days of my life. This week has been awesome. I took the day off this week and watched the game over and over then I watched NFL Network.

I wasn't the only one. One of the sports radio stations here said last week that there were more Seahawks fans in Vancouver right now than Canucks. That's damn right unpatriotic in these here parts... but it's true.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":q16rgj3o said:
South Bend,IN...As far this site goes I'm probaly the only fan in this area(Colts/Bears) country..From Vashon,Island(1970-82) So Hawk fan from start..Watched the game with 2 friends ..1 a big Peyton fan
and the other is a 49er fan..Both had their mouths open in shock from the start and were quiet as I ever heard from both in years..It was great to be watching a Super Bowl that meant something more to me than
some bet on who wins ect..I'll never again hear "The Sea Chickens will never win a Super Bowl" :icon_new:

Cool story. I was at a party in good ole Southwestern Michigan amongst mainly Lions fans. There was one Raider fan there. Everyone was saying Denver was gonna win. I just smiled and said "Defense wins championships". I also pointed out how special our young QB is. Every jaw was dropped. All I could say was, "I Told Y'all". Major props came from the Raider fan though. He said the team reminded him of the early 80's Raiders but better(mostly cause of Seattle's QB). My good friends were really happy for me and I told them all to NEVER give up on their Lions cause when they do win a Lombardi, they will know exactly how I am feeling after all these years.

PowellHawk

Reaction score
Vancouver BC so Seattle is our NFL hometeam. Followed them since '77 thru the few ups and the many downs. Sunday was one of the greatest days of my life. This week has been awesome. I took the day off this week and watched the game over and over then I watched NFL Network.

I wasn't the only one. One of the sports radio stations here said last week that there were more Seahawks fans in Vancouver right now than Canucks. That's damn right unpatriotic in these here parts... but it's true.

True enough Northhawk, #12North is huge up here! There are also hundreds (perhaps even thousands) of seasons ticket holders in Canada.
I have followed the Hawks from the beginning ('76). Go Hawks!

Njhawkboss

Reaction score
I live 15 minutes away from MetLife couldn't be any happier that they did it in my city!!!

HawksSoc

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":uhl9fr3a said:
ScouseSeahawk":uhl9fr3a said:

1) Why the sport?

2) Why the Seahawks?

As someone in a similar boat, started watching the sport randomly and loved it (soccer is god fricking awful) about 7 years back. Decided I needed a team, so stuck on whatever the latest madden game was at the time, like Madden 07, clicked random team, up pops the Hawks, haven't looked back since. Have been repping my ET jersey with pride.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's awesome I live in the epicenter of Chief Kingdom and you know you arrived when my workplace asked me to wear my gear before and after Sunday just to take a picture.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Born and raised in the little towns of Tonasket and Loomis, Washington. Moved to the Bay Area outside of San Jose and spent the '90s suffering through the 49ers era. Have been in SoCal (Temecula) now for about 10 years. Both my kids (born in San Jose) are Hawks fans and even converted my wife who was raised by a Raider fan dad... doin' my part to cleanse the world.