Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch opening up ‘Beast Mode’ store in Oa

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Scotte is correct:

https://www.beastmodeonline.com/collect ... re-t-shirt

"Lynch already has a history of success in selling merchandise. His hoodies, shirts and hats flew off the rack last year when Lynch wore his apparel during the infamous Super Bowl media session in which he answered every question with "I'm here so I won't get fined." His pop-up store brought in $200,000 in three days. The sarcastic response even has its own shirt in the store.

Chris Bevans runs Lynch's label and told ESPN last year he is optimistic about the brand's future.

"If we do this right, Beast Mode could be doing $50 million in sales within the next five years," Bevans said.

A percentage of Lynch's opening day sale proceeds will go to Lynch's Fam 1st Family Foundation. "

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/46 ... ahawks-nfl

mrt144

Reaction score
Rocket":3o2jd213 said:
mrt144":3o2jd213 said:
I bet you don't understand the appeal of rap music either, yet here we are in 2016.
You lost.
Uniqueness and communication, imho. The message is in the words as it has been since long before anyone here, the rhythm is a classic accompaniment.
I prefer more melody in the vocals myself, but I see the appeal. You'd have to be deaf not to. Then again, much of the accompaniment is actually felt viscerally and not heard, so the deaf can appreciate it as well.

So why can't you apply this kind of thinking to a clothing brand that has a team working to produce visually appealing merchandise?

Rocket

Reaction score
mrt144":1dv0m5i6 said:
Rocket":1dv0m5i6 said:
mrt144":1dv0m5i6 said:
I bet you don't understand the appeal of rap music either, yet here we are in 2016.
You lost.
Uniqueness and communication, imho. The message is in the words as it has been since long before anyone here, the rhythm is a classic accompaniment.
I prefer more melody in the vocals myself, but I see the appeal. You'd have to be deaf not to. Then again, much of the accompaniment is actually felt viscerally and not heard, so the deaf can appreciate it as well.

So why can't you apply this kind of thinking to a clothing brand that has a team working to produce visually appealing merchandise?
I believe I just did. I didn't do it the way you wanted, but I did it. I like Sherman's stuff, he incorporates the team colors and has recognizable images. Lynch does neither.
It's called marketing.
He paid good money to produce a bio movie in which he starred. It plopped, no real movie people on board. I believe the same general approach came up with the angular BM. Hell, if he played for the Colorado Rockies I could see it, but I believe that sports figures need to reference their team... unless they're part of the Nike Brand - then you reference the swoosh.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it makes him a shit-ton of money. I just don't see it here.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":1oy4g5np said:
scutterhawk":1oy4g5np said:
Kennedyin92":1oy4g5np said:
ZagHawk":1oy4g5np said:
I respect that Marshawn loves his hometown, but I will admit it's a bummer that it seems like he never really adopted Seattle to be his home like some of our other major star players. If/when he is no longer a Hawk, I highly doubt he is ever seen around Seattle again.

If you moved somewhere else, would you adopt that city as your hometown in lieu of Seattle?

You mean the one that wisped you away from mediocrity in a Buffalo Bills Uni, and helped put you on the map? :roll:

If I understand this correctly, you're implying that the Seahawks put Marshawn Lynch on the map?

I beg to differ and think maybe it was the other way around. Considering they were a run-first team when they went to back-to-back superbowls and Marshawn was pretty much the one doing the running.

Not to mention those two times he caused an earthquake....

Not arguing his ability to light it up both on an off the field, but he was going Nowhere with the Bills, and VERY LIKELY wouldn't have been in the spotlight that's shining on him at this time, if it weren't for Pete & Co. set the stage for him to perform, and show his stuff.
It's a symbiosis, but it needed a catalyst.

timmat

Reaction score
The challenge the brand will face is remaining relevant after Marshawn's playing days are over. Many athletes have had successful product lines while they are successful on the field. But as soon as they are no longer in the spotlight as a player, interest in their product line fades.

One thing that this line has going for it is that the phrase 'BeastMode' is working it's way into pop culture, with people saying things like "I'm going to go BeastMode on this remodel", etc. The term has started to mean really attacking something or being hyper focused on a task. They'd be smart to focus on the BeastMode phrase branding, and ween themselves from things like "I'm just hear so I won't get fined", where interest is sure to fade once Marshawn is out of the limelight of the NFL.

mrt144

Reaction score
Rocket":yorjhr9r said:
mrt144":yorjhr9r said:
Rocket":yorjhr9r said:
mrt144":yorjhr9r said:
You lost.

I believe I just did. I didn't do it the way you wanted, but I did it. I like Sherman's stuff, he incorporates the team colors and has recognizable images. Lynch does neither.
It's called marketing.
He paid good money to produce a bio movie in which he starred. It plopped, no real movie people on board. I believe the same general approach came up with the angular BM. Hell, if he played for the Colorado Rockies I could see it, but I believe that sports figures need to reference their team... unless they're part of the Nike Brand - then you reference the swoosh.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it makes him a shit-ton of money. I just don't see it here.

Youre still looking at it from the perspective that because you don't value Lynch's public image and latent charisma and evaluate player branding on a specific set of criteria relatied to sport ,other people won't either and it's doomed to instant failure. His attitude absolutely transcends his relationship to the Seahawks. BEASTMODE isn't going to be the next air Jordan but i wouldn't say being less successful than Jordan makes something foolish or doomed

Rocket

Reaction score
mrt144":1u6iyrfp said:
Youre still looking at it from the perspective that because you don't value Lynch's public image and latent charisma and evaluate player branding on a specific set of criteria relatied to sport ,other people won't either and it's doomed to instant failure. His attitude absolutely transcends his relationship to the Seahawks. BEASTMODE isn't going to be the next air Jordan but i wouldn't say being less successful than Jordan makes something foolish or doomed
Are you used to people always agreeing with you???
He's got truckloads of charisma, but a type that isn't universal. Me, I love the guy. I believe that his failure to go lime is a mistake. I believe his logo, designed by "his friend", is ineffective. I didn't bring up Jordan, I was responding to a specific example.
Why are you so bothered by my dumb-assed opinion?? You do know that arguing over differing opinions is pretty futile, right? Or do you have Beast Mode underwear with stains?

mrt144

Reaction score
Rocket":2j0ywzxg said:
mrt144":2j0ywzxg said:
Are you used to people always agreeing with you???
He's got truckloads of charisma, but a type that isn't universal. Me, I love the guy. I believe that his failure to go lime is a mistake. I believe his logo, designed by "his friend", is ineffective. I didn't bring up Jordan, I was responding to a specific example.
Why are you so bothered by my dumb-assed opinion?? You do know that arguing over differing opinions is pretty futile, right? Or do you have Beast Mode underwear with stains?

Stop searching through my private collection of underwear :p

Rocket

Reaction score
Sorry, I was wrong to look for evidence.
I am truly sorry for what I done.
Please don't let the Gimp out of his box, please.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":2ll5xtwe said:
ZagHawk":2ll5xtwe said:
I respect that Marshawn loves his hometown, but I will admit it's a bummer that it seems like he never really adopted Seattle to be his home like some of our other major star players. If/when he is no longer a Hawk, I highly doubt he is ever seen around Seattle again.

If you moved somewhere else, would you adopt that city as your hometown in lieu of Seattle?

Yeah. I'm not from the Seattle area originally. In fact i'm from Guam, born and raised. Been in the Seattle-Area for about 8 of my 32 years, 12 years total in WA state. I've grown to love Seattle and the Pac-NW and have adopted it as my home. Home is where the heart is, and what I'm saying is, it's just a bummer that for as much as the city of Seattle loves Marshawn, I don't think think the feeling is that mutual. Just saying, as soon as his career is over, we're probably never going to see him around Seattle again vs some of the other former Seattle stars who have stuck in the area and we'll continue to see time time at Touch down city and random Seahawk events, etc.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Marshawn's heart is in Oakland and always has been. I don't doubt he appreciates Seattle, but he wants to make a difference for the kids of Oakland and that city needs him. I also think his brand will have a very good chance of remaining relevant in the Bay Area because he's from there, went to college there and has always made it clear that it's his home.

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Had a chance to check out the Beast Mode store in Oakland today. Nice high end boutique feel to the place, but strangest vibe ever. Several large hotel lobby style couches (St Regis material) with gentlemen that looked like they'd been sitting there for hours (note: they were not employees). They all had dreads and their eyes were red (pink eye I believe). One gentleman was yelling on his cellular phone "that no credit was ever needed" because this gentleman, and his apparent crew "had paper". The hustle was indeed alive and well up in this establishment. They all kind of stared at me as I pranced about like a fish out of water at all the BM shwag. I didn't care though, in fact it made the shopping experience that much more appropriate and enjoyable. Anyway, his affiliation with the Hawks still alive and well. Large Hawk shrine right as you walk in comprised of Money Lynch flat Seahawks flat bills. Tons of Hawks colored socks, hats, shirts, etc. Also had a ton of cool Stuff relevant to (his) home--from shwag in Raider/9er colors to a highlight real of him tearing it up at Oakland Tech on the big screen. Just hit me today how much I'm going to miss this dude on our team...by far my favorite player of all time. Definitely worth checking out. Thank you Oaktown for sharing your gem to create Seattle's most magical run thus far.

BuZzB28

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is best beast ever! Pay the man!! If we lost him. We will have big problem. We are concerned about Marshawn Lynch leaving for us because i am worrying about him. I believed that Marshawn Lynch looking for 15 millions a year. He is top number one #RB