Seahawks All-Duds Team

uncle fester

Reaction score
P - Ruben Rodriguez. The man who managed to make a punt go backwards without anyone else's assistance.

A 5th round pick. He lasted two years. There were 9 Pro Bowlers drafted after him, including a guy named Bo.

+1 to the vote for Owen Gill, too.

EDIT: Didn't see the 15 or so years limit. Still, such calamity cannot be ignored. For some reason that negative punt still stings. Probably because of the grief I got from non-Seahawk fans for months after it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I know it's like 30 years ago. I believe he played only 8 games, but Franco Harris being a Hawk. That was really hard to watch one of the all time greats just look like a shell of his former self. He was brutal in his one season here.
Also, in the late 80's, the Hawks had a corner named Melvin Jenkins. He was brutal. We accurately called him Toast Jenkins.

James in PA

Reaction score
James in PA":6z26es9v said:
TJ Whosyomama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speaking of this guy, I’ll say just about everyone from the 2009 Seahawks except for maybe 7-8 players. Especially Jim Mora Jr and those ugly alternate unis we wore only 1 time during that dreadful season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargentFan

Reaction score
quadsas":15og9wbf said:
WR - Deion Branch

that should be #1 on dud list
Oof...I was so sure he was going to be great...I bought two jerseys...

seabowl

Reaction score
For me it's Mike Williams. He was incredible his first year and just faded after that.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
QB - David Greene
RB - Julius Jones / Robert Turbin
WR - TJ Houshmandzadeh
TE - Marcus Pollard
OT - Robert Gallery
OG - James Carpenter

DB - Kelly Jennings / Cary Williams
Safety - Brian Russell
LB - Aaron Curry
DE - Patrick Kerney

Rat

Reaction score
Houshmandzadeh wasn't a transcendent player, but he doesn't deserve a spot on this list. 79 catches for 911 yards in a season where the entire offense was trash and we only won five games, doesn't make him a bigger disappointment than Deion Branch or Percy Harvin, who both cost a first round pick in addition to big money. I'd even put Keary Colbert on there over TJ.

JGreen79

Reaction score
A lot of the guys being named started or played a lot of snaps. Shouldn't this list be more of the guys who weren't good enough to play instead?

quadsas

Reaction score
Rat":1bzvapyr said:
Houshmandzadeh wasn't a transcendent player, but he doesn't deserve a spot on this list. 79 catches for 911 yards in a season where the entire offense was trash and we only won five games, doesn't make him a bigger disappointment than Deion Branch or Percy Harvin, who both cost a first round pick in addition to big money. I'd even put Keary Colbert on there over TJ.

yeah. in no way shape or form was TJ more disappointing than Deion was.

In terms of disappointments, I wanna include Walter Thurmond and Thomas Rawls. Looked like cornerstones in the future, ended up being complete failures

JGreen79":1bzvapyr said:
A lot of the guys being named started or played a lot of snaps. Shouldn't this list be more of the guys who weren't good enough to play instead?

then we would have to include like 1000 players who never saw the field

Maulbert

Reaction score
quadsas":ybyzo5n5 said:
Rat":ybyzo5n5 said:

yeah. in no way shape or form was TJ more disappointing than Deion was.

In terms of disappointments, I wanna include Walter Thurmond and Thomas Rawls. Looked like cornerstones in the future, ended up being complete failures

JGreen79":ybyzo5n5 said:

then we would have to include like 1000 players who never the field

Rawls was an undrafted free agent with low investment, and had a terrible injury. Hardly a dud. Thurmond was a 4th rounder and wasn't bad, but couldn't stay healthy, and Sherman took his spot and wouldn't let go. I don't think anyone cared that he never became a stud. Whatever expectations you placed on them, the fault is clearly yours.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1t4adakr said:
I know it's like 30 years ago. I believe he played only 8 games, but Franco Harris being a Hawk. That was really hard to watch one of the all time greats just look like a shell of his former self. He was brutal in his one season here.
Also, in the late 80's, the Hawks had a corner named Melvin Jenkins. He was brutal. We accurately called him Toast Jenkins.
Oh I hated that..
But I think he did have one good game if I recall :lol: