Anonymous

Hey, Anthony!...

Two words for you: "Spell Check".

Crymany!

:thcoffee:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3s11ikvm said:
it sucks we arent good enough to "surround" our QB with talent straight from the CFL...
I thought we already tried that this year? Maybe we ought to try the NFL draft this time? Or maybe an FA like usual given Sidney Rice pretty much worked out fine. Really all we need is either a big receiver or TE that can get those jump balls because Norwood and Richardson are a really good start but probably a year or two away like any rookie receiver.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":4xh3gv9l said:
Uncle Si":4xh3gv9l said:
it sucks we arent good enough to "surround" our QB with talent straight from the CFL...
I thought we already tried that this year? Maybe we ought to try the NFL draft this time? Or maybe an FA like usual given Sidney Rice pretty much worked out fine. Really all we need is either a big receiver or TE that can get those jump balls because Norwood and Richardson are a really good start but probably a year or two away like any rookie receiver.

so you want Joe Jurevicius...

(I had to google the spelling)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1h498dnf said:
MizzouHawkGal":1h498dnf said:
Uncle Si":1h498dnf said:

Healthy and actually still able to play Jurevicius? Hell yes! Though I believe given a year or two Norwood could be that type of receiver. So we do have to have a bit of patience at the same time. That Harvin trade hurt us on so many levels and I think we would be best served to try and get a good veteran receiver in the mix beyond Baldwin.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1kssvp25 said:
Uncle Si":1kssvp25 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1kssvp25 said:
Uncle Si":1kssvp25 said:

Healthy and actually still able to play Jurevicius? Hell yes! Though I believe given a year or two Norwood could be that type of receiver. So we do have to have a bit of patience at the same time. That Harvin trade hurt us on so many levels and I think we would be best served to try and get a good veteran receiver in the mix beyond Baldwin.

as excited as I was for Harvin... that trade has made life far more difficult for this year's team. I'd imagine if we dont make that trade we still have Tate and a better rotation in the DL. and who knows where the lost draft picks would have gone.

oh well (because Super Bowl)

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I don't blame Schneider and Pete if they steer away from Carter, who's clearly a friggin' headcase. If we get him, fine, but after Percy there's an argument to be made against overpaying for such a player. But whether to not we go for this kid, we definitely need help at WR. I think we need to be a little patient with Richardson and Norwood, but the problem we're having is that we're asking 3's and 4's to be 1's and 2's. They simply aren't good enough in that role.

Having a true #1 WR would be a blessing for the rest of our receivers, no doubt, but it doesn't necessarily have to be Duron Carter.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Anthony!":11opv50e said:
Hasselbeck":11opv50e said:
Anthony!":11opv50e said:
We are not getting him, we do not throw enough, and Indy does and will offer more, they are serious about putting taletn around their franchise QB, So far our team not so much.

Completely wrong.

Hate to tell you it strue, INdy has oput a boat load of talent around lukc at the Wr postion. We have not, sorry but it is a fact.

No.. what is wrong is you inferring the Seahawks haven't tried to put talent around Wilson.

They traded a ton for Percy Harvin.. who at the time was widely seen as a #1 WR and an incredible playmaker

They drafted Christine Michael, Paul Richardson, Kevin Norwood. Signed Chris Matthews from the CFL. Drafted a RT in the 2nd round. Were supposedly interested in Jimmy Graham, Vincent Jackson.

Maybe Indy has been more successful finding WR's than we have.. but the FO has definitely turned over a lot of stones to try and add some playmakers to the offense. Even if their production hasn't panned out on the field.

So yes. Your opinion is wrong.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
The problem, Hasselbeck, is that Harvin was a disaster and the only guy we really went after in hope to help ignite our passing game. Everyone else, however, has been bargain shopping except for Richardson. Indy has, without a doubt, been far more successful that we have at finding WR talent to date. My fingers are crossed for our Richardson and Norwood, but I don't know if either will ever really be "#1" material. Sure hope so.

Largent80

Reaction score
It is too bad the dominos aligned the way they did cap wise as we waited for Tate to blossom, watched him blossom, then watch him leave.

HE is the guy we need right now while we wait for our rookies to "get it".

Bringing in another wr at this point is stupid in my worthless opinion.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I hear ya, Rob, but if we can find a guy who can make a positive impact right now, then I'm all for doing it. Not sure if Tate is really a #1, but he's far better than Kearse. The Harvin signing and premature loss of Rice are having a ripple affect, for certain.

A

Anonymous

I really like Kearse, though.

Seems like he dives in every pile, fearlessly. Not afraid to give a CB the business.

A scrapper, he is.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":15bngs54 said:
I really like Kearse, though.

Seems like he dives in every pile, fearlessly. Not afraid to give a CB the business.

A scrapper, he is.
Totally, he's all that. He just isn't a very good WR and expecting more from him is unfair. He's our new Obomanu.

pehawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2nukwudl said:
This offense is a WR killer. I couldn't see any WR coming here if they had other options.

Nope, it'd have to be a chasing a ring guy. The only one of those I see as potentially coming free is Fitzgerald. He likes Seattle (on gameday), is a good blocker and would offer a stark contrast to their other big WR signing, Percy.

Fitz would be a realistic pursuit.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2c3ol5u3 said:
This offense is a WR killer. I couldn't see any WR coming here if they had other options.
You're probably right, but I just don't think it has to be, ya know? What we've seen this season is that while our bread and butter is the running game, our passing game is not nearly good enough to win us games when we need it to. That's a problem.

Largent80

Reaction score
pehawk":o2fbkjug said:
CALIHAWK1":o2fbkjug said:

Nope, it'd have to be a chasing a ring guy. The only one of those I see as potentially coming free is Fitzgerald. He likes Seattle (on gameday), is a good blocker and would offer a stark contrast to their other big WR signing, Percy.

Don't make me do a mid-day FAP.

Fappin' for Fitz.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":1whkeb2q said:
CALIHAWK1":1whkeb2q said:

A lot depends on what happens the next month and a half. If this thing comes apart.. could see Bevell being let go. Especially if a Jay Gruden type were suddenly available.

I really think this FO is going to be really aggressive in the trade market (since it's unlikely a star WR like Dez or Demy sees FA) to try and find a reliable WR for this offense.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":s438b34y said:
Anthony!":s438b34y said:
HuskerHawk":s438b34y said:
Touche. I read it originally however as the Colts weren't doing anything to help Luck, not so much Seattle.

Ahh no INdy has given Luck a ton of weapons. His #3 Wr is better than our #1
Not true, but I guess facts don't matter...

Actually fact do matter NFL ranked Indys Wr corps 5th in the league our no were to be found.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ad-the-way

Thats a fac.