Seahawks' Best Hands?

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Mad Dog":2ys0nyvu said:
DomeHawk":2ys0nyvu said:
HawkerD":2ys0nyvu said:
I don't think these stats based on catchable balls, just targets and receptions. Can't really make a determination regarding good or bad hands. Right now, by the eye test, I haven't seen anything jump out that would have me question a guys hands. DK has had a few route running issues that caused his number to drop as well as being thrown some highly contestable balls.

The "best hands" title may be a bit misleading but it is also based upon actual events, not could'ves or would'ves. I think they bare out what we all know,i.e., that Dissly and Lockett are far and away our most reliable receivers.

As for DK, some of his "highly contestable balls" are a direct result of not being able to create space or use that big body to block out. DK is still very raw, those who thought he was going to be an all-pro right out of the gate were naive at best. We all hope he will continue to develop but if he doesn't look for his targets to continue to diminish.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/10/1/20 ... cking-data

Can I see a show of hands of fans that thought DK Metcalf was going to be an "all-pro right out of the gate"?
I don't think I saw that take from anyone. I think at best we were hoping draft steal.

Artistic license BUT:

The hype on this page was completely over the top. Now that reality has set in they are either DK apologists or perhaps like you, pretending they never espoused as such.

Having said that, I hope he has an amazing break-out game tomorrow night.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm staring right at it and missing it, but where in those links are the catch % and number of targets?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":36g6n282 said:
falcongoggles":36g6n282 said:
Many of the throws to DK have been "50/50 balls" but they've been under thrown. Russ needs to put more air on them and give him a chance to block out. Tough to block out when you are coming back to the ball that is at or below chest level. I feel like he's playing defender half the time. I put more of this on Russ than DK.

Doesn't it seem odd that he is experiencing this but none of the other receivers are?

How many 50/50 jump balls has Russell thrown to the other receivers?

This is the same criticism Jimmy Graham used to get when half the time it was just poorly thrown balls on Russell's part.

Which is understandable, Russell and DK are still getting to know each other. It takes time for Russell and DK to get on the same page to where he knows exactly where DK likes the ball and his tendencies.

Seymour

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1zbu6wrk said:
HawkerD":1zbu6wrk said:
I don't think these stats based on catchable balls, just targets and receptions. Can't really make a determination regarding good or bad hands. Right now, by the eye test, I haven't seen anything jump out that would have me question a guys hands. DK has had a few route running issues that caused his number to drop as well as being thrown some highly contestable balls.

The "best hands" title may be a bit misleading but it is also based upon actual events, not could'ves or would'ves. I think they bare out what we all know,i.e., that Dissly and Lockett are far and away our most reliable receivers.

As for DK, some of his "highly contestable balls" are a direct result of not being able to create space or use that big body to block out. DK is still very raw, those who thought he was going to be an all-pro right out of the gate were naive at best. We all hope he will continue to develop but if he doesn't look for his targets to continue to diminish.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/10/1/20 ... cking-data

The corner route he ran to the left side of the EZ the TV guys called a great play by the DB was BS. Ball hit him right in the hands and DB never got a hand on it. If he doesn't start reelin' in these passes, he needs to give way to someone that can IMO.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Sgt. Largent":aqrfbq12 said:
DomeHawk":aqrfbq12 said:
falcongoggles":aqrfbq12 said:
Many of the throws to DK have been "50/50 balls" but they've been under thrown. Russ needs to put more air on them and give him a chance to block out. Tough to block out when you are coming back to the ball that is at or below chest level. I feel like he's playing defender half the time. I put more of this on Russ than DK.

Doesn't it seem odd that he is experiencing this but none of the other receivers are?

How many 50/50 jump balls has Russell thrown to the other receivers?

This is the same criticism Jimmy Graham used to get when half the time it was just poorly thrown balls on Russell's part.

Which is understandable, Russell and DK are still getting to know each other. It takes time for Russell and DK to get on the same page to where he knows exactly where DK likes the ball and his tendencies.

Many of the 50/50 balls are the result of DK simply not getting open or not tracking the ball well. Other times they are intentional but isn't that why you want big receivers? In the last few years we have been very successful with contested balls. This isn't on Russ at all, DK needs to step his game up.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

kobebryant":2f0upjf5 said:
Forgive me if I'm staring right at it and missing it, but where in those links are the catch % and number of targets?

You ARE staring right at it. "2019 Receiving" column.

Latest posts