Seahawks committed cap space for 20 & 21, 2nd lowest in NFL

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The number of players that will need to be added after this season and the 32 players playing on the final year of their deals is something that is factored into Fade's initial thread post. Truly this thread should be part of that three b/c the conversations regarding the issues are the same.

All in all the numbers problem will be a hurdle to get over but if the core is kept I can't see it being that hard to overcome.

Keeping Wilson and Wagner Reed and Clark are very important, but if Clark isn't kept and is offloaded the trade must yield an edge rush.

Have to say I do trust the FO to overcome.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Just a few further contracts the team can remove without changing things much are those of MIngo, TE- Dickson, and WR- Jaron Brown.

Time will tell whether the team will be hurt by retaining their core. Somehow I very much doubt it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1xqy02g6 said:
The number of players that will need to be added after this season and the 32 players playing on the final year of their deals is something that is factored into Fade's initial thread post. Truly this thread should be part of that three b/c the conversations regarding the issues are the same.

All in all the numbers problem will be a hurdle to get over but if the core is kept I can't see it being that hard to overcome.

Keeping Wilson and Wagner Reed and Clark are very important, but if Clark isn't kept and is offloaded the trade must yield an edge rush.

The only way this top heavy roster model works is they have to absolutely nail the draft year after year. This is something the FO has not done at all since 2014. Last years draft was a nice start back to the old Seahawk ways, but they have to do this going forward too. We can't be trading picks for bums like Brett Hundley.

The reason why the FO doubled down with bad extensions to the Jermaine Kearse's and Jeremy Lane's of the world was this poor drafting.

Also, I go back to this argument during the will Russ sign or won't he.. in that cap room does not immediately equal success. Yeah, on the surface they have a lot, but if they sign crap FA's.. even as bargain bin guys .. this model will crumble as such.

I don't want to say signing Russ to this deal was a bad idea, as honestly they had no other choice. They backed themselves into a corner and left themselves only one way out of it (which was extending him). But for this to work, the front office will have to figure out a way to improve on the process they have been anywhere from poor to outright awful with since.. well.. the last Russell Wilson extension.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":23xzi81d said:
jammerhawk":23xzi81d said:

The only way this top heavy roster model works is they have to absolutely nail the draft year after year. This is something the FO has not done at all since 2014. Last years draft was a nice start back to the old Seahawk ways, but they have to do this going forward too. We can't be trading picks for bums like Brett Hundley.

The reason why the FO doubled down with bad extensions to the Jermaine Kearse's and Jeremy Lane's of the world was this poor drafting.

Also, I go back to this argument during the will Russ sign or won't he.. in that cap room does not immediately equal success. Yeah, on the surface they have a lot, but if they sign crap FA's.. even as bargain bin guys .. this model will crumble as such.

I don't want to say signing Russ to this deal was a bad idea, as honestly they had no other choice. They backed themselves into a corner and left themselves only one way out of it (which was extending him). But for this to work, the front office will have to figure out a way to improve on the process they have been anywhere from poor to outright awful with since.. well.. the last Russell Wilson extension.

Every team in the league deals with this issue.