Seahawks Day 2 mock draft

randomation

Reaction score
I'd be thrilled if we dropped most our 3rd 4th and 5th round picks to get three in second and take Lamp King and Obi. However I think the Packers take Lamp which leaves us with Robinson who I honestly think is going to bust hard.

raisethe3

Reaction score
2.Kevin King CB Washington
2.Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson
3.Budda Baker S Washington
3.Carlos Watkins DT Clemson
3.Sidney Jones, CB Washington
4. Forest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky
6. Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut
7. Taylor Moton, T, Western Michigan
7. Trade for next year's draft pick?

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present your new FUTURE LOB. Kevin King, Cordrea Tankersley, Budda Baker and Obi Melifonwu. (Of course wishful thinking, hehe)

chet380

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2ruxyyea said:
seahawkfreak":2ruxyyea said:
jammerhawk":2ruxyyea said:
PR nightmare!

Mixon "PR nightmare" is overrated.

Stop being afraid of the media. They are not a friend.

The punching incident happened after the woman berated Mixon (then a freshman), called him the N-word and eventually thrashed at him and pushed him -- not a defense to the assault, but definitely mitigating factors.

This kid could easily be the 2nd best RB of the draft.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
raisethe3":3m3wcvze said:

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present your new FUTURE LOB. Kevin King, Cordrea Tankersley, Budda Baker and Obi Melifonwu. (Of course wishful thinking, hehe)

Can't tell if you're trying to be funny or just didn't do any research.

2.Kevin King CB Washington Very possible
2.Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson Maybe, but if we take King, he's the same type of player
3.Budda Baker S Washington He'll go in the early to mid 2nd
3.Carlos Watkins DT Clemson Very possible
3.Sidney Jones, CB Washington He'll be gone in the late 2nd
4. Forest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky Uh, what? He might be the 1st person off the board today
6. Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut Ok, now you're just trolling, another guy gone in the early 2nd.
7. Taylor Moton, T, Western Michigan See comments on Obi.
7. Trade for next year's draft pick? Like a 6th rounder?

Atradees

Reaction score
2.Cam Robinson, T, Alabama (Outland Trophy Winner)
2.Obiwanfu, S/CB, UConn
3.Davis Webb, QB, Cal
3.Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
3.Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
3.Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
4.JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
6.Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
7.Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
7. Tom Brady

gowazzu02

Reaction score
raisethe3":16xjo3de said:

LOL put the Purple and Gold pom poms away! haha Should they draft Qualls too while they're at it?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Atradees":14gomht4 said:
2.Obiwanfu, S/CB, UConn
3.Davis Webb, QB, Cal
3.JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
4.Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
7. Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington

If McDowell lasts to 3rd round that would be a steal.

I don't like Davis Webb in our offense.

I think Kupp goes earlier then that too.

Atradees

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2qvtfm36 said:
Atradees":2qvtfm36 said:
2.Obiwanfu, S/CB, UConn
3.Davis Webb, QB, Cal

The Hawks Like Webb.
Kupp is special teams fringe player

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Atradees":3856u80z said:
gowazzu02":3856u80z said:
Atradees":3856u80z said:
2.Obiwanfu, S/CB, UConn
3.Davis Webb, QB, Cal

The Hawks Like Webb.
Kupp is special teams fringe player

I think Kupp will carve out a roll for himself. Kids been undervalued over achiever his entire life.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This would be a heck of a draft haul.

I would wonder who gets the axe if we signed Mixon.

naholmes

Reaction score
At this point I hope they get a tackle at 34 since good defenders should still be available with their later picks.

2) Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
2) Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
3) Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M
3) Demarcus Walker, DL, Florida State
3) Shaquill Griffin, CB, Central Florida
3) George Kittle, TE, Iowa
4) Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Here's my take and my ideal choices for today ...

2nd -- Forrest Lamp. For those who have concerns about his 32 1/4" arms, just consider their pursuit of T.J. Lang, who has 32 3/4" arms (a mere 0.5 inch shorter). Athletic freak who showed he can handle himself against top level players (i.e. Alabama). The Hawks have gotten absolutely destroyed up the middle by guys like Aaron Donald and Star Lotulelei. How about someone who has the tools to help counter that?

2nd -- Kevin King With the size, the athletic tools, etc. just says Seahawk to me. They may have to move up to get him, but I think ideally he's their guy.

3rd -- Obi Melafonwu I went back and did a bit of further research on this guy and came away fairly impressed. The athleticism, the speed, and the physicality just jumps out at you. His head coach called him the best safety in the country. I think the Hawks would fall all over themselves to draft a guy like this.

3rd -- Sidney Jones They may have to move around to get him, but again here is a guy that IF he's healthy is a shut down corner. Seattle would LOVE to nab themselves a 1st Round talent like this at a bargain price.

3rd -- Jordan Willis 6'4" 255 lbs and runs a 4.53 in the 40. Great overall ability to diagnose quickly and very quick change of direction. Coach Bill Snyder called him the epitome of Kansas State Football and one of the very best players he's ever had. I think he has the tools and the attitude that the Seahawks absolutely love.

3rd -- Tyus Bowser 6'3" 247 lbs LB who is extremely athletic and explosive. He's a guy that I could see the Hawks really falling in love with ... and, given some time to develop, could become a great addition to that front 7.

Atradees

Reaction score
Oh yeah. We need a kicker. Forgot about that.
First game of the season with Atradees as GM and special teams runs out..........
Gets in the formation..........

No one is there to kick!

Hawkscanner,

Mayock has Obi rated higher than King. I do think that teams not in a cover 3 prefer the more traditional CBs.
I see King Drafted before Obiwanfu. So maybe the UConn product slides.

naholmes

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1ybht2nt said:

2nd -- Forrest Lamp. For those who have concerns about his 32 1/4" arms, just consider their pursuit of T.J. Lang, who has 32 3/4" arms (a mere 0.5 inch shorter). Athletic freak who showed he can handle himself against top level players (i.e. Alabama). The Hawks have gotten absolutely destroyed up the middle by guys like Aaron Donald and Star Lotulelei. How about someone who has the tools to help counter that?

2nd -- Kevin King With the size, the athletic tools, etc. just says Seahawk to me. They may have to move up to get him, but I think ideally he's their guy.

3rd -- Obi Melafonwu I went back and did a bit of further research on this guy and came away fairly impressed. The athleticism, the speed, and the physicality just jumps out at you. His head coach called him the best safety in the country. I think the Hawks would fall all over themselves to draft a guy like this.

3rd -- Sidney Jones They may have to move around to get him, but again here is a guy that IF he's healthy is a shut down corner. Seattle would LOVE to nab themselves a 1st Round talent like this at a bargain price.

3rd -- Jordan Willis 6'4" 255 lbs and runs a 4.53 in the 40. Great overall ability to diagnose quickly and very quick change of direction. Coach Bill Snyder called him the epitome of Kansas State Football and one of the very best players he's ever had. I think he has the tools and the attitude that the Seahawks absolutely love.

3rd -- Tyus Bowser 6'3" 247 lbs LB who is extremely athletic and explosive. He's a guy that I could see the Hawks really falling in love with ... and, given some time to develop, could become a great addition to that front 7.
If they pulled that off I would be doing cartwheels but have a feeling all six names will be gone by the end of the 2nd round. Especially Willis and Bowser there's no way I see those guys lasting past pick 100.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
In no particular order, the guys I want/think we might get are:

King
Obi
Perine
Derek Rivers
Tyus Bowser
Chad Kelly
Justin Evans
Budda Baker

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Atradees":2o5j7y6l said:
Oh yeah. We need a kicker. Forgot about that.
First game of the season with Atradees as GM and special teams runs out..........
Gets in the formation..........

No one is there to kick!

Hawkscanner,

Mayock has Obi rated higher than King. I do think that teams not in a cover 3 prefer the more traditional CBs.
I see King Drafted before Obiwanfu. So maybe the UConn product slides.

Well, hopefully you're right ... but I think there are could be a number of teams for whom that speed and athleticism could be fairly attractive. The Packers for one are one such team that appears might have interest in Obi Melafonwu. So, we'll see. For sure, I see him being a guy whom the Hawks would like.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
naholmes":2sa70rtp said:
Hawkscanner":2sa70rtp said:

If they pulled that off I would be doing cartwheels but have a feeling all six names will be gone by the end of the 2nd round. Especially Willis and Bowser there's no way I see those guys lasting past pick 100.

That's why I called this my IDEAL choices ... rather than necessarily realistic choices -- because I tend to agree. I don't see Willis or Bowser making it past the 2nd Round, but then again, crazy things CAN and DO happen in the NFL Draft. I said it yesterday that I've pretty much faithfully followed the Draft every single year since 1990 ... and every year without fail, the unexpected happens. I didn't see Johnathan Allen (whom many had in their Top 5 or 6) falling to Washington at #17. I never saw O.J. Howard (whom most had as a top 10 talent) lasting until #19 either. And the Bears jumping up to #2 to nab Trubisky?!? Ain't NOBODY (none of the experts) saw that one coming. So, who knows what happens today. This draft right here is proof positive again of how each team sees these players all differently. Not all of them evaluate them the same way ... or see them through the same lenses that the Seahawks do. So, we'll see how things end up shaking out here in a couple of hours.

Atradees

Reaction score
It's coming, it's comming....the second day is comming.

Hawks probably won't pick any of my guys.

Probably better odds winning the Oregon Sports Action.....

two dog

Reaction score
If the Packers don't take Mixon, I hope the Seahawks do.

Let the maiden aunts over at the Seattle Times wring their hands.
The past is, by it's very nature, in the past.

Lacey is on a one year deal. A rookie contract is for four.
I would swap Mixon for Collins in a heartbeat.
And I am one of the few that seems to like Collins.