Seahawks fan base barely makes NFL top 10

Hawknballs

Reaction score
denver way up there even though only like 20 people saw them off to the superb owl.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3e2q344b said:
Every Packer fan I've met has been awesome. (shrug)

The Seahawks have a great fan base, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately depending on how you look at it) a lot of people have recently bandwagoned the team. So I can see where we would barely crack the Top 10

Every Packer fan I have met was born and raised in the greater Puget Sound area. And they now insist on calling Seahawks fans bandwagoners. They can go eff themselves.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1h8ybgkk said:
Hasselbeck":1h8ybgkk said:
Every Packer fan I've met has been awesome. (shrug)

The Seahawks have a great fan base, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately depending on how you look at it) a lot of people have recently bandwagoned the team. So I can see where we would barely crack the Top 10

Every Packer fan I have met was born and raised in the greater Puget Sound area. And they now insist on calling Seahawks fans bandwagoners. They can go eff themselves.

I agree I have been a Seahawk fan since the beginning kingdom days , and I live in Vancouver bc , infract there are about 7000 of us in bc that have season tickets and some have had season tickets for years.

we are all 12

brettb3

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2lnshtnv said:
Am I the only one here who isn't upset about this? The Seahawks haven't exactly been a national team well..ever. And we're in the top10. So why are people upset? It's actually kind of exciting.

Now if they said we were barely in the top10 for stadiums with HFA that would be a different story.

the details:
Hometown Crowd Rank: 12
- How many of us know a large number of people in the city/state who just jumped on the second the Hawks made it to the playoffs. I'm sure that's not an issue for teams like the Patriots, GB, etc.

TV Audience Rank: 4
- We're a small market team, so this is impressive.

Stadium Attendance Rank: 1
-#1, heck yeah

Social Media Rank: 10
- Again we're a small market team, so 10 is fine given we can probably thank Richard Sherman for most of it.

Merchandise Rank: 5
- Small market team being #5 in merchandise, that's freaking awesome.
We're not a small market team. Among all NFL markets, Seattle's is the 11th or 12th largest. Their measure for TV audience was based on local TV ratings for each team, not total number of eyeballs. It actually makes the #4 ranking even more impressive, considering our market is much larger than Green Bay and New Orleans.

Jville

Reaction score
I have the up most respect for Packer fans. I give them :th2thumbs:

WI-Hawkfan

Reaction score
I've lived in WI for 15 years now (ugh). Packer fans in general are pretty cool and I have no problem with them being #1. It's not just a Green Bay thing. The whole state is green and gold, all walks of life. The fans that are Seahawks fans are certainly more fervent than Packer fans but there is zero doubt in my mind a higher percentage of people in the state are fans and have been since they were born. We're just not there yet. Hopefully we're the new model franchise that has a near 50 year run of relevence and we can get there though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WI-Hawkfan":2r2fj5k4 said:
I've lived in WI for 15 years now (ugh). Packer fans in general are pretty cool and I have no problem with them being #1. It's not just a Green Bay thing. The whole state is green and gold, all walks of life. The fans that are Seahawks fans are certainly more fervent than Packer fans but there is zero doubt in my mind a higher percentage of people in the state are fans and have been since they were born. We're just not there yet. Hopefully we're the new model franchise that has a near 50 year run of relevence and we can get there though.

I don't know if Hawks fans are more fervent than Packer fans.

Fanbases have the personality of the region, so most of the midwest teams are populated by well mannered "midestwestern valued" people. Kind, polite, don't want to act aggressive or mean.

NW fans have always had an inferiority complex due to being in south Alaska and ignored for 40 years, so we like to make sure the rest of the country hears and sees us when given the chance. Doesn't mean more fervent or passionate, just more vocal.

WI-Hawkfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1awtjt8t said:
WI-Hawkfan":1awtjt8t said:

I don't know if Hawks fans are more fervent than Packer fans.

Fanbases have the personality of the region, so most of the midwest teams are populated by well mannered "midestwestern valued" people. Kind, polite, don't want to act aggressive or mean.

NW fans have always had an inferiority complex due to being in south Alaska and ignored for 40 years, so we like to make sure the rest of the country hears and sees us when given the chance. Doesn't mean more fervent or passionate, just more vocal.

That's what I meant by that. More vocal, more in your face about it. Here they're just a bit more laid back and friendly. I've never had an issue with wearing a Seahawks jersey around town or even to Lambeau but that definitely doesn't mean they don't care as much. Drive around Wisconsin when a game is on. It looks like the state is abandoned.

Latest posts