Seahawks finally YAC'd it up

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If we can start working the tight ends back into the game, we can bump that a bit higher.

Hoping they are just saving it for the stretch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. My friend, who is a huge Geno fan, even told me how funny it was to see the passing total vs. how many YAC they racked up.
Side note, how nice was it to see some actual screen passes working FOR THE HAWKS? Loved it.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Hell of a day for YAC!

KW 64 rcv yds, YAC 64 yds
JSN 53 rcv yds, YAC 53 yds

I feel like this thread was just 'made' for me ;)

Dunno why.

And DK and Tyler? about 50% of THEIR yards too.

Hell must've frozen over!!!! ;)

And I have to give 16 some props. Take him out of the last handful of games (Ravens aside) and we got a problem. Tyler has been clutch in a few instances recently. When he got his bell rung yesterday I was like 'uh oh' with him going into the tent. Thank goodness we didn't lose him.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. We were yelling from our seats: "We actually threw a successful screen play!" and then "We actually threw the ball to a Tight End!"

Sometimes you gotta' just laugh when the team is struggling. And that first half was crap.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
YAC is a real pat on the back to the play calls, especially on a few drives. I always prefer "playmaker" style offenses as opposed to precision. I like plays with multiple streaks (shallow, middle, deep) and also rubs. DK also can be a damn good comeback after running go/post routes most of the time.

Basically you run these Lockett/Charbs/Walker short space plays and then all of a sudden you get one on one with DK over the top because the safety is creeping in.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
This is the 1st game I have seen Waldron and Geno combine for decent YAC.

In the past, I've mostly put the blame on Waldron because the majority of called plays have the receiver either on the sideline or basically standing still when the ball is designed to be thrown. Geno got a little blame because of many plays designed to hit a receiver on the move he could almost never hit the player in stride.

Waldron pulled a lot of YAC designed plays out of his, uh, playbook and Geno actually executed some of them very well. Take another look at.the KW play - Geno had perfect pocket management and a perfectly timed throw. We may want to give all the credit to KW but without Geno buying time to delay the throw and sliding into a perfect lane, that play is not the success we saw.

If Geno could just keep his head out of his @$$, and Waldron could actually implement a running scheme other than pounding KW up the middle for the entire 1st half, this Offense could actually be at least borderline elite.

I'll keep hoping even though I have little to no confidence.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Carroll still seems allergic to the middle of the field, on offense and defense, but there was a spark in this game. Hope they fan those flames.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, good to see more YAC, Metcalf was definitely trucking for the end zone on his last catch before Geno spiked the ball to set up game winning FG