Seahawks Franchise QBs

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I saw that video last year and loved it.

I visited Seattle for the first time in my life in 2019, but I have been a Seahawks fan since the beginning. Zorn was the QB on my first favorite sports team, and I was usually the QB (on offense - like everyone else, I played defense too) in neighborhood football games, so it was natural for Zorn to become my first sports hero. It didn't bother me that I'm right-handed and he's left-handed. He was the Seahawks' QB, I was a Seahawks fan, and I was getting used to thinking of myself as a QB. I knew Largent was the truly special offensive player on the team, but Zorn was the guy with whom I identified, the one I liked the most. I've never had a problem separating "my favorite" and "the best."

My dad took me to see the Seahawks twice when they were as close to Maine as they could get - the games against the Patriots in Foxborough in 1984 and '86. After both, we waited around near the team buses so I could ask players for their autographs on the game program. By the 1984 game, Krieg had taken over as the Seahawks' starting QB, and I never resented that, even though Zorn was my first sports hero. I knew Krieg was better than Zorn, and I was happy that Zorn was still around as a backup. I think the greatest sports-fan moment of my life was getting to tell Zorn to his face after the game in 1984 that I had had his autographed picture in a frame on the wall of my room in Maine for years and seeing his enthusiastic response.

I'll strongly second ivotuk's recommendation. I loved seeing the Seahawks' franchise QBs from my childhood and adolescence talking to the franchise QBs from my adult life, including the one that finally got to raise the Lombardi trophy, something I'd been waiting to see for 37 years when it finally happened. This video was very much worth watching for me.

For those not as old as I am, it might be interesting to hear from the team's franchise QBs from a different era of the NFL and of the Seahawks, as well as from the guys involved with the recent successful runs.

sutz

Reaction score
Most important line in there: Russ wants the throwback jerseys. :mrgreen:

Latest posts