Seahawks have contacted Doug Pederson for OC

Tusc2000

Reaction score
This is going from bad to worse. I don't know what NFL player would ever want to play for Doug Pederson after that debacle against Washington. And now Adam Gase? Are we competing to see how many of our players we can tick off?

I've been a big Pete fan for 20 years, but he is really starting to go off the deep end ever since the Ram loss. Maybe that's what happens when you get locked into a long-term contract.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Gio":ce0cgwbi said:
I don't think Doug was the problem in Philly. I really liked the fact that he sat his highest paid QB and let the rookie play.

I didn't have a problem with him benching Wentz, he was just not playing well. But by benching Hurts and throwing in a QB who had no business being on the field? I don't think there's a player left on the Eagles who wanted to play for him again.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion DP is going to be our new OC and I am perfectly fine with that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope that DP being a super bowl winning HC would keep Pete’s hands out of the offensive cookie jar.
While I think DP will be a good hire on the surface, I could be wrong about that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2wfdt31w said:
Gio":2wfdt31w said:
I don't think Doug was the problem in Philly. I really liked the fact that he sat his highest paid QB and let the rookie play.

I didn't have a problem with him benching Wentz, he was just not playing well. But by benching Hurts and throwing in a QB who had no business being on the field? I don't think there's a player left on the Eagles who wanted to play for him again.
I have a feeling that came from Philly’s front office or ownership.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Gio":tpa8yf09 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1350430702798573573[/tweet]

Not sure why he would choose to become an OC , when he can find a HC job.m :?:

Because Pete won’t be around many more years.

This guy is from the area, and if he proves himself would absolutely be a HC prospect. (For the Seahawks)

I wouldn’t hate it, and in theory/on paper the move makes as much sense as anything else I’ve heard.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
There are a massive list of great pass-oriented guys for OC that I think would work out excellently. There are also some good candidates that live on a more balanced attack. My top 3, not in particular order:

Pep Hamilton oversaw the development of Justin Herbert in LA. Proven guy in the pass game. Was Colts OC from 13-15.

Mike Kafka is obviously a bright young mind from the Reid tree. He's gonna get a shot somewhere, and it might as well be here with Canales supporting.

Anthony Lynn ran the best rushing attack in the league with the Bills before getting the head job in LA.

If someone like Lynn ends up striking out somehow, you can probably hire Kafka to oversee a passing attack that'll both let Russ cook downfield while also effectively overhauling the short game, which'll take pressure off the OL. You could then hire Lynn for a year as run game coordinator, working with Solari to bring a Roman-esque power attack on the ground game. A two-headed monster that would mix old and new. That'd be an absolute dream scenario for me.

Latest posts