Seahawks hire Former Bears OLBs coach Clint Hurtt

Jville

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2qrprg8d said:
This is a huge hire for the Hawks, I'm a big fan of Clint Hurtt and have been for some time. He began his coaching career with the dominant Miami Hurricane teams of the early 2000s who were churning out 1st round DL's every year. He was also the DL coach for Charlie Strong at Louisville when the Cardinals led the nation in Total Defense in 2013, and he developed Marcus Smith - a converted QB (!) - into a 1st round pick of the Eagles as a DE. He then went to the NFL with the Bears, and spent the past 2 seasons apprenticing under Vic Fangio - inarguably one of the greatest DC's and teachers of LB's in NFL history. Hurtt was also a great recruiter in college, which should come in handy during free agency visits. Not sure what this means for Travis Jones and Dwaine Board, but perhaps Board is moving on or retiring, with Hurtt to focus on the DE's and Jones on the DT's (just speculating there).

Regardless, great GREAT hire for Seattle.

Cool ... 8) ...... background info and content .... :2thumbs: .... thanks for posting!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
nash72":pfqiwhxj said:
Saw the headline earlier that Seahawks made a coaching change and I excitedly opened up the link hoping for the best. I felt like a kid opening up a Christmas present and finding out it was a pair of socks when I read it was only the hiring of Hurtt. Maybe next time.

Upon finding out who it was, we're you a little butt Hurtt?

sondevil89

Reaction score
Finally! A positive development. I really-really like this hire.

I can't even imagine a third down D-line of Benett/Avril/Clark/Campbell.

Who's your DADDY!!!

bighawk

Reaction score
I think a couple of these guys just need technique refinement. The talent is there with Clark, Bennett, Avril, Reed, plus the other lineman. I also think they draft d-line early.

RussB

Reaction score
Linebackers is literally one of the best parts of this team and have no issues. So they go and hire a new LB coach but keep the crappy OL coach. I swear im starting to want this coaching staff gone. If they dont invest in OL this offseason its time to boycott pete.

RussB

Reaction score
Nevermind i thought they hired a linebacker coach. Didnt fully read.....good hire. DL does need improvement.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
aredub":1ptbqiri said:
Future D-Coordinator :2thumbs:

He's already has the goatee, he needs to fully shave that hair before he can become one of ours, it's a prerequisite.

lukerguy

Reaction score
After Sherm and others given push back to coaches...this coach looks like he could do some pushing back of his own..lol

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
lukerguy":22cwlsoy said:
After Sherm and others given push back to coaches...this coach looks like he could do some pushing back of his own..lol
I can attest that you're 100% correct on that. The next time Sherm or anyone else decides to take on one of the coaches they better go looking for Chad Morton or Nate Carroll or Carl Smith, because I guarantee you they're going to want absolutely NO part of Clint Hurtt.

A

Anonymous

NorthDallas40oz":37t98bjp said:
lukerguy":37t98bjp said:
I can attest that you're 100% correct on that. The next time Sherm or anyone else decides to take on one of the coaches they better go looking for Chad Morton or Nate Carroll or Carl Smith, because I guarantee you they're going to want absolutely NO part of Clint Hurtt.

...or he'll stuff you in the "Hurtt Locker".

:mrgreen:

Latest posts