Seahawks in NFL networks top 100 list

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The NFL thinktank better not leave Brandon Mebane off this list... If Bennett makes it... Mebane needs to as well.

Bane has always been a Pro Bowl calibur player, always shunned despite consistency and dependability in the years he hasn't been injured... but his position of NT like an All-Pro last year.

For example, in last year Superbowl...as much as Terrance Knighton was getting all the hooplah for being a shutdown potroast of a man wall, Mebane the better NT... and he got little to any acknowledgement.

I hope he finally gets his limelight while he's still in his prime (even if its kind of in the backend of it).

Seahawker86

Reaction score
JZ#1":zi3wfzae said:
I don't think Wagner deserves it. Sure he is good, but he benefits from playing in a really good defense and he is purely a run and tackle linebacker. I mean heck, Malcolm Smith was the superbowl MVP, last year, should we include him too? Players like Wagner are easily available in the draft. Just my opinion.

^^^false. <<<< not opinion.

Players like Wagner easily replaceable? Purely a run and tackle linebacker? Go back and look at his high lights. He's tipped a few balls and made a diving INT here and there. How quickly we forget

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":19t0a2od said:
The NFL thinktank better not leave Brandon Mebane off this list... If Bennett makes it... Mebane needs to as well.

Bane has always been a Pro Bowl calibur player, always shunned despite consistency and dependability in the years he hasn't been injured... but his position of NT like an All-Pro last year.

For example, in last year Superbowl...as much as Terrance Knighton was getting all the hooplah for being a shutdown potroast of a man wall, Mebane the better NT... and he got little to any acknowledgement.

I hope he finally gets his limelight while he's still in his prime (even if its kind of in the backend of it).

I really feel that Knighton was the only highlight of that Denver defense going into that game. His name was maybe called once during that game. A total non factor. Matter of fact I have forgotten all about him until you mentioned him right now.

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
lucky49":16yn2n1c said:
Colin Kaepernick will be #1

That's really funny... I think he would have completed that final pass to crabs if he were number one... Maybe number one, most disappointing so far..

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
This is the last list in the world anyone should give a damn about.

The players don't even take it seriously (and they're the ones voting). I can't remember who it was last year, but he filled in his entire voting slip with some random rookies name.

I would highly recommend not giving a crap about this...it's a complete joke.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well it seems to the be the new trend for many Hawks fans: getting all riled up about opinions/polls etc.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1rxzlo2k said:
Well it seems to the be the new trend for many Hawks fans: getting all riled up about opinions/polls etc.

Or maybe its just something fun to watch and talk about in the off season.......

jeeze...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya, it's football talk, I'm in :)
I'm just pointing out that it seems like the last couple years people almost seem to get offended by opinions on tv or from "experts" etc.

LolaRox

Reaction score
If the 'Pick your top 100' on NFL.com is any indication then there are at least 9 Seahawks on the list. You can click through random pairings and select who you think is the better player of the two to compile your own top 10 list. As I clicked through some of the pairings I saw nine Seahawks (there could be more). I won't say who they are because I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

I was only surprised by one of the Seahawks I saw, the others are pretty obvious.

Smellyman

Reaction score
luke kuechly barely better than Wagner. Maybe bias but stats prove it out too.

Yet Luke will be waaaaaaay up the list and Wagner may not be on it.

nwgamer

Reaction score
Cartire":3mdcvv5r said:
ZagHawk":3mdcvv5r said:
gowazzu02":3mdcvv5r said:
gowazzu02":3mdcvv5r said:

Last year, Lynch 24
sherm 50
RW 51
ET 66!!!! travesty
Harvin 90
Unger 95

Anyway from last year. I see Unger dropping out, and Harvin because he barely played.

Dropping in rankings:
Lynch to maybe 30-40s, because he didn't put up the numbers he did last year.

Unsure:
RW - he won the SB, but lets face it, he looked far more impressive towards the end of last year, then he did this year. He overall I feel looked better this year, but he ended the year very strong last year. So I don't know where he'll rank. Had he won SB MVP he would for sure climb, but he didn't.

Climbing in Ranking:
ET
RS

Definite Addition:
Kam

Possible Additions:
Bennett
Wagner
Avril

One of our defensive guys definitely deserved SMVP. However, if you look at RWs stats for the game, they practically match most the SMVP QBs in the last decade. It's only because the d was so elite that he didn't get it. But the unfortunate stigma is there. I don't like that that is held against him.

I agree with you here about RW. I hadn't even considered him not getting it as something negative once until it was just brought up. Would have been a travesty to not give it to a D member. It was just another feather in the cap of our D strengthening its legendary status in my opinion. Not a mark against Russ.

Latest posts