Seahawks love fest on First Take

salamander

Reaction score
Not sure if we should be happy about this, but Skip Bayless just called the division for us saying it was already over. Gushed about the offense and Russell Wilson. Brian Dawkins called us a juggernaut.

Edited w/ Link to podcast
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=11406668
go to the 1:15:00 mark

drdiags

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":p0la9yod said:
That doesn't bode well...

Agreed. They are trying some type of reverse voodoo magic on the team. With Bayless on the bandwagon, you have one too many. Hopefully Tebow comes out of retirement so Bayless can go all out for that team.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Is it superstition or is it the reality that Skip Bayless is wrong 90% of the time? I personally preferred it when he thought we were crap.

OP
OP
salamander

salamander

Reaction score
Dawkins' positive mojo will outweigh Bayless....I think we'll be fine.

hoxrox

Reaction score
It was funny when he declared mid season that we wouldn't lose at home last year, then we lost the Cards... and then later he picked the 9ers to win the NFC in our house...

Yes, it is better when he is not on the bandwagon.

OP
OP
salamander

salamander

Reaction score
Largent80":17z07bv6 said:
[youtube]hJ4r-1OxALE[/youtube]

I wasn't familiar with the character Juggernaut, but after seeing that video, it gives Dawkin's comments even more power.

Off-topic, but that video reminded me of Sweezy. "Juggernaut" would be a great nickname for Sweezy if he keeps performing at a high level this year. What do you think?

Largent80

Reaction score
salamander":106uues0 said:
Largent80":106uues0 said:
[youtube]hJ4r-1OxALE[/youtube]

I wasn't familiar with the character Juggernaut, but after seeing that video, it gives Dawkin's comments even more power.

Off-topic, but that video reminded me of Sweezy. "Juggernaut" would be a great nickname for Sweezy if he keeps performing at a high level this year. What do you think?

I was thinking Small if he makes the team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I still don't understand how First Take even exists, Bayless and Stephen A. have to be the two most annoyingly grating personalities in all of sports broadcasting..........if you can even call what they do "sports broadcasting."

I could care less what either of them say, good or bad about the Hawks..........because it's all just mindless debates in absolute terms. One or both of them throw out a matter of fact opinion like it's law, then argue about it for 30 minutes. Never any inbetween ground, which makes the show unbearable to watch.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
drdiags":2irilnu7 said:
Ad Hawk":2irilnu7 said:
That doesn't bode well...

Agreed. They are trying some type of reverse voodoo magic on the team. With Bayless on the bandwagon, you have one too many. Hopefully Tebow comes out of retirement so Bayless can go all out for that team.
Doesn't he have Manziel to campaign for?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":353l94tq said:
As long as Pete Prisco still hates us, we'll be okay!

I find it hard to believe that even the most blatant homer doesn't fear us now.

gargantual

Reaction score
hawknation2014":ln7pkzr4 said:
Is it superstition or is it the reality that Skip Bayless is wrong 90% of the time? I personally preferred it when he thought we were crap.

I think instead that Bayless (in his eternal laziness) just parrots the main stream thinking.

Meaning that even the "conventional" thinking is finally coming around to the actual reality of things. We're getting to the point where we can no longer be ignored, explained or rationalized away. This is where true respect starts. They won't be able to ignore the "little" team tucked away up there in South Alaska anymore (it's the common saying - no offense to the great state of Alaska :) ).

There'll always be (and I hate using this term) the haters that will never accept the Seahawks' greatness, their utter dominance. But even the great dynasties of the past have opposing fans that still don't accept their greatness.

Just a step closer to general acknowledgement. It's been a long time coming.

Latest posts