Seahawks love fest on First Take

HansGruber

Reaction score
Skip Bayless has just mastered a certain role that he plays - that of the provocateur. Stephen A Smith plays the same role, and it has bitten both of them multiple times in the past. The show exists because that's what ESPN thinks people want. And I guess it is, because First Take generates great ratings.

When you hear Skip Bayless talk about football when he's not on that show, it's almost jarring how different he becomes. If he's on ESPN710, he keeps the role going. But I've heard him on appearances where you can tell he thinks nobody is listening, and suddenly he becomes this really intelligent, well-spoken antithesis of his normal on-air persona. It was weird.

The Radish

Reaction score
Everyone is taking the ninniners preseason games as gospel.

I'd wager they are going to be tough as ever. Remember we don't see them till way late in the year,(I hate that ) and they will have plenty of time to right the ship by then.

:141847_bnono:

Largent80

Reaction score
The Radish":2s2f4e9u said:

I'd wager they are going to be tough as ever. Remember we don't see them till way late in the year,(I hate that ) and they will have plenty of time to right the ship by then.

Or, they could totally tank. They don't look good at all right now and they should be concerned regardless of the excuses or "vanilla" schemes etc. If the Hawks were playing like that in the pre-season this place would be like Melrose Place.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":gztdk5cf said:

I can easily see them coming down a notch this season, but barring an injury to Kaepernick they won't be pushovers by any means.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The Radish":1z2w73bz said:

It won't matter if they're down by 3 games. The Seahawks look unstoppable. I've never seen a team playing with that much fire, at every position on the field, for every play of the game. The Seahawks look like they're playing in the Superbowl every week and like every guy is in a contract year.

It seems pretty likely that by the time the Seahawks play the 49ers, they may have lost only one game, maybe none. The only way a team matches up well against Seattle is with a great defense and run game, like the Cards last season. The Panthers are literally the only team that fit that mold until we face San Francisco. With the injuries in Arizona, that defense isn't the same, I think they've lost too many impact players. Denver and Green Bay are both good teams, but they're not physical, they don't bring that run+defense mentality that is required to stand up to us.

On the flip side, San Fran has lost a lot in that secondary and I think they're going to struggle there. Sure, their DL is good enough to get pressure, but their secondary is questionable. Now go look at their schedule. They play Denver, Philly, New Orleans, Dallas, and Kansas City - all before they get us at home. That's going to be a murderer's row for SF. Just a brutal opening schedule. All those teams have offenses that can put up serious points in a hurry. And we all know what Kaepernick looks like when playing from behind. With Kaep struggling, and that SF secondary so full of question marks, it's pretty safe to assume they could likely drop at least 3 of those games, and then you add the one game I didn't include above - Arizona in AZ. That's a tough schedule.

I'd be willing to bet some serious cash that by the time we play the Whiners in Santa Clara, Seattle will have a comfortable lead in the NFCW while Santa Clara will be hanging on for dear life.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Who cares....

and what rational, self respecting human being would watch that crap?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Radish":2qsm4qnd said:

I'd wager they are going to be tough as ever. Remember we don't see them till way late in the year,(I hate that ) and they will have plenty of time to right the ship by then.:

I agree, hard to judge on preseason, especially with a veteran team like SF that knows how to win. BUT, watching how fast the Hawks look in our preseason games compared to watching the Niners in theirs? There's a big gap in not only speed, but timing of their first team offense, which should be worrisome for Niners fans.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":iwjbn0tl said:
Sometimes the amount of superstition around here drives me nuts.
Indeed. All I'll say is, anything can happen between now and January, so saying it's already over is stupid. But things are definitely looking our way.

kpak76

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3qlo40f1 said:
Is it superstition or is it the reality that Skip Bayless is wrong 90% of the time? I personally preferred it when he thought we were crap.

Its superstition if you think Bayless crowning this team effects how we do at all. But Bayless is a tool and a puppet that just says things for ratings. Hard to believe even he believes half the crap he says.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Don't worry guys, even Bayless' uncanny ability to spew crap won't jinx us this year.

Is there another team as good as the hawks? Nope. So no worries.

hawker84

Reaction score
Not even Skip Bayless can effect what's happening in Seattle with this team. It's much bigger than him and the rest of the national mediots. Kind of like trying to stop a rolling bolder with a pickett fence, which one do you think will come out on top.

We know what we have here, more importantly the players/coaches know what we have here, let's kick back and enjoy the ride for the second straight year.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Bayless and Smith are cartoonish vaudeville acts. They take whatever the common wisdom is for the day and either loudly run with it or loudly rail against it with little middle ground. So if you're worried about Bayless jinxing the Seahawks with his praise, don't worry....he'll do a 180 in the opposite direction the first time the Hawks play a subpar game.

drdiags

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2pykvwjt said:
Sometimes the amount of superstition around here drives me nuts.

How you became the voice of reason around this place is amazing to me. Give it a rest.